Welcome to the last Friday of February for new releases. There isn’t a whole lot of new ones that are peaking my interest. There are a few I will listen to and as usual, they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know if there is something that tickles your fancy or if there was anything that I don’t have on my list. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Alice Cooper – The Sound of A E.P. – (Edel Germany): Alice Cooper’s latest album ‘Paranormal’ is absolutely stellar. This is really just a single release of “The Sound of A” from that album, but what makes it special is the 4 B-Sides you get as well including Live versions of “The Black Widow”, “Public Animal #9”, “Is It My Body” and “Cold Ethyl”. That makes it worth it!!
- CoreLeoni – The Greatest Hits Part 1 – (Frontiers Records): Leo Leoni, guitarist from the band Gotthard, releases this on the 25th Anniversary of Gotthard to celebrate rock and bring back some songs that Gotthard has left behind. With singer Ronnie Romero taking on the vocals this could be a very interesting project. Worth at least a listen.
- Michael Schenker Fest – A Decade of the Mad Axeman Michael Schenker – (INAUKUSTIC): – A greatest hits compilation from the last ten years and actually features a crap load of great talent… Don Airey, Gary Barden, Francis Buchholz, Wayne Findlay, Chris Glen, Steve Mann, Robin McAuley,Ted McKenna, Neil Murray, Simon Phillips, Herman Rarebell, Elliott ‘Dean’ Rubinson, Chris Slade, Brian Tichy, Michael Voss, Pete Way, Doogie White and Special Guests: Michael Amott, Graham Bonnet, Rudolf Schenker, Jeff Scott Soto, Leslie Wes
- Shiraz Lane – Carnival Days – (Frontiers Records)
- The Doors – Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970 – (Eagle Rock Ent.)
- Tony Banks – Five – (BMG)
- Vance Joy – Nation of Two – (Atlantic Records)
- Michael W. Smith – Surrounded – (Rocketown)