Welcome to the first Friday of February and the new releases we will see today. There are a bunch this week. If you like rock, pop, metal, country, latin, alternative or all of the above, there is probably something for you. I have three I am interested in hearing and I will highlight those in blue like normal. Let me know what interests you and what I missed including on the list so everyone knows. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful musical weekend!!
- Stone Temple Pilots – Perdida – (Play Pen Music / Rhino): STP is back with Jeff Gutt on vocals for his second album. This one is quite a departure from their normal fare as it is an all acoustic album of new music. Pretty bold move with still a new singer. My brother-in-law worked on this album with the band so of course it is on my list and has been pre-ordered on vinyl to arrive today when I get home from work. Looking forward to explore this one.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 7th, 2020”
- Richard Marx – Limitless – (BMG): I will admit it…I love Richard Marx…no not the physical, deep emotional love for a person, but love of his music. What can I say, I am a sap for a good love song or hell, a good song period. Richard has a great way of doing both of those and at the same time. Thankfully the 80’s mullet is gone and he has changed with the times.
2020 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2020, but no dates announced yet. The ones I would give a try (and my kids) will be highlighted in Blue. The ones with Dates Announced are at the bottom of this post. The list is building up nicely!!
- Ace Frehley – Origins, Vol. 2
- Alicia Keys – A.L.I.C.I.A.
- Angels & Airwaves
- Bon Jovi
- Bush – The Mind Plays Tricks On You
- Busta Rhymes
- Cardi B – Tiger Woods
- A Day to Remember – You’re Welcome
- Deep Purple
- Dixie Chicks – Gaslighter
- The Doobie Brothers
- Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
- Greta Van Fleet
- Harem Scarem
- Iron Maiden (rumor)
- J. Cole – The Fall Off
- Jeff Scott Soto
- Kid Cudi – Entergalactic
- Lana Del Rey – White Hot Forever
- Miley Cyrus
- Niall Horan
- One Desire
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Pearl Jam
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Royal Blood
- Sam Smith
- Skid Row
- Static-X – Project Regeneration
- Steven Wilson
- The Airborne Toxic Event
- The Cure
- The Killers
- The Offspring
Continue reading “What to Expect for Music in 2020?”
Welcome to October and the 1st Meme collection of the month. We are going to celebrate Green Day this week. Whether it is making fun of songs, individuals or the whole band all at once, hopefully you will get a little smile that will brighten your day.
And since September is now over…
Continue reading “Tuesday’s Memes – Green Day”
Happy Friday! Next week is Thanksgiving here in the States and sadly, there isn’t a ton to be thankful for on this week’s releases except for the few new live releases from Iron Maiden, Jeff Lyne’s ELO and Black Sabbath. Outside of that, I don’t really care too much. I might give some a listen, but got get through these live albums first. My choices are highlighted in Blue! Let me know if anything tickles your fancy.
- Iron Maiden – The Book of Souls: The Live Chapter – (Iron Maiden LLP): Of course any Iron Maiden live album is a welcome sight and this one is no different. This will probably be first up on the drive in to work. I know several of my loyal followers will be devouring this one as well. You know who you are!!
- Black Sabbath – The End – (Eagle Rock Entertainment): The Final Black Sabbath show was captured and now being released. Not surprising that they are coming to an end, amazingly they lasted as long as they did. I am interested to see how this show turned out and bid a final farewell to this icon of metal music. For that alone, it is worth a spin!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 17th”
Another fantastic Friday of new releases. There are so many albums coming out today that if you can’t find one you like, you are not looking hard enough. Alter Bridge’s new album is the one I am going to get immediately and crank it up on the way to work. The other ones I am interested in hearing are highlighted in Blue. I talk about a few them, but there are just so many I want to listen to this week. I hope I can get through them all.
- Alter Bridge – The Last Hero – (Alter Bridge): Alter Bridge is back and in full force. They are one of the best rock bands out there and have the hardest working man in the music business as lead singer, Myles Kennedy. He has one of the best voices for rock as well. Mark Tremonti on guitars, Brian Marshall on Bass and Scott Philips on Drums…what else do you need.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 7th”