Welcome back, you made it through another week and you should be proud as who knows what the world threw at us this week as each week it seems to be something worse than the last. But at least the world is giving us some new music and that makes it all better. There are a handful of new music I am looking forward to getting and those are marked in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in, if anything, and tell me what I missed. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
- Whitesnake – The ROCK Album (2020 Remix) – (Saltburn / Rhino): In the first of 3 albums in a new series by Whitesnake, the Rock album is a bunch of remixes of old songs with one new one I believe. The other two will be out later in the year and in to next year are The Love Album and The Blues Album. I am glad the Rock starts it all off. This will finish up my David Coverdale Review series nicely until the other albums come out that is.
- Switchfoot – Covers E.P. – (Fantasy Records / Concord): Ah, I love me some Switchfoot and although not an album of new material, we get a small collection of cover songs. At least these aren’t your standard fare. You get a cover from Frank Ocean, The Chainsmokers, Vampire Weekend and more. Should be interesting.
- The Sword – Chronology: 2006-2018 (3CD Set) – (Craft Recordings / Concord): This should be awesome, a 3 CD greatest hits and rarity package from The Sword. The just released a live 3 CD set with a ton of live songs and other rarities so why not add them both to the collection.
- Michael Franti & Spearhead – Work Hard and Be Nice – (Boo Wax / Thirty Tigers): Michael Franti is a rapper, musician, poet, activist, documentarian, and singer-songwriter. He takes all those things and throws it in to his music which will make you think, laugh, cry and every other emotion. A little something for everyone.
- Jason Mraz – Look for the Good – (Interraband / BMG): This was an add this morning as I had this being released in July. Not used to albums being moved up during Covid, normally they are moving further out on the release list. I love Jason’s laid back vibe and he is such a wordsmith that it is fun listening to his lyrics. This should be good.
And the rest…
- Lamb of God – Lamb of God – (Epic Records / Sony)
- John Legend – Bigger Love – (Columbia / Sony)
- New Found Glory – Forever and Ever x Infinity – (Hopeless Records)
- Mushroomhead – A Wonderful Life – (Napalm Records)
- Cro-Mags – In the Beginning – (Mission Two Entertainment)
- Neil Young – Homegrown – (Silver Boy Productions)
- Bob Dylan – Rough and Rowdy Ways – (Columbia Records / Sony)
- Clint Black – Out of Sane – (Blacktop Records)
- Gabby Barrett – Goldmine – (Warner Music Nashville)
- Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer & Chris Thile – Not Our First Goat Rodeo – (Sound Postings / Sony)
- Peggy Lee – Ultimate Peggy Lee – (Capitol Records)