Welcome back to T-Shirts, T-Shirts, T-Shirts. I didn’t expect to do another post so soon, but the Rock T-Shirt collection has taken a little twist. It has become a family affair. Not only have I been buying, but now my kids have to have band T-Shirts as well.
My oldest daughter is the worst. Almost as bad as I am. She has some concert T’s and now she has quite a few band shirts as well. Here are her concert shirts for Ed Sheeran, James Bay and Tori Kelly…
Continue reading “T-Shirts, T-Shirts, T-Shirts #2 – A Family Affair”
Thirty years ago on August 3rd, 1987, Def Leppard released their fourth studio album, ‘Hysteria’. Little did they know this ground breaking album would go on to sell over 25 million records, produce 7 hit singles and go to #1 on the Billboard Charts. The album was a labor of love for the band as it took several years to record and they struggled so much during this time.
There were so many setbacks during the recording of the album. First, Robert John “Mutt” Lange turned down the producing job for the record after he had recorded “High & Dry” (my personal favorite) and “Pyromania” although he did help in the initial song writing for the record. The band went through several producers during the recording including working with Jim Steinman of ‘Bat Out of Hell’ fame. Their relationship did not go smoothly and he was later fired (they paid him a lot of money to get out of the contract so it must have gone badly). Later in the process, “Mutt” did come back and produce the final product and then history was made.
The second big obstacle was Rick Allen’s car accident that severed his arm. Yes, the drummer of the band lost an arm. With all respect to the band, they did not abandon Rick. They stood by him and supported him until he was capable of playing the drums with one arm using an electronic drum set and a set of foot pedals to compensate for the lost arm. It definitely was a trying time. I won’t go into much more as you can watch the documentary included to learn more.
Continue reading “Def Leppard – ‘Hysteria’ 30th Anniversary (Deluxe Edition) – Album Review”
After a really long week at work, it was so nice to come home yesterday to have these two gems waiting on me.
First up, The Winery Dogs: Special Edition Dog Years – Live in Santiago & Beyond 2013-2016. This 5 Disc special edition includes The Live in Santiago concert on Blue-Ray & DVD as well as a 2 CD set of the show. Also included is The Dog Years Bonus EP on CD. Not a bad little set and with coupons and a small gift card I had, this only cost $7 and some change.
Continue reading “The Mailman – Def Leppard & The Winery Dogs”
Thank goodness July is over. The Friday new releases were limited during July, but things start to pick up in a big way in August. There are some great ones coming out today to get your month started out just right. As I am in the midst of busy season at work, these releases will help get through it. Hopefully there is something for you. My picks are highlighted in Blue.
- DEF LEPPARD – 30th Anniversary Edition of HYSTERIA!!! – (Mercury): It is hard to believe it has been 30 years since this release. Amazing how time flies. This album sounds just as good now as it did back then. It is a classic. With songs like “Women”, “Animal”, “Armageddon It”, “Love Bites”, “Hysteria” and “Pour Some Sugar On Me”, you have the ultimate rock album. There is only one edition to buy for me and it is the full on edition with 5 CDs, 2 DVDs, a couple books and everything you would want. You have to get this!!!! I already have and it will be there when I get home from work.
- The Winery Dogs – Dog Years Live in Santiago & Beyond 2013-2016 – (Loud & Proud Records). Three outstanding musicians bring us their first live album. Richie Kotzen, Mike Portnoy and Billy Sheehan make up The Winery Dogs and I couldn’t be more excited to grab this. If you haven’t heard them, you are definitely missing out. Give this one a listen!! This should also be waiting on me when I get home!!!
- Kryptonite – Kryptonite – (Frontiers Records SRL): Frontiers Records has a way of bringing people together. This group brings Jakob Samuel (The Poodles), Pontus Egberg (Treat), Robban Back (Moustasch) and Mike Palace (Palace) together to form a sort of supergroup. I really love Jakob Samuel and The Poodles, so anything he does really peaks my interest. Heres to hoping for something special.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 4th”
Thank goodness Monday is over. I need something to lighten my mood. How about some Def Leppard Memes. You should always start you day with Def Leppard. Enjoy and have a great week.
Gene….you might want to sue him for using the devil horns!!
Continue reading “Tuesday’s Memes – Def Leppard”
Happy Friday! For those of us in the States, we celebrated our Independence Day on July 4th and now it is time to celebrate Friday New Releases. Go grab a new album and let me know what you get. This Friday, there are not a ton of releases and only a couple I want to check out…they are highlighted in Blue. I hope you find something you like.
- Riverdogs – California – (Frontiers Records Srl): Def Leppard’s own Vivian Campbell and the other Riverdogs bring us their first new album in 6 years. They are blues based, hard rock band and they never disappoint. This will be the one I run to first and give it a listen.
- All 41 – World’s Best Hope – (Frontiers Records Srl): Frontiers Records is a great record company and they are known for bringing great artist together for a special project and this is no exception. The band has Terry Brock from Giant & Strangeways on lead vocals: Robert Berry from Three & Alliance on bass and lead vocals; Gary Pihl from Boston, Sammy Hagar & also Alliance on guitar; and lastly, Matt Starr from Ace Frehley’s band and Mr. Big on drums. I will give it a listen.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 7th”
I have a new obsession (one of many). I have started buying band T-Shirts. My daughter laughs at me for going into a store where she buys clothes and then I grab a couple things as well.
Oh well, it doesn’t stop me. It all started harmlessly early last year with shirts that showed music in some way…
Continue reading “T-Shirts, T-Shirts, T-Shirts”
Today is the 10th Anniversary of Record Store Day. My daughter and I didn’t get up too early to head down to our local record stores, but it was early for us on a Saturday. We left the house around 8am to get to Lunchbox Records which was to open at 9am. We knew it would be crowded, but we had NO IDEA!!!!
We arrived around 8:40am and the place was absolutely PACKED!! The line stretched around another building and turned and started going down the street. There had to be over 200 people in line. I am not a patient man, so this didn’t sit well with me. I decided to head over to Repo Records as they would normally open at 10am and I would see what their line looked like. Luckily it was just down the street about 5-8 minutes.
We arrived around 8:45-50 (I don’t remember exactly and it is really not key to the story). The line was really good. It had only about 40 people, so we figured we would wait it out. It turns out they had just opened and were only letting a few people in at a time so we timed it perfectly.
Continue reading “Turntables & Vinyl #7 – Record Store Day – April 22, 2017”
Part 3 of the Def Leppard Live Series is ‘And There Will Be A Next Time…Live From Detroit’. This the latest released from Def Leppard and sparked my reason behind reviewing all three of the Live albums they have released. The other two are as follows:
‘And There Will Be A Next Time…’ was recorded back over the Summer of 2016 in Detroit, MI (obviously) in support of their album that was simply titled ‘Def Leppard’. The release was in both CD form and in Blue Ray / DVD and consisted of 17 tracks. The track listing is below:
- “Let’s Go”
- “Let It Go”
- “Love Bites”
- “Armageddon It”
- “Rock On”
- “Man Enough”
Continue reading “Def Leppard – And There Will Be A Next Time…Live From Detroit (2017)”
My fellow blogger Jason Ritchie over at The Rockin’ Chair Blog is doing a series saluting fellow bloggers and the current victim is none other than Me!! Go check out the interview and then stay around and check out the blog. You won’t be disappointed.
For some insight on The Rockin’ Chair I have stolen ( I mean borrowed) his bio from his site so you can have an idea of what to expect from his blog.
Bio: I have been blogging about mainly Stoke City FC over on the Rock ‘N’ Oatcake and am currently News & Reviews Editor at Get Ready To Rock! – my main love in the musical world 🙂
The Rockin’ Chair is a place for me to highlight new and old music. It won’t be just press releases or feature music that would score an average rating, it is more hand picked music. The blog will feature guest writers and contributions from fellow music fans and musicians.