Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend. There are a ton of releases this week, sadly though, not much for me. There is one I will listen to and I am excited about and another that I will listen to celebrate their 50 years together. The rest, hopefully you will be digging those! My choices are highlighted in Blue as usual. Let me know what you are interested in hearing and what I might have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Caleb Johnson & the Ramblin’ Saints – Born From the Southern Ground – (Big Johnson Records): Caleb has such an amazing voices and for me, one of the best voices to come out of American Idol. His debut I thought was great and from what I have heard off this one, this release will be fantastic as well. Give him a try if you haven’t, you won’t be disappointed.
- ZZ Top – Goin’ 50 – (Warner Bros) – (Deluxe 3CD out August 16th): Can you believe they have been going for 50 years? No, I can’t either. This is a celebration of their career and a career worth celebrating. It looks like these are remastered 2019 versions so that should be great to hear!! Digital and Single Disc CD is today!! 3 Disc Set and Vinyl is August 16th in case you want the mack daddy version.
And now the rest…
- Madonna – Madame X – (Interscope): What?? Madonna is still making music??? No idea and honest…don’t care. Is that mean?? Again…don’t care!!!
- Bruce Springsteen – Western Stars – (Bruce Springsteen)
- Chris Robinson Brotherhood – Servants of the Sun – (Silver Arrow Records)
- Roger Daltrey – The Who’s “Tommy” Orchestral – (Polydor Records)
- Keb’ Mo – Oklahoma – (Concord Records)
- Bad Religion – Age of Unreason – (Epitaph)
- X Ambassadors – ORION – (Interscope Records)
- Two Door Cinema Club – False Alarm – (Glassnote Entertainment)
- Montgomery Gentry – Outskirts – (Average Joe Entertainment)
- Neal Morse – Jesus Christ the Exorcist – (Frontiers Records)
- Bastille – Doom Days – (Virgin EMI)
- August Burns Red – Constellations (Remixed) – (Solid State Records)