It is the first Friday of September and there is a long list of releases. Everyone starts putting out their new albums in the Fall and there are some big ones coming, but let us focus on today. The ones I am looking forward to are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to listen to and which ones I might have missed on the list. Thanks and have a great music weekend!!
- Alter Bridge – Live a the Royal Albert Hall (feat. the Parallax Orchestra) – (Napalm Records): I am surprised by another live record after last year’s release. That is ok. There are some different songs in the set list and a little orchestra along with it. I will give it a listen and then decide on buying.
- Lenny Kravitz – Raise Vibration – (Roxie Records): I have always loved Lenny so this is a no brainer to stream. His last few have been so-so so again I will stream it before I buy it. Just so you know, I don’t always do that as I do have 4 or 5 albums on pre-order without hearing a lick. Only a few bands get that special treatment.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 7th”
It is Black Friday!!! As a result, a lot of bands don’t release albums the day after Thanksgiving. However we do have a few coming out…one studio release I might give a listen, one anniversary release, a couple live and a greatest hits (of ballads). Hopefully there is something for you. Have a great day and don’t shop too much!!! My choices are highlighted in Blue.
- Queen – News of the World 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe: The biggest release today is the 40th Anniversary Edition of News of the World. This looks great and I would get it, but it is pretty pricey and might be out of my reach for awhile. The album features the classics “We Will Rock You” and “We are the Champions” so it is a must for anyone’s collection…if you can afford it. The Super Deluxe is $128…ouch!! If it is streamable, I will listen to it there first.
- Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – Who Built the Moon? – (Caroline): Oh the Gallagher Brothers…First Liam has a new album and now Noel. Since no more Oasis, I will take what I can get from each. Liam’s album was surprisingly good…I hope this will be just as surprising (even with the girl playing scissors on stage) and just as good.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 24th”
In my producer extraordinaire series, this is the 3rd producer who helped create some of my favorite albums. The first post in the series was for Robert John “Mutt” Lange and then second post was for Brendan O’Brien. Both legendary producers.
Bruce Fairbairn didn’t have as long as career as the first two guys due to his untimely death back in 1999. However, during his brief time, he crafted some of the most memorable albums of the 80’s & 90’s and the albums sold well over 65 million copies if you just count the platinum and gold albums.
It all started in back in Canada in the late 70’s when he started out producing for a band called Prism. Prism had moderate success in Canada, but not much internationally. In 1980, Bruce started production on the debut album for another Canadian band called Loverboy. Loverboy opened the doors for Bruce with the bands international appeal. He produced 4 albums with Loverboy in the 80’s. They were as follows:
- Loverboy – (2x Platinum)
- Get Lucky – (4x Platinum)
- Keep It Up – (2x Platinum)
- Wildside – (Gold)
Continue reading “Bruce Fairbairn – Producer Extraordinaire #3”
The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame announced the nominations for the 2017 induction ceremony today. There are a lot of great artists on this list and all deservedly so; however, only 5 will make it through. The nominees are as follows:
Continue reading “Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominations”