Welcome back to Friday New Releases. This week is a little better than last week, but not by much. There are only a few I am interested in this week and they are highlighted in Blue. I am beginning to think February for music releases is like February for movie releases, there aren’t as many and they aren’t as good. I am hoping for a couple exceptions to that rule. Let me know what floats your boat.
- Pop Evil – Pop Evil – (Entertainment One): Pop Evil is one of the few modern rock bands I like. And based on what has come out so far this year, I need something good and heavy. They usually don’t disappoint. I will admit it is a little generic, but it is consistent and you know what you are going to get.
- David Cook – Chromance E.P. – (Analog Heart Music): Former American Idol winner is finally back, but only with an EP. I will take what I can get. David is a little rock, but mostly pop and I don’t know if he has ever fully found where he wants to be with his sound. Hopefully this finds him in a good place.
- John Corabi – Live 94 One Night in Nashville – (Rat Pak Records): I probably should have led with this one. Here is the release of the week. John Corabi live playing the one Motley Crue album he sang on and as a fan of that album, this is a freakin’ no brainer. I need to add this to my collection pronto. There is no video so far, but I found this one below.
- Michael W. Smith – A Million Lights – (Rocketown Records)
- Superchunk – What a Time To Be Alive – (Merge Records)
- Senses Fail – If There Is Light, It Will Find You – (Pure Noise Records)
- Lee DeWyze – Paranoia – (Shanachie Ent)
- Brandi Carlile – By The Way, I Forgive You – (Brandi Carlile Band)
- Belle and Sebastian – How to Solve Our Human Problems Part 3 E.P. – (Matador)