2019 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2019, but no dates announced yet. The ones I would give a try (and my kids) will be highlighted in Blue. The ones with Dates Announced are at the bottom of this post. The list is building up nicely!!
- Billy Eilish
- The Defiants
- Greta Van Fleet – (rumor already for new music)
- Hootie & the Blowfish (new tour has been announced)
- Michael Sweet
- Miley Cyrus
- The Raconteurs
- Rob Zombie
- The Cranberries
- Taylor Swift
- Tesla – Shock (Produced by Phil Collen of Def Leppard)
- Tori Kelly
- Whitesnake – Flesh & Blood (should be March)
Continue reading “What to Expect for New Music in 2019?”
I have not done a good hip hop artist yet and I still haven’t since this one is on Kanye West! I am kidding…that was a joke…ok, not really! This collection was too easy to put together so you won’t get any fancy intro or diatribe about Kanye as the memes will speak for themselves.
I hope you enjoy…
The wife and child…
Continue reading “Tuesday’s Memes – Kanye West”
It is time for the Top 20 Songs of 2017. My previous post, if you missed it, was the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2017. Go check it out by clicking on the link. These 20 songs are all genres other than rock. Some were popular and chart toppers and others were not. They are my favorites, that touched me in some way so don’t expect any indie bands or anything trendy. If you want that go to one of the cool sites out there, this ain’t it.
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2017 or the Top Albums of 2017 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
Let’s get started…
#20 – “Something Just Like This” by the Chainsmokers featuring Coldplay off the album ‘Memories…Do Not Open’: This song was a family favorite during the year. The one song the wife liked as well as all the kids and as a result, I heard it a lot and it grew on me to where I stopped and listened to it when it came on the radio. A catchy little song with a great beat.
Continue reading “Top Songs of 2017”
The year is almost over so it is time to look back at what was awesome in music during the year. I have already looked back at the Top Rock Albums of 2017 (click to read). This list will cover all other genres that I listened to over the year including Pop, Country, Christian and whatever other genre you want classify these albums. Rock is my favorite genre and that is why it gets it’s own list, but that doesn’t take away from any of these choices as I think they are great on their own.
Note: These albums were my favorites and not necessarily the most played on the radio (which I hate the radio) or even the biggest sellers. There aren’t the trendy indie bands on everyone else’s top albums list. These are just what I came across during the year and connected with me in some way. So, we might as well get started…
The #1 Album of 2017
Colton Dixon – ‘Identity’: What??? Not Taylor or Harry or Ed?? Nope!!! Colton Dixon’s album ‘Identity’ was the album that did it for me this year. Colton’s very pop album, but a Christian based album, is what I found to be best this past year. The album was a loosely based concept album which was broken down into 3 parts – The Mind, The Body & The Soul. He was able to rock out, dance, and slow it down all with precision. You couldn’t help getting caught up in the messages of the songs and I am still listening to it even though it came out real early in the year. That says something right there.
Continue reading “The Top Albums of 2017”
Welcome to another Friday New Releases and this week is a biggie. Why? Because Taylor is finally releasing her long awaited new album. I put it at the top because it will be the most played album in our house (I have two girls that love her). But don’t fret! There is plenty of other releases for everyone. I have a ton of rock records that I can’t wait to spin and they are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something for you. Enjoy!
- Taylor Swift – Reputation – (Big Machine): Get ready because the old Taylor is DEAD!! This is a new Taylor Swift and from what I have heard so far, I would agree. Taylor is reinventing herself now with each new release and I don’t see it as a bad thing. At least for me, the new songs are more interesting than the prior songs. I actually might like this new direction. We will see as I will definitely hear it enough to become familiar with it.
- Sweet & Lynch – Unified – (Frontiers Records): Now here is where I will begin. Michael Sweet & George Lynch were brought together by Frontiers Records as one of their special projects and usually they end up as a one time deal, thankfully, this one is not. We are now given a second release and they are touring. Maybe this will last a little while. I always need more rock & roll.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 10th”