Welcome to October. Halloween decorations will start going up and Fall should be arriving soon…well I am in the South so I guess we don’t get Fall weather until Christmas. The new releases are still coming fast & furious (great title for a movie franchise…I wonder if it has been done). There are two releases from 2 of my favorite singer songwriters and there are just so many to choose you should be able to find something. My choices are in Blue. Let me know what interests your or I am missing anything so people will know.
- Matt Nathanson – Sings His Sad Heart – (Acrobat Records): Matt Nathanson, what can I say. He is one of my favorite Singer-Songwriters out there today. I have seen him live 3 times (all is an opener…I need to see him as a headliner). This album will be there when I get home on vinyl along with his Def Leppard Cover E.P. on vinyl as well. This will consume most of my listening this weekend. His lyrics are insightful at times, quirky, funny and sometimes damn near brilliant. I can’t say enough good things. Damn…I hope I haven’t built him up too much to disappoint…nah..can’t happen.
- Steve Perry – Traces – (Fantasy): The legendary Journey singer is back with his first album in over 20 years and I could not be more excited. I can’t say I am a huge fan of what I have heard so far, but that doesn’t matter. Any new music by this man is welcomed and will be listened to for time to come.
- Will Hoge – My American Dream – (EDLO Records): Will Hoge is another one of those great singer songwriters that I can’t get enough. His Americana, Folk, Country, Rock style just captures the pulse of the country. He can be political at times and that is okay as his style and sound just strike a chord that resonates with me. Give him a listen. Maybe he will open your eyes.
- for King & Country – Burn the Ships – (Word Entertainment): I am glad these guys are back. Christian band for King & Country know how to make a difference in the world and their music is as impactful. It has been 4 years since the last album and they have been busy doing a movie on human trafficking to shine a light on that serious problem. Can’t wait to see what they have in store for us this time around.
- Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – A Star Is Born (Soundtrack) – (Interscope): The previews for the movie look pretty good. I like Lady Gaga as a singer and she seems likable in this role. I like any music by her and so this is an easy choice. I will give this a listen and probably check out the movie as well. We actually picked up the soundtrack on vinyl last week prior to release…not sure how that was possible, but yeah us!!
And now the rest…
- Lindsey Buckingham – Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham – (Rhino Entertainment): Leave Fleetwood Mac, release solo greatest hits!! Awesome..now release a new solo album.
- Twenty One Pilots – Trench – (WEA/Fueled by Ramen)
- KT Tunstall – Wax – (Rostrum Records)
- Tantric – Mercury Retrograde – (Pavement Entertainment)
- Coheed & Cambria – The Unheavenly Creatures – (Roadrunner Records)
- John Lennon – Imagine: The Ultimate Collection – (Calderstone Production)
- Johnny Hates Jazz – Turn Back the Clock (Unplugged) – (Dato Music)
- Accept – Balls to the Wall (Live) – (Nuclear Blast)
- Behemoth – I Loved You At Your Darkest – (Metal Blade Records)
- Eric Church – Desperate Man – (EMI Records)
- Idina Menzel – Idine: Live – (Walkman Records)
- Cat Power – Wanderer – (Domino Recording)