Welcome back, you made it through another week and you should be proud as who knows what the world threw at us this week as each week it seems to be something worse than the last. But at least the world is giving us some new music and that makes it all better. There are a handful of new music I am looking forward to getting and those are marked in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in, if anything, and tell me what I missed. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
- Whitesnake – The ROCK Album (2020 Remix) – (Saltburn / Rhino): In the first of 3 albums in a new series by Whitesnake, the Rock album is a bunch of remixes of old songs with one new one I believe. The other two will be out later in the year and in to next year are The Love Album and The Blues Album. I am glad the Rock starts it all off. This will finish up my David Coverdale Review series nicely until the other albums come out that is.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 19th, 2020”
- Switchfoot – Covers E.P. – (Fantasy Records / Concord): Ah, I love me some Switchfoot and although not an album of new material, we get a small collection of cover songs. At least these aren’t your standard fare. You get a cover from Frank Ocean, The Chainsmokers, Vampire Weekend and more. Should be interesting.
Welcome to May and a very dismal week of releases…at least for me. There isn’t much I am interested in this week which will hopefully help me catch up on what I missed while on vacation. There is one I am interest in and another I might check out, but that is all. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or if I missed anything. Or just stop by and say hi! Whatever floats your boat. Have a great weekend!!!
- Joy Williams – Front Porch – (Sensibility Records): Is she the better half of the band The Civil Wars that were together from about 2009-2014? I don’t know. I guess that depends if you liked her voice or John Paul White’s voice better. I love her voice and enjoyed her first solo album after the breakup, so I am looking forward to hear what new she has to offer. The band was more American folk and I can you classify her that still. Whatever you want to definite it, it is some great songwriting.
- New Found Glory – From the Screen to Your Stereo 3 – (Hopeless Records): NFG has been hit or miss over the years. I am not sure I will enjoy this at it their 3rd covers album, but you never know what you will get so I might give it a shot. Just glad to see a band from the 90’s still going at it as it seems a lot of bands from that decade aren’t around anymore.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 3rd”
It is the last Friday of April…amazing how time flies. We have a lot of albums coming out today, but nothing that really excites me. I will pick a couple to listen to, but it looks like a good week to get caught up on previously released albums from the last couple weeks. I hope you can find something that tickles your fancy. Mine are highlighted in Blue.
- John Mellencamp – Sad Clowns & Hillbillies – (John J. Mellencamp): Always a fan of the former Mr. Cougar. Whatever he puts out I always give a spin and see what he has to offer. I haven’t heard anything yet so not sure what to expect. I do know it is his 23rd release and will feature Carlene Carter throughout. We will see…or I guess we will hear soon enough.
- The Cranberries – Something Else – (The Cranberries & BMG): It has been 5 years since a Cranberries release and that is way too long to go between albums especially for a band as talented as them. Glad to get some new material even if it is only 3 new songs. The rest are acoustic and orchestral versions of 10 previous hits. I am not overly greedy so I will be happy with the 3 new singles even thought I would have preferred a full album of new songs.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 28th”