The week before Thanksgiving and the last big week of new releases. There will be more releases over the next three weeks, but not as big as this one (in numbers, not necessarily quality). There are a handful I will give a spin and they will be highlighted in Blue as usual. Let me know what interests you or what I might have missed. Now next Friday there are new releases, but it is also Record Store Day Black Friday, so hopefully some I can grab…until then.
- Coldplay – Everyday Life – (Parlophone Records / Warner Music): I will admit, I hold hopes out that they will release something as good as ‘Parachute’ again. So, this will get a spin to see what they bring to the table this time. My hopes aren’t too high.
- Beck – Hyperspace – (Fonograf Records / Capitol): Okay, it’s Beck…why would he not get a spin? His quirkiness is always welcome even if not always appreciated.
- Charm City Devils – 1904 E.P. – (John Allen): I dig the guys from Charm City Devils, so an album or an E.P. are always welcome. The hard rock band out of Maryland has been around 10 years now (album wise that is) so I want more of their brand of music.
And the rest…some might get picked, like Junkyard, but time will tell…
- Junkyard – Old Habits Die Hard – (Acetate Records)
- Rod Stewart – You’re in My Heart: Rod Stewart (with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
- Depeche Mode – MODE (18CDs) – (Rhino / Warner Bros)
- Jimi Hendrix – Songs For Groovy Children: The Fillmore East Concerts (Live) – (Experience Hendrix / Sony)
- Leonard Cohen – Thanks for the Dance – (Sony Music)
- Grateful Dead – Ready or Not (Live) – (Rhino)
- Harry Nilsson – Losst and Founnd – (Omnivore Records)
- Jason Aldean – 9 – (Macon Music / Broken Bow Records)
- Luke Evans – At Last – (BMG Music)
- Lindemann – F & M – (Vertigo Berlin / Universal)
- Robbie Williams – The Christmas Present – (Columbia Records)