2021 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet.
Last year, there were a few artist I was hoping would release an album that might have or might not have released one. It is always fun to hope for new music from these bands, but were disappointments. Here is who I was hoping for new albums from last year and what actually happened…
- Def Leppard – We did get the Def Leppard Box Set for The Early Years and the Live Box Set London to Vegas, BUT NOPE!! STILL NOTHING NEW!!
- Kiss – NOTHING!!
- Van Halen – NO! Sadly, this won’t happen with Eddie’s passing. I am now hoping for archive music.
- The Winery Dogs – NOTHING!! Still keeping my hopes up
- Guns ‘N Roses – NOTHING!!! Rumors, Rumors, Rumors!!
- Talisman – after getting a song to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the death of Marcel Jacob in 2019… NO ALBUM, we did get more Jeff Scott Soto music though.
- AC/DC – YES!! We got POWER UP and it is awesome!!
- Motley Crue – I thought with a Big Tour in 2020 with Def Leppard & Poison…is a new album far behind??? NOPE – No Music, No Tour thanks to Covid!!
- Poison – Same as Motley statement above!!! No Music, No Tour thanks to Covid!!
- Aldo Nova – He kept talking about a 2CD set, but he never got around to releasing it?? NOPE..still talking. He has released some songs, but still no album!!
- Matt Nathanson – No New Music but we got a Live album and a Christmas album
- Needtobreathe – YES!!! We got the incredible OUT OF BODY and it was one of their best!!
Okay, are there albums I want to see this year from some of my favorite bands that haven’t been announced or in some cases even rumored? Of course there are. These are the bands I want new albums from this year…but it might not happen.
Continue reading “What to Expect in New Music for 2021!!”
- Def Leppard – I don’t care if I get new music, but give me The Collection Volume 3 at least!!!
- Kiss – I will keep this on the list until I die!!
- The Winery Dogs – Still keeping my hopes up
- Guns ‘N Roses – Rumors, Rumors, Rumors!!
- Aldo Nova – He keeps talking about a 2CD set, but will he get around to releasing it??
- Matt Nathanson – Loved what we got last year, but time for new music!!! I believe he finished recording it, but haven’t heard anything for a long while.
Oh the Holidays! The end of the year. Christmas time. The time John is not supposed to buy any albums since it is the holidays and it is my birthday time period so no record purchases as people need to have something to give me as a gift. Well, that didn’t quite work this year.
I did set aside a list of albums people could buy for me for Christmas and/or my Birthday and I made sure that anything I picked up was not from that list. December turned out to be a treasure trove of purchases, gifts and free stuff. I definitely hit the jackpot with a crap load of albums to listen to and some day write about.
It all started mid-November when the Coke reward program was giving away $5 Amazon gift cards for every 10 bottle caps redeemed. Well, I had been collecting them at work as I do drink one Coke product everyday and on really stressful, busy days, maybe two. The $5 Amazon Gift cards were actually $10 because they allowed you to redeem it twice. After setting up a several more accounts with different email addresses, I was able to redeem $40 worth of caps (I would have done more, but I ran out of caps). What did I get with the $40 from Amazon? Music of course. I picked up the following:
Continue reading “Turntables & Vinyl #11 – The Holiday Treasure Trove”
Welcome to the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2017. These songs are my favorite songs of the year and were not necessarily played on the radio or even shot up the charts. They just moved me in some way good or bad!
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2017 or the Top Albums of 2017 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
It is time to start the list so here we go…
#20 – “Make It Move” by Jonny Lang off the album ‘Signs’: The loud stomping sound that opens the song and throughout feels like a train barreling down on you. The opening track to the album starts it all off with a bang. The song also delivers a great message that you need to make the move and not wait on something to happen.
Continue reading “Top Rock Songs of 2017”
2017 has been a fabulous year in music, but mostly for all the Anniversary Editions of some of my favorite albums from Def Leppard, Whitesnake and Stone Temple Pilots. However, there were some stellar Rock albums this year as well.
This list will be my favorite “Rock” albums of the year. All other types of music will be for a later post. I am going to leave this one to my favorite genre. It is a broad genre, but these are the albums that I consider to be ROCK!!
Also note, these are MY FAVORITES!! These are not the most popular or trendy albums. These are the albums that I connected with during the year and kept coming back to again and again. And without further adieu, here are the Top Rock Albums of 2017:
My #1 Album of the Year:
Jonny Lang – ‘Signs’: This album is straight-up Blues Rock and was one of two albums I can’t stop listening to this year. With songs like “Make It Move” and “Wisdom” how could I vote for any other album as #1. If that isn’t enough, Jonny’s guitar playing is sensational and his vocals are filled with so much emotion you are attached to these songs. Here is what I said in my review…He has brought a rawness back to his music that brings a more authentic blues sound and brings a lot of emotion. There is no reason you should skip out on listening to this album. (Click at the top to see the review).
Continue reading “The Top Rock Albums of 2017”
Happy Friday! It is time for more new releases and one I know everyone on earth is waiting to hear…that is right…Nickelback!! Your local police will be thrilled to have new Nickelback music to play and torment their prisoners. There is quite a lot and a little for everyone so take a look and start listening. My choices are highlighted in Blue.
- Nickelback – Feed the Machine – (Nickelback II Productions): Nickelback is back (no pun intended) to bring more enjoyment to our senses (this was supposed to come out as sarcasm, but sometimes it is tough to show that in writing). Will I give it a listen??? Maybe, not sure yet. I figured I would mention it since so many people do buy their albums and go see them in concert.
- Cheap Trick – We’re All Alright! – (Big Machine): The first of two childhood favorite bands with new albums. First up is Cheap Trick. I am glad to see them still cranking out new tunes as this is their 18th studio album and they actually released one last year as well. Will I give this one a listen…hell yeah!.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 16th”