Welcome to June and the first Friday of releases. There are a lot of releases this week so there should be a little something for everyone. For me, there is a lot as well! A lot of nothing. There are a couple I find appealing and they will be highlighted in Blue. One of which I have had for a month and be enjoying it a lot. Hopefully there is something you like. Let me know what interests you and if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- Jonas Brothers – Happiness Begins – (Republic Records): Yes, the Jonas Brothers are back!! Okay, I am not really this excited, but my kids are going nuts! I have a feeling that this will be blaring around the house and in the car for quite sometime to come!! The first song released, “Sucker”, was quite catchy so let’s hope the rest of the album is as enjoyable otherwise this will be a painful period for me.
- Ida Mae – Chasing Lights – (Vow Road): I came across Ida Mae when they opened for Greta Van Fleet on tour. I picked up the album at the show around May 15th and have been playing it almost every day since. It is fantastic. They are from England and have a heavy Blues influence to their music and songwriting. It is quite different than what I normally listen to, but I can’t get enough of it. Check it out.
And sadly, that is it for me. The rest could be good and I might tackle some day, just not this weekend at least. Enjoy!!
- Santana – Africa Speaks – (Starfaith LLC)
- Perry Farrell – Kind Heaven – (BMG)
- Neil Young & Stray Gators – Tuscaloosa Live – (Reprise Records)
- Upon a Burning Body – Southern Hostility – (Seek & Strike)
- Motionless in White – Disguise – (Roadrunner Records)
- Eagles of Death Metal – EODM Presents Boots Electric Performing the Best Songs We Wrote – (Universal Music Group)
- Peter Frampton – All Blues – (Universal Music Group)
- Jamie Cullum – Taller – (Island Records)
- As Cities Burn – Scream Through the Walls – (Equal Vision Records)
- Silversun Pickups – Widow’s Weeds – (New Machine Recordings)
- Bob Dylan – The Rolling Thunder Revue: The 1975 Live Recordings – (Columbia Records)
- Fleetwood Mac – Before the Beginning: 1968-1970 – (Maxwood Music Ltd)
- Grateful Dead – Aoxomoxoa (50th Anniversary) – (Rhino/Warner)
- Angie Stone – Full Circle – (Conjunction Entertainment/Cleopatra)