Finally…a good week of releases…at least for me. There are at least 4 I am wanting to try out before I slam down some buckaroos. Thank goodness for streaming. There is a ton of Rock this week and a little pop and christian music as well. Hopefully something to pique your interest. Let me know what you want to hear this week or if I missed anything. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Listening!! Oh, I almost forgot…my choices are highlighted in Blue!
- Revolution Saints – Rise – (Frontiers Records): What I thought was going to be a one time supergroup from Frontiers now has flourished to its third album…that is right numero three-o. Jack Blades, Doug Aldrich and Deen Castronovo. With Deen handling most of the lead vocals, there is a whole Journey vibe but heavier. The songs are catchy and have some great guitar work and it is just great rock & roll. I hope this one is as good as the last two and if so, you have a great trio of records from this trio. Give it a listen.
- Jorn – Heavy Rock Radio II: Executing the Classics – (Frontiers Records): Another Frontiers release and this one is Jorn. I have been a fan for quite some time, however, the covers albums are growing kind of old…NEW MATERIAL MR. JORN WOULD BE NICE!!!! However, I will give it a listen and see what he brings to these tracks. If you like someone who sounds a lot like David Coverdale but just a bit more dramatic, you will like Jorn. If you don’t like this…his early albums kick major ass!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 24th”
2020 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2020, but no dates announced yet. The ones I would give a try (and my kids) will be highlighted in Blue. The ones with Dates Announced are at the bottom of this post. The list is building up nicely!!
- Ace Frehley – Origins, Vol. 2
- Alicia Keys – A.L.I.C.I.A.
- Angels & Airwaves
- Bon Jovi
- Bush – The Mind Plays Tricks On You
- Busta Rhymes
- Cardi B – Tiger Woods
- A Day to Remember – You’re Welcome
- Deep Purple
- Dixie Chicks – Gaslighter
- The Doobie Brothers
- Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
- Greta Van Fleet
- Harem Scarem
- Iron Maiden (rumor)
- J. Cole – The Fall Off
- Jeff Scott Soto
- Kid Cudi – Entergalactic
- Lana Del Rey – White Hot Forever
- Miley Cyrus
- Niall Horan
- One Desire
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Pearl Jam
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Royal Blood
- Sam Smith
- Skid Row
- Static-X – Project Regeneration
- Steven Wilson
- The Airborne Toxic Event
- The Cure
- The Killers
- The Offspring
Continue reading “What to Expect for Music in 2020?”
Welcome to the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2017. These songs are my favorite songs of the year and were not necessarily played on the radio or even shot up the charts. They just moved me in some way good or bad!
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2017 or the Top Albums of 2017 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
It is time to start the list so here we go…
#20 – “Make It Move” by Jonny Lang off the album ‘Signs’: The loud stomping sound that opens the song and throughout feels like a train barreling down on you. The opening track to the album starts it all off with a bang. The song also delivers a great message that you need to make the move and not wait on something to happen.
Continue reading “Top Rock Songs of 2017”
2017 has been a fabulous year in music, but mostly for all the Anniversary Editions of some of my favorite albums from Def Leppard, Whitesnake and Stone Temple Pilots. However, there were some stellar Rock albums this year as well.
This list will be my favorite “Rock” albums of the year. All other types of music will be for a later post. I am going to leave this one to my favorite genre. It is a broad genre, but these are the albums that I consider to be ROCK!!
Also note, these are MY FAVORITES!! These are not the most popular or trendy albums. These are the albums that I connected with during the year and kept coming back to again and again. And without further adieu, here are the Top Rock Albums of 2017:
My #1 Album of the Year:
Jonny Lang – ‘Signs’: This album is straight-up Blues Rock and was one of two albums I can’t stop listening to this year. With songs like “Make It Move” and “Wisdom” how could I vote for any other album as #1. If that isn’t enough, Jonny’s guitar playing is sensational and his vocals are filled with so much emotion you are attached to these songs. Here is what I said in my review…He has brought a rawness back to his music that brings a more authentic blues sound and brings a lot of emotion. There is no reason you should skip out on listening to this album. (Click at the top to see the review).
Continue reading “The Top Rock Albums of 2017”
Here we are on another Friday and another week of great releases. But before I get into that I just noticed that this is my 400th post since I started. Crazy to think it I have been able to think of that many things to write about and that people still come to check out the site. Pretty cool.
Okay back to the post…If you like rock, there is a plethora of new music. There is probably a little something for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking to pick up. I hope you find something. Have a great weekend.
- Revolution Saints – Light in the Dark – (Frontiers Records): Frontiers Records has a knack for putting together little supergroups. Most of the time those supergroups only last one album. Thankfully, Revolution Saints are back with record number two!! Who is in Revolution Saints you may ask (please ask)? Well, I am glad you asked…you get Jack Blades (Night Ranger and Damn Yankees), Deen Castronovo (Journey and Ozzy) and Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake, Dio, Dead Daisies). The first album was spectacular and expect more of the same greatness.
- Fozzy – Judas – (Century Media): When you hear the name Chris Jericho, what is the first thing you think of??? Wrestling?? No, Heavy Metal Music. Chris has been lead singer of Fozzy for 18 years and they are now on their seventh album with ‘Judas’. As I always, I look forward to hearing what they bring to the table each time and this time is no different.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 13th”