Finally!! Yes, there are some albums I am actually excited about this week. It has been awhile for me since the last week that anything I was anxiously awaiting. This week, I have two that will definitely get a spin first thing in the morning while I am sitting at home in my office like I have for the last two months…I can’t wait to sit in traffic and drive to work. I never thought I would say that!!! Anyhoo, my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing and what I may have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Dennis DeYoung – 26 East, Vol. 1 – (Frontiers Records): I couldn’t tell you the last time a Dennis DeYoung record got any press, but this one is making the rounds. I have heard nothing but positive comments on this one so far, so it has really piqued my interest. I have heard there is a strong Styx element and why wouldn’t there be as he was a huge part of that sound. We will see.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 22nd”
- One Desire – Midnight Empire – (Frontiers Records): Okay, this one might the first one getting a spin this morning. These two songs I have heard so far are a couple of the best I’ve heard this year. If you like some solid guitar driven, heavy melodic rock with a guy that can sing his heart out, this is the one for you to hear. I think this is going to be the one to beat this year.
The last week of February, the last week of new releases for the month and the Last in Line is all I am interested in hearing. There are a handful of releases this week so hopefully there is something for you. Mine is highlighted in blue as usual. Let me know what you want to get or anything I might have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Last in Line – II – (Frontiers Records): The former Dio band consisting of Vinny Appice, Vivian Campbell (Def Leppard), Andrew Freeman and now Phil Soussan. They aren’t playing Dio songs, but their own material. I like Viv and Vinny so I will give it a try and see what they have to offer this time around.
- Gary Clark Jr. – This Land – (Warner Brothers): What an utter talent. His blend of rock and blues has been hailed by Prince and even President Obama…so that should be enough to sway you to check him out. Seriously, check him out. You will not be disappointed. And for this album…he has a lot to say!!! Damn!! He needs to be heard!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 22nd”
Is it the end of March already? There have been so many great releases this month that I am almost wore out. I said almost! There are several more releases I need to hear before the month ends and those are highlighted in Blue. This week there is Hard Rock, Metal, Country, Pop and maybe a little for everyone. Let me know what you want to get a hold of and listen to constantly. Have a great weekend.
- Red Sun Rising – Thread – (New Razor & Tie): Red Sun Rising are on their 2nd Studio album (not including 2 independent releases). The first one was a surprise discovery for me. It flew under the radar but struck a chord and now I am glad they are back for some more. They are a hard rock/post-grunge style band that just deliver the goods. Check them out.
- Rob Zombie – Astro-Creep: 2000 Love Songs of Love, Destruction And Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head – (Universal Music): Rob Zombie and a live album! That is really all I need to say. I don’t always like everything they put out on a studio album, but a live album captures are all the classic Zombie sound and with John 5 and band at his side, you can expect sheer perfection in sound. This one needs to get turned up as loud as it will go. I didn’t find a video release yet promoting this album…sorry.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 30th”