Welcome to 2021 and the first Friday New Releases of the New Year! Oh how I have missed this post…I know it has only been three weeks since the final one of 2020, but I like these posts. For the first one of the year, there aren’t a ton of releases and there are only a couple I want to listen to so not a great start, but it is right after Christmas and this is usually a slow week anyway. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or of there is a release I missed that you think the world should know (or at least the couple 100 people that might see this post). Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
- Sammy Hagar & the Circle – Lockdown 2020 – (Mailboat Records): During 2020’s Lockdown, Sammy Hagar & the Circle did a lot of covers and posted them, well now they are releasing them as a complete album and I am excited. Sammy Hager & The Circle was the one concert I had scheduled last year that got cancelled thanks to Covid. That bill also had Whitesnake and Night Ranger so I was really looking forward to it. Maybe they will come around some time soon.
- Passenger – Songs for the Drunk and Broken Hearted – (Nettwerk Music Group): Passenger isn’t really a band name, it is the stage name for Michael David Rosenberg. I like his brand of folk and indie music. He has a pleasant voice and he’s a great songwriter. Give him a listen.
And the rest…
- Magnum – Dance of the Black Tattoo – (Steamhammer)
- Mott the Hoople – Gold – (Crimson Productions) – No video sorry
- Alta Reign – Mother’s Day – (Rat Pak Records)
- Babymetal – 10 Babymetal Years – (Toy’s Factory Japan) – Vinyl & CD
- Morgan Wallen – Dangerous: The Double Album – (Big Loud Records / Republic)
- Aaron Watson – American Soul – (Big Label Records)
- Barry Gibbs – Greenfields: The Gibb Brothers Songbook, Vol. 1 – (Capitol Records)
- Blue Oyster Cult – Live ’83 – (Real Gone Music) – No Video sorry