It’s a pretty slow start to the year, nothing for me last week and only one for me this week (highlighted in Blue). However, that is normally the case for the first couple weeks of January. It will pick up soon, I promise. Hopefully there will be something for you in this list and if not, there will be something soon enough, I promise. The good news is it frees my up to keep chugging along on the Gene Simmon’s The Vault 15 part review and the David Coverdale Series…check them both out. How’s that for a shameless plug?
- Sons of Apollo – MMXX – (InsideOutMusic): I am so happy to see Sons of Apollo bringing us their second studio album, but third album overall. I thought this might be a one and done kind of thing, but thankfully nope. The band has one of my favorite singers, Jeff Scott Soto as well as some guys you might have heard of by the names of Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan, Derek Sherinian and some no name guitarist that goes by Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal. Just a little band full of nobodies…huh, yeah right. It don’t get much better than this lineup!! A super group for dang sure. Check them out.
- G. Love & Special Sauce – The Juice – (Philadelphonic Records / Thirty Tigers)
- British Lion – The Burning – (Explorer1 Music)
- Magnum – The Serpent Rings – (Steamhammer)
- Little Big Town – Nightfall – (Craft Recordings)
- Dustin Lynch – Tullahoma – (Broken Bow Records)
- Halsey – Manic – (Capitol Records)
- Of Montreal – UR Fun – (Polyvinyl Records)
- John McLaughlin, Shankar Mahadevan & Zakir Hussain – Is That So? – (Abstract Logix)
- Bombay Bicycle Club – Everything Else Has Gone Wrong – (Mmm…Records)
- Anti-Flag – 20/20 Vision – (Spinefarm Records)
- …And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead – X: The Godless Void and Other Stories – (Dine Alone Music)
2020 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2020, but no dates announced yet. The ones I would give a try (and my kids) will be highlighted in Blue. The ones with Dates Announced are at the bottom of this post. The list is building up nicely!!
- Ace Frehley – Origins, Vol. 2
- Alicia Keys – A.L.I.C.I.A.
- Angels & Airwaves
- Bon Jovi
- Bush – The Mind Plays Tricks On You
- Busta Rhymes
- Cardi B – Tiger Woods
- A Day to Remember – You’re Welcome
- Deep Purple
- Dixie Chicks – Gaslighter
- The Doobie Brothers
- Dua Lipa – Future Nostalgia
- Greta Van Fleet
- Harem Scarem
- Iron Maiden (rumor)
- J. Cole – The Fall Off
- Jeff Scott Soto
- Kid Cudi – Entergalactic
- Lana Del Rey – White Hot Forever
- Miley Cyrus
- Niall Horan
- One Desire
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Pearl Jam
- Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Royal Blood
- Sam Smith
- Skid Row
- Static-X – Project Regeneration
- Steven Wilson
- The Airborne Toxic Event
- The Cure
- The Killers
- The Offspring
Continue reading “What to Expect for Music in 2020?”
We are at the end of August and are getting ready for some huge releases that will be coming in September and October. This week has a ton of releases, but none I am eager to run out and get although one everyone is talking about (but me – well I am talking about it, but I don’t really care). My choices are limited and highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing or if I missed anything as that is known to happen…frequently. Have a great week.
- Sons of Apollo – Live With the Plovdiv Psychotic Symphony – (Inside Out Music). Sons of Apollo are releasing a huge live album/DVD and I expect it will be awesome. How could it not with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals, Mike Portnoy on Drums, Billy Sheehan on Bass, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal on guitar and Derek Sherinian on keyboards. Their debut was spectacular and this will be nothing short of that. This will get played a lot!!
- Tool – Fear Inoculum – (Tool Dissectional/Voyage): Here is the album everyone is talking about. It has been 13 years since their last album and I am not sure if anyone thought they would do another album. This is going to be huge in the world of music. So why do I not care one bit. I have never found them to be anything special so maybe I am missing something. I will listen to see if this finally grabs me, but I am not expecting much as I liked nothing prior. Can someone please tell me why they are so liked…seriously, let me know.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 30th”
October is flying by and there are a bunch of new ones available this week…even Christmas albums if you are so inclined. There are some brand new bands, some old favorites and some fabulous reissues/deluxe editions. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know which ones you are interested in with a comment below. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Sons of Apollo – Pyschotic Symphony – (Inside Out Music): Another supergroup and another one featuring Billy Sheehan and Mike Portnoy. If you liked in The Winery Dogs, this is not the Winery Dogs. This is a much heavier band with Jeff Scott Soto on lead vocals rather than Richie Kotzen. Also on the record is Bumblefoot on guitar and Derek Sherinian that make this a massive group with a massive sound. Can’t wait to dive into this one.
- Europe – Walk the Earth – (Silver Lining Music): Europe is still putting out quality albums after 35+ years in the business. The took most of the 90’s off, but came roar back in the 2000’s and have been non-stop ever since. I have held off from listening to anything on this one yet as I want to take it in all at once.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 20th”