Welcome to the first Friday of February and the new releases we will see today. There are a bunch this week. If you like rock, pop, metal, country, latin, alternative or all of the above, there is probably something for you. I have three I am interested in hearing and I will highlight those in blue like normal. Let me know what interests you and what I missed including on the list so everyone knows. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful musical weekend!!
- Stone Temple Pilots – Perdida – (Play Pen Music / Rhino): STP is back with Jeff Gutt on vocals for his second album. This one is quite a departure from their normal fare as it is an all acoustic album of new music. Pretty bold move with still a new singer. My brother-in-law worked on this album with the band so of course it is on my list and has been pre-ordered on vinyl to arrive today when I get home from work. Looking forward to explore this one.
- Richard Marx – Limitless – (BMG): I will admit it…I love Richard Marx…no not the physical, deep emotional love for a person, but love of his music. What can I say, I am a sap for a good love song or hell, a good song period. Richard has a great way of doing both of those and at the same time. Thankfully the 80’s mullet is gone and he has changed with the times.
- Green Day – Father of All… – (Reprise Records): Not sure why I am interested in this, but I guess I hope they can recapture some of their magic from years gone by. They lost my interest several year back with their trio of albums that were so bad they were awful. I haven’t heard anything yet and will check it out once released. Here’s to hoping they have found their groove again.
And then all the rest…
- Avenged Sevenfold – Diamonds in the Rough – (Warner Records)
- The SteelDrivers — Bad For You – (Rounder Records / Concord)
- Cream – Goodbye Tour: Live 1968 – (Polydor Ltd)
- Sepultura – Quadra – (Nuclear Blast)
- Delain – Apocalypse & Chill – (Napalm Records)
- Pet Shop Boys – Monkey Business E.P. – (x2 Recordings)
- Prince Royce – Alter Ego – (Sony Music)
- Nada Surf – Never Not Together – (Barsuk Records)
- Bryan Ferry – Live at the Royal Albert Hall, 1974 – (BMG Rights)
- Cadillac Three – Country Fuzz – (Big Machine)
- The Lone Bellow – Half Moon Light – (Dualtone Music Group)