Welcome to the day after Valentine’s Day. I hope everyone was with the one you love or at least loving the one you were with. And if you didn’t have anyone, that is okay too. Maybe there is something on here you could love. There is a little for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in and what I might have missed. Have a great weekend.
- Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water – (BMG): Avril Lavigne, what can I say. I actually dig her stuff. I am not afraid to admit it. Even if she married the guy from Nickelback. I won’t hold that against her. I haven’t heard anything off this one yet, but that won’t deter me from giving it a listen as she has earned that respect. Oh yeah, the cover of the album is quite nice!
- Jon Fratelli – Bright Night Flowers – (Cooking Vinyl Ltd): I love the Fratelli’s so can’t wait to hear Jon do another solo album. His last one I enjoyed so why would this one be any different. Give him a try, you will like it.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 15th”
Vinyl, Vinyl, Vinyl…I keep getting more and more and I get more addicted to wanting more and more. My wife shakes her head and just sighs at this point. I guess I could be drinking, smoking or doing drugs, but thankfully that is not the case. If I did those things, I would consume everything and I would just be throwing money away. With the vinyl purchases, I at least could sell them if I ran out of money, so it is an investment…yeah, let’s go with that!!
There is a friend at work that her husband has 2 big crates of vinyl in their closet and she wants them out of the house. So before they took them somewhere to sell them, she gave me first crack at going through them and letting me pick out the ones I want first. I gave her a fair price (more than any record store would give her, even more than they would in store credit).
The crates were very heavy and full of vinyl. My wife said I should take them upstairs in the Loft and sit with the family while I went through them. I declined as they were too dang heavy and I didn’t want to tackle the stairs with them. Instead, I stayed downstairs for a couple hours and slowly went through the collection.
The collection consisted of albums from the late 50’s all the way up to the late 80’s. Each crate was sort of themed. The one crate was from the 50’s-70’s and it was all her husband’s parents vinyl. It had stuff I had never heard of and a lot I had. There was Elvis, Liberace (I passed on those), Oak Ridge Boys, Alabama, the Kingston Trio and I could go on and on.
Continue reading “Turntables & Vinyl #15 – More & More Vinyl”
It is the last Friday of the month and it has been a slow month. And it is another Friday where there isn’t a ton of releases, but there are at least a few I am interested in and those are highlighted in Blue. If you like Rock, Pop, Metal, Country, Christian, Electronic and even old time rock & roll, there is a little for everyone.
- Alice Cooper – Paranormal – (EarMusic): The Man, The Myth, The Legend, Alice Cooper is back with his 27th or so album. How many artists can say that?? I have seen and heard a lot of buzz about this one and I am actually excited to get this one. I can’t wait to hear what is in store with this one.
- Seventh Day Slumber – Found – (VSR): The Christian rock band from Texas is here to bring us more of their post-grunge, hard rock. I haven’t heard anything of this one yet (haven’t watched the video either) so waiting to be surprised when the full album is out. I am generally not disappointed by anything they have released over the last 12 years.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 28th”
There are ton of songs in rock & roll about cars. However, this is not a list of songs about cars. This is a list of the most recognizable cars in Rock & Roll. Cars that were in music videos or on album covers. Just the coolest cars that you could actually own and drive. Ok, there is one on here that isn’t really cool, but it had to make the list.
10. The Black Keys’ 91 Dodge Caravan: This glorious vehicle graces the album cover for their 2011 album ‘El Camino’. I am a little confused. The album is called ‘El Camino’ and you show a picture of a Dodge Caravan. Now that is rock & roll. I believe the van is actually similar to their first van they used for touring.
Continue reading “The Top 10 Rock & Roll Cars”