Finally…a good week of releases…at least for me. There are at least 4 I am wanting to try out before I slam down some buckaroos. Thank goodness for streaming. There is a ton of Rock this week and a little pop and christian music as well. Hopefully something to pique your interest. Let me know what you want to hear this week or if I missed anything. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Listening!! Oh, I almost forgot…my choices are highlighted in Blue!
- Revolution Saints – Rise – (Frontiers Records): What I thought was going to be a one time supergroup from Frontiers now has flourished to its third album…that is right numero three-o. Jack Blades, Doug Aldrich and Deen Castronovo. With Deen handling most of the lead vocals, there is a whole Journey vibe but heavier. The songs are catchy and have some great guitar work and it is just great rock & roll. I hope this one is as good as the last two and if so, you have a great trio of records from this trio. Give it a listen.
- Jorn – Heavy Rock Radio II: Executing the Classics – (Frontiers Records): Another Frontiers release and this one is Jorn. I have been a fan for quite some time, however, the covers albums are growing kind of old…NEW MATERIAL MR. JORN WOULD BE NICE!!!! However, I will give it a listen and see what he brings to these tracks. If you like someone who sounds a lot like David Coverdale but just a bit more dramatic, you will like Jorn. If you don’t like this…his early albums kick major ass!!
- Breaking Benjamin – Aurora – (Hollywood Records): After taking a hiatus…well was it really a hiatus or was it a breakup and then the lead singer came back and brought all new people with him? You decide. Either way, this is their second release since returning to the scene. It you like it hard and heavy, give them a try. I think you will like it.
- Dirty Shirley – Dirty Shirley – (Frontiers Records): Dirty Shirley is another album where Frontiers brings major stars together. This time it is George Lynch (is this his 1,000,000th side project, I’ve lost count) and Dino Jelusick on vocals. Haven’t heard anything yet, but because it is Frontiers, I will give it a try. They put out some great stuff…mostly.
And here is all the rest. Thanks for stopping by…
- Colony House – Leave What’s Lost Behind – (Roon Records)
- Decarlo – Lightning Strikes Twice – (Frontiers Records)
- Passion – Passion – (Frontiers Records)
- Elton John with Ray Cooper – Live from Moscow 1979 – (Mercury)
- Annihilator – Ballistic, Sadistic – (Silver Lining Music)
- Kirk Windstein – Dream in Motion – (Entertainment One)
- Tauren Wells – Citizen of Heaven – (Provident Label Group)
- Pet Shop Boys – Hotspot – (x2 Recordings)
- Black Lips – Sing in a World That’s Falling Apart – (Fire Records)