Is October already over!! Wow! The time is flying by now. Luckily for me, it was another stellar month for picking up so new stuff (most is old stuff new to me though). And I didn’t waste any time as right at the end of September after I wrote the September Purchases post, a few things came in the mail from Amazon within minutes and days of each other. First up was Ace Frehley’s Origins. Vol 2…and yes I have Vol 1…duh!!
Then Queen & Adam Lambert’s Live Around the World. I chose CD on this only because when I ordered it the vinyl wasn’t listed. It did come with a DVD of the shows as well. Since my daughter saw this tour a couple years ago, no brainer…
Continue reading “October 2020 Purchases – Vinyls & CDs”
The second Friday in to May and more bands have moved their releases to later in the year. Covid-19 is taking its toll on music for sure. That doesn’t mean there aren’t any brave artists still willing to dare release an able in these times. I salute you and since there is been so little out the last few weeks, I am will to try a few this week. I will highlight those in Blue as usual. Let me know what interests you and what I missed this week. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Butch Walker – American Love Story – (Ruby Red Records): Singer/Songwriter/Rocker/Producer – jack of all trades, Butch is back with another solo album. His resume is pretty impressive and I think he had been working with Matt Nathanson lately, who I love, so Butch will get a listen.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 8th”
- Fake Names – Fake Names – (Epitath): Punk rock supergroup Fake Names – which includes Brian Baker (Minor Threat, Dag Nasty, Bad Religion), Michael Hampton (S.O.A., Embrace, One Last Wish), Dennis Lyxzén (Refused, International Noise Conspiracy, INVSN), and Johnny Temple (Girls Against Boys, Soulside)…yeah, this line-up is worth a spin.
Happy Friday! Of course, all Friday’s are happy. The last day of the work week and new album releases. What could be better…maybe everyday being a Friday. There are a handful of albums this week for me and one was on pre-order and should be at my door when I get home from work…yes, it will be a great Friday. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in or if I missed anything which happens all the time. Have a great weekend and enjoy any new music you pick up.
- W.E.T. – Earthrage – (Frontiers Records): Jeff Scott Soto is a busy man between his solo album, Sons of Apollo and now a new W.E.T. album. And it has been too long since the last one, 5 years I believe since the last studio album and that is way too long. Jeff’s vocals are what keep me coming back to everything he releases. With W.E.T., he teams up with Erik Martensson and Robert Sall to form this sensational trio. The bands this trio is from makes up the name…Work of Art, Eclipse & Talisman…all three great bands in their own right. If this first song is what we can expect, hold on tight!! Check them out!
- Kip Winger – Solo Box Set Collection – (Frontiers Records): Kip Winger is such an underrated talent…well at least he used to be. He is now a Classical Composer (Grammy nominated I think)…pretty cool! This set is a collection of all his solo works (it isn’t classical music though). We get 5 CDs, the 3 solo albums, an acoustic album (with Winger songs included) and some rare demos and an unreleased track. Pretty damn fine set of music and worth picking up. This is what I have on pre-order and should keep me busy for awhile!! Here is the collections trailer…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 23rd”
Rock fans rejoice!! There are an abundance of rock records out today. There are a variety of other genres as well including a Barry Manilow release, but ROCK is KING today for me. My favorites to listen to are highlighted in Blue. There will be more on the list I am interested in, but will get listened to whenever I have time. I hope there is something here for you! Happy Friday and Happy Listening!!
- Crazy Lixx – Ruff Justice – (Frontiers Records SRL): The Swedish “Hair” Metal band is back with a new line-up after losing their major songwriter, Andy Zata. After hearing the first song, they still sound the same bringing us loud rock & roll. Hoping for more of the same on the rest of the album.
- Thunder – Rip It Up – (Earmusic): English band, Thunder, is bringing us their 11th studio album. They came about in 1990 right when the 80’s rock was dying out and missed out on being a huge band. They have been going strong (off and on) since and I am looking forward to another great release from Danny Bowes and company.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 21st”