Welcome to the First Friday New Releases of the New Year!! I hope 2019 is full of musical joy all year long. Let’s kick it off with this first, very limited, batch of releases to get the year started. There is some pop, some country, some metal and alternative. Hopefully something for you. Unfortunately nothing is jumping out at me as have to have, but will probably try the Taking Back Sunday one as they are usually good. Let me know what you like or what I missed. Have a great weekend!!
- Taking Back Sunday – Twenty – (Concord Music Group): Celebrating 20 years together as a band, TBS is back with a greatest hits compilation with 19 great tracks and 2 brand new songs. Might be worth it just for those 2 new ones. Here is one of their first hits, give it a view & a listen.
- Soilwork – Verkligheten – (Nuclear Blast)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 11th”
2019 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2019, but no dates announced yet. The ones I would give a try (and my kids) will be highlighted in Blue. The ones with Dates Announced are at the bottom of this post. The list is building up nicely!!
- Billy Eilish
- The Defiants
- Greta Van Fleet – (rumor already for new music)
- Hootie & the Blowfish (new tour has been announced)
- Michael Sweet
- Miley Cyrus
- The Raconteurs
- Rob Zombie
- The Cranberries
- Taylor Swift
- Tesla – Shock (Produced by Phil Collen of Def Leppard)
- Tori Kelly
- Whitesnake – Flesh & Blood (should be March)
Continue reading “What to Expect for New Music in 2019?”
The year is almost over so it is time to look back at what was awesome in music during the year. I have already looked back at the Top Rock Albums of 2018 (click to read). This list will cover all other genres that I listened to over the year including Pop, Country, Christian and whatever other genre you want classify these albums. Rock is my favorite genre and that is why it gets it’s own list, but that doesn’t take away from any of these choices as I think they are great on their own.
Note: These albums were my favorites and not necessarily the most played on the radio (which I hate the radio) or even the biggest sellers. There aren’t the trendy indie bands on everyone else’s top albums list. These are just what I came across during the year and connected with me in some way. So, we might as well get started…
The #1 Album of 2018
Matt Nathanson – Sings His Sad Heart: Man, what can I say about this guy. He is my favorite singer/songwriter out their right now and has been for sometime. Within just a couple listens to this album I felt like I knew all the words and I was singing right along like I had grown up with these songs. And how do you know an album is great, you keep singing it when you aren’t even listening to it. Yes, I was and I am still singing. The songs “Mine”, “Way Way Back”, “Used To Be” “Long Distant Runner” and “Best Drugs” are some of my favorites but there is not a bad song. Perfect!!
Continue reading “The Top Albums of 2018”
Happy Friday and welcome to the last Friday New Releases for 2018…unless something shows up for the last 2 weeks that are worth showing, but right now…NOTHING! So enjoy it while you can and we will be back sometime in 2019 when we have new releases to report. There is really only one I am interested in and hopefully I will get it for Christmas (or Birthday…either works as same day). I have highlighted it in Blue…hint..hint. Let me know if there is something for you this week or something I missed.
Thanks and Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!
- Jorn – 50 Years On Earth: The Anniversary – (Frontiers Records): Jorn Lande has had a rather productive solo career. Not all albums were perfect, but there is enough good stuff to make this more than worth it. All 12 solo albums in once package and at around $5 to $6 bucks a CD, not a bad price either. I love songs like Sunset Station and his cover of Kiss’ Naked City is fantastic. A voice like David Coverdale adds to my enjoyment. Check him out…
And that is it for me. Here are a few others that might be worth checking out…
- Bruce Springsteen – Springsteen on Broadway – (Bruce Springsteen)
- Within Temptation – Resist – (Vertigo Berlin)
- Volbeat – Let’s Boogie (Live from Telia Parken) – (Vertigo Berlin)
- We Three – We Three – (Palawan Productions)
- Zayn – Icarus Falls – (RCA Records)
Happy Friday. Welcome to December and we are ever closer to Christmas so the choices get more limited and I have to stop buying so my family has something to get me for Christmas (and my Birthday). This week there are a handful of releases and a lot of them live. I have highlighted in Blue those I might give a listen, but no promises. Let me know if there is anything for you or anything I missed. Have a great music Weekend!!
- Coldplay – Live in Buenos Aires – (Parlophone): I haven’t listened to Coldplay much at all lately, so not sure why I am interested in hearing this, but it it is calling me. I will give it a spin.
- Gotthard – Defrosted 2: Live – (Nuclear Blast): When Steve Lee was alive and the lead singer of Gotthard, I was a huge fan. I haven’t been since and it is no fault of the band, I just found Steve to be AMAZING! and it is hard to get back into the band now. The original Defrosted was great and I am willing to give this one a try out of respect for the band.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 7th”
The last Friday of November and Christmas is just around the corner which means one thing. Album releases start to become relatively scarce. You want to drop your album early enough that it makes it on people’s Christmas list, but not too late where no one will grab it as they have spent all their money already on Christmas presents. Now, there isn’t a whole lot I care about this week and in fact, there is only one. Some of the other might get a listen sooner or later. Have a great day and let me know what you are interested in hearing. Mine is in Blue.
- Def Leppard – The Story So Far – (Virgin EMI/Mercury): Def Leppard is bringing yet another greatest hits release. Just what we needed, right? Well….not really. However, that doesn’t stop me from buying it. I have it on pre-order for the vinyl so I can’t get the 7″ Single of their Depeche Mode cover of “Personal Jesus”. Yes, I am becoming a completist with Def Leppard. Anyway, this is a pretty complete greatest hits package and not a bad one to get if you don’t have on yet. Enjoy!!
- The 1975 – A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships – (Dirty Hit / Polydor / Interscope)
- Neil Young – Songs for Judy – (Shakey Pictures Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 30th”
Thanksgiving is over and it is now Black Friday! And for that reason, the new release set is limited..very limited. I almost skipped it as a result, but I didn’t…you are welcome. There are only 2releases I have on here and nothing I will run out and grab. Maybe something for you. I will keep it short and sweet…Have a great Friday and see you next Friday!
- Accept – Symphonic Terror: Live at Wacken 2017 – (Nuclear Blast)
- Rita Ora – Phoenix – (Atlantic Records)
Wow! Another HUGE week of releases. There are a ton I am interested in and some I have bought already or will be very, very soon. There is a wide range of artists covering Rock, Metal, Country, R&B, Pop, Showtunes, Christian, Alternative, Hip Hop and many more. There has to be something you will be digging. If not, let me know and let me if there is. I love to know what people are in to and whether or not I am missing out on anything good. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Have a great weekend!!
- Needtobreathe – Acoustic Live, Vol. 1 – (Atlantic Records): If you read my site, you know this is one of my favorite bands so it is no wonder this tops the list. The vinyl is on order and I hope I get it on release day, but doubt it since it is from the NTB webstore and not Amazon. Oh well! The album is a collection of acoustic tracks from their acoustic tour last year. All classic NTB tracks and these guys are fantastic live, so high expectations.
- Chris Cornell – Chris Cornell (Deluxe) – (Universal Music): This set looks S.W.E.E.T.!! An extensive greatest hits compilation of his Soundgarden, Audioslave and Solo work among some rare treats as well. This is another must have in the physical form. It is on the Christmas list and if I don’t get it, I will immediately buy on Amazon Christmas Day.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 16th”
Wow!! The new releases are coming in droves. Another extensive list of releases this week just like last. There has to be something for everyone as the artist here cover the gamut of genres. There are a handful I am interested in streaming at least, not sure about buying…yet. I will test the waters first. Those are highlighted in Blue. What do you see that you like? Let me know and let me know what releases are missing from the list. I hope you find something. Have a great weekend!!
- Stephen Pearcy – View to a Thrill – (Frontiers Records): The lead singer of Ratt (or some version of it) is back with another solo effort. I am becoming very skeptical of this release with all the antics going on with him from the latest Ratt tour…not a pretty picture. The tracks I have heard so far are so, so…but after his last one was pretty decent, I will give this one a try. We will see.
- Red Dragon Cartel – Patina – (Frontiers Record): Jake E. Lee isback with Red Dragon Cartel’s 2nd album. I get the impression this is a real band now and so the songs should be solid and consistent. I am digging what I have heard and have higher expectations for this one over the last. I can’t wait to crank this one up.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 9th”
Can you believe it is November already?? I find the years are flying by now and before this one is over, I will hit a major life milestone and I don’t know if I am ready for it. But before that happens, we have new music to get through. There is a lot here, but there isn’t at the same time. Hopefully you will find something. Me, there is nothing I am really running out to get. I will listen to some, but buying is a maybe to a No for most of this. The things I might listen to sooner than later are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing or what I might have missed this week. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- The Afters – The Beginning & Everything After – (Fair Trade Services): The Afters are a Christian pop/rock band. I enjoy them a lot and this is just a greatest hits album so I thought I would feature it for those that don’t know anything about them, this would be a good place to start. Here is the one new track on the album.
- Metallica – And Justice for All (Remastered) – (Blackened Recordings): Do I really need to add anything to this release. If you have $180 laying around you can the complete deluxe box set of 6LPs, 11CDs and 4 DVDs as who doesn’t need the same songs repeated over and over and over in different mixes, live versions, etc…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 2nd”