Happy Friday! It is about time it got here, I need this weekend! We have a handful of releases this week and some I am actually interested in hearing and I will highlight those in Blue as usual. We have a variety of styles this week to choose from so hopefully there will be something for you. Let me know what you want to hear and what release I might have missed as it does happen. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
- Bush – The Kingdom – (Zuma Rock / BMG): Gavin Rossdale and the boys are back. Bush is hit or miss for me, but they’ve hit enough that I try out their releases and I will this one. Here’s hoping for some solid rock this time around.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 17, 2020”
- Pretenders – Hate for Sale – (Chrissie Hynde / BMG): Chrissie Hynde and boys are back (that phrase sounds familiar…oh yeah…see Bush above). I have always loved her voice and the punk/new wave style. She is a legend and that is why she will get a spin.
We are now in May, I’m still working from home and we are still on the social distancing kick…which is all a good thing until this thing gets better. The really good news is there are a lot of releases this week…ok, not really. A month or so ago, that would’ve been true. There have been at least 10 that were on the list that are now moved until later in the year. That is too bad. As a result, I hope there is something here for you. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to hearing or what I missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. Stay Safe!!
- Mike Tramp – Second Time Around – (Deko / Target Records): Mike Tramp has been putting out the albums lately. That voice sounds aged and wiser and ever since White Lion and Freak of Nature, I have followed his career so why would I not throw this on for good measure.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 1st”
- Jack Russell’s Great White – Once Bitten Acoustic Bytes – (Deadline Music / Cleopatra): I don’t know if I am interested in this because I think it is going to be good or that I think it is going to be really bad. Either way, I might try and sit through this. His last album was pretty good, but it still isn’t the same as it used to be. We will leave judgment until I hear it all.
2020 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2020, but no dates announced yet. The ones I would give a try (and my kids) will be highlighted in Blue. The ones with Dates Announced are at the bottom of this post. The list is building up nicely!!
- Ace Frehley – Origins, Vol. 2
- Alicia Keys – A.L.I.C.I.A.
- Angels & Airwaves
- Bon Jovi
- Bush – The Mind Plays Tricks On You
- Busta Rhymes
- Cardi B – Tiger Woods
- A Day to Remember – You’re Welcome
- Deep Purple
- Dixie Chicks – Gaslighter
- The Doobie Brothers
- Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
- Greta Van Fleet
- Harem Scarem
- Iron Maiden (rumor)
- J. Cole – The Fall Off
- Jeff Scott Soto
- Kid Cudi – Entergalactic
- Lana Del Rey – White Hot Forever
- Miley Cyrus
- Niall Horan
- One Desire
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Pearl Jam
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Royal Blood
- Sam Smith
- Skid Row
- Static-X – Project Regeneration
- Steven Wilson
- The Airborne Toxic Event
- The Cure
- The Killers
- The Offspring
Continue reading “What to Expect for Music in 2020?”
For My Sunday Song #119, I am going with “Not Ready to Make Nice” by the Dixie Chicks. The song was off their 2006 album ‘Taking the Long Way’. The single was a Platinum selling song and reached number 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 which is pretty great for a country song.
Back in 2003, Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks made some comments during a show in London about then President George W. Bush and about the impending invasion of Iraq. When word got back to the States, people were not happy with her or the band. The band’s music was banned from Country radio and the band received death threats and all sorts of abuse. So much for Free Speech!!
And I think things are worse with Free Speech now then they have ever been. You can’t say anything that someone else might disagree with or find offensive without being racked over the coals. It is a scary time. But that is for another conversation.
This single was released and the band let it be known their thoughts on the whole situation. And let me tell you this was quite a Statement!! What a great song. It lays bare their thoughts and the troubles they faced during that time. Natalie sings with such conviction and people loved it. I guess time heals all wounds. I was never a Dixie Chick fan until this song. It made me respect them and their music.
Continue reading “My Sunday Song – “Not Ready To Make Nice” by the Dixie Chicks”
August was not a great month for new releases, so September has to be better…right?? Yes and No. Yes, September is loaded with some great possible new releases. But No, it isn’t this week. Next week starts the onslaught of new releases and you won’t be disappointed. There a couple I will listen to this week, but not overly excited about any of them. My choices are highlighted in Blue (and sadly no good rock albums this week…for me at least).
- The Script – Freedom Child – (Sony Music): The Irish band is back with their 5th studio album. The are decent enough pop band. My daughter and I saw them several years ago for some radio station Christmas show and I have to say that they weren’t very good live. Or at least at this event. I could not understand what the singer was saying or even singing. We were disappointed. Their studio stuff is way better. Let’s hope we get some decent pop songs. My expectations aren’t real high so shouldn’t be disappointed (better not be).
- Dixie Chicks – DCX MMXVI Live – (Columbia): The Dixie Chicks are always entertaining. I am glad to see them still putting out music. This one seems like an interesting collection of the latest tour. It includes 2CDs and I believe a DVD of the show. Should be a nice set.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 1st”