The last week of February, the last week of new releases for the month and the Last in Line is all I am interested in hearing. There are a handful of releases this week so hopefully there is something for you. Mine is highlighted in blue as usual. Let me know what you want to get or anything I might have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Last in Line – II – (Frontiers Records): The former Dio band consisting of Vinny Appice, Vivian Campbell (Def Leppard), Andrew Freeman and now Phil Soussan. They aren’t playing Dio songs, but their own material. I like Viv and Vinny so I will give it a try and see what they have to offer this time around.
- Gary Clark Jr. – This Land – (Warner Brothers): What an utter talent. His blend of rock and blues has been hailed by Prince and even President Obama…so that should be enough to sway you to check him out. Seriously, check him out. You will not be disappointed. And for this album…he has a lot to say!!! Damn!! He needs to be heard!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 22nd”
Happy Friday. Not a ton of releases that have caught my attention this week. There are two that I will be diving in to and they are at opposite ends of the spectrum for sure. There are a couple more I will try out eventually, but the first two will get most of my attention. All the releases I will be checking out are highlighted in Blue. Take a look around and see what else you might like and let me know in the comments. If you want to see all the new releases coming in the universe over the next several weeks (or months), CLICK HERE.
- James Bay – Electric Light – (Republic Records): Finally, the super talented James Bay is back with his sophomore release. Is the sophomore jinx in place or not, we will have to hear it first to decide. I have heard three singles so far and the first was completely different than his last album which can be good and bad as you don’t necessarily want to alienate the fans you built off that sound. The next two were a little more in the wheelhouse we expect. He is a great songwriter, singer and guitar player so we will check this out. In the meantime, have a glass of “Pink Lemonade”
- Five Finger Death Punch – And Justice for None – (Prospect Park): Now for the other end of the spectrum, there is Five Finger Death Punch. The music is just that, a death punch to the face. Every now and again, I like it hard and I like it loud and this is exactly what I need right now. So prepare your ears to be decimated.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 18th”
Welcome to another Friday! It is time for more new releases and I hope you have some money saved up because one of these is quite pricey. I know I won’t be getting it anytime soon…if ever. Not a lot this week, but one I am getting for sure…My picks are in Blue. And that is The Michael Bolton you see on the list.
- Def Leppard – And There Will Be A Next Time…Live From Detroit (Blue-Ray/DVD/CD) – (Eagle Rock Entertainment): Def Leppard is back with another live concert DVD and CD. Mine has been on pre-order for a couple weeks and should be at my house when I get home. Can’t wait for this one.
- Bon Jovi – Vinyl Box Set (24 LPs) – (Universal Records): At over $400 this set is for the diehard fan. I am no longer diehard, but there are 2 albums in here I want that have never been on vinyl before…’Keep the Faith’ and ‘These Days’. Two of their best albums that I will pick up sometime soon. Here is a video from their newest album which is included in this set.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 10th”