Happy Friday everyone. It is another day for releases and hopefully something you’ve been wanting. There isn’t a whole lot here this week, some solid metal, pop, country, r&b, comedy and two surprises that only popped up as being released this week. And those two are the only ones I am interested in which is good as vacation is coming and some much needed time off. Those two are in Blue. Let me know what you are digging this week and what I have missed. If there is nothing for you, what is something new lately that you find to be pretty dang great? Let me know! Have a great weekend everyone!
- Taylor Swift – Folklore – (Republic Records): Surprise, Surprise!! Taylor announced yesterday that she is dropping a new album at midnight…right when this post posts! Written and inspired during the Covid-19 stay at home orders…I’m actually interested in what this will sound like. I know, I’m surprised by that as well.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 24, 2020”
- Matt Nathanson – Live in Paradise: Boston: The announcement came on Wednesday, Pre-Orders were Thursday and the Digital is came immediately so technically this came out yesterday, but I don’t care!!!…This is so exciting for me as nothing this man puts out is bad and now a Live album…Hell Yeah!!! There are no videos, but someone posted one from the show last year that is supposed to from so close enough.
As we get further into August things keep getting better. One more really, really busy week ahead at work and hopefully things can relax a little. To help me get over the stress, there are a handful of releases I am going to check out and maybe you will as well. I have highlighted my choices in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in and if I missed anything interesting (which J. will tell you I usually do!!)
- Rhett Walker Band – Rhett Walker Band EP – (Provident Label Group) – I really dig Rhett’s music. It is Christian rock with a little southern rock and blues thrown in. A great combination. Always powerful and thought provoking at times and all around a joy to listen to when you drop the needle (or push play on your phone…either way works). My only sadness is that it is an EP and not a full length album…hopefully soon.
- Jason Mraz – Know – (Atlantic Recordings): Jason Mraz finally releases a new album after 4 years…it seems much longer. The Mr. A to Z wordsmith has a way of writing that is unmatched. He can go pop, reggae, hip hop and anywhere he wants and it is always fun to follow along. High hopes for the new stuff as always.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 10th”
Welcome to another Friday New Releases and this week is a biggie. Why? Because Taylor is finally releasing her long awaited new album. I put it at the top because it will be the most played album in our house (I have two girls that love her). But don’t fret! There is plenty of other releases for everyone. I have a ton of rock records that I can’t wait to spin and they are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something for you. Enjoy!
- Taylor Swift – Reputation – (Big Machine): Get ready because the old Taylor is DEAD!! This is a new Taylor Swift and from what I have heard so far, I would agree. Taylor is reinventing herself now with each new release and I don’t see it as a bad thing. At least for me, the new songs are more interesting than the prior songs. I actually might like this new direction. We will see as I will definitely hear it enough to become familiar with it.
- Sweet & Lynch – Unified – (Frontiers Records): Now here is where I will begin. Michael Sweet & George Lynch were brought together by Frontiers Records as one of their special projects and usually they end up as a one time deal, thankfully, this one is not. We are now given a second release and they are touring. Maybe this will last a little while. I always need more rock & roll.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 10th”
Can you believe we are already in to June??? Crazy! And it has already gotten crazy hot here in Charlotte…and it isn’t even Summer yet (officially). At least there are some Hot New Releases to keep you COOL!!! There are only a handful I am looking to grab and they are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something that you are interested in getting.
- U2 – The Joshua Tree (Deluxe) – (Island Records): I can not believe it has been 30 years since this album was originally released. I was a senior in High School and this album was huge. It is one of the world’s best selling albums. U2 is commemorating the 30th anniversary with a new Deluxe Edition and a World Tour celebrating this album. Who can forget all those great songs “Where The Streets Have No Name” “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”, “Bullet The Blue Sky” and “With Or With Out You”. There is a 2CD Deluxe Edition which includes a live album of the Joshua Tree Tour and a SUPER DELUXE Edition which is a 4 CD set and includes 2 additional discs or remixes and rare songs from that time. I definitely will be checking this out.
- Adrenaline Mob – We the People – (Century Media): Russell Allen (Symphony X) and Mike Orlando are back with their 3rd full length release. The first two were great metal albums and I am not expecting anything less than spectacular with this one. Climb aboard and check out the rush that comes with listening to these guys.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 2nd”