Another great Friday with another huge selection of releases. However, the selections aren’t “huge’, if you know what I mean. There a handful I am interested in hearing, but nothing I am running out and buying. Streaming for me on these…unless one is so good it warrants a purchase. I wonder if I have gotten through all the ones from last week (I am writing this two weeks out) but I doubt it. Anyway, my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is anything I missed. Enjoy and have a great weekend!!
- Keane – Cause and Effect – (Island Records): Keane’s debut in 2004, ‘Hopes and Fears’ was fantastic and their second was pretty great as well. As a result, I do enjoy checking out anything they put out. Nothing has lived up to those two releases, but still find a golden nugget in each release and they hope is the same on this one. “Is It Any Wonder” why I would keep trying? Not really. Great English Pop.
- Slash with Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators – Living the Dream Tour (Live) – (Snakepit Records): Let’s see…Slash √…Myles Kennedy √…both of them together √…and Live √…I don’t think I need any other reasons to “check” this out do I.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 20th”
Summer is over and School is back in session, now we need some new music. Who am I kidding, I don’t need a reason to want new music. Every week is a good week for that. However, this week is a little limited on the releases. There are quite a few, but not a lot to excite my senses. There are a few I will check out and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Black Star Riders – Another State of Grace – (Nuclear Blast): Black Star Riders are back with their fourth studio release and I am eager to hear what is in store as well as a little apprehensive since Damon Johnson is no longer in the band. He was a big draw. I will keep an open mind and give it a try as Ricky is still on vocals and Scott is still there as well, but I hate they are only down to 2 of the 5 original members.
- Lindsey Stirling – Artemis – (LindseyStomp Records/BMG): This young lady plays one mean violin. I find her to be sensational and always entertaining and I don’t expect this to be any different. A couple vocal tracks on this one as well with guest Amy Lee and Elle King which should be incredible, but the highlight is always her playing. If you haven’t checked her out, do yourself a service and do so.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 6th”
We are at the end of August and are getting ready for some huge releases that will be coming in September and October. This week has a ton of releases, but none I am eager to run out and get although one everyone is talking about (but me – well I am talking about it, but I don’t really care). My choices are limited and highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing or if I missed anything as that is known to happen…frequently. Have a great week.
- Sons of Apollo – Live With the Plovdiv Psychotic Symphony – (Inside Out Music). Sons of Apollo are releasing a huge live album/DVD and I expect it will be awesome. How could it not with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals, Mike Portnoy on Drums, Billy Sheehan on Bass, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal on guitar and Derek Sherinian on keyboards. Their debut was spectacular and this will be nothing short of that. This will get played a lot!!
- Tool – Fear Inoculum – (Tool Dissectional/Voyage): Here is the album everyone is talking about. It has been 13 years since their last album and I am not sure if anyone thought they would do another album. This is going to be huge in the world of music. So why do I not care one bit. I have never found them to be anything special so maybe I am missing something. I will listen to see if this finally grabs me, but I am not expecting much as I liked nothing prior. Can someone please tell me why they are so liked…seriously, let me know.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 30th”
Happy Friday. Welcome to the new releases and I am sorry, but there are not a lot this week. Why? Because no one wants to go up against Taylor Swift. She will rule the world this week. That doesn’t mean I don’t have something because I do and it is going to kick some major ass. Sorry Swift, this will get played…yours won’t…except with my girls so I will hear it, but not by choice. What I will hear is in Blue. I hope there is something for you. Let me know what you like and if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- Crobot – Motherbrain – (Mascot Label Group): The boys from PA are back with their fourth studio album. If you like your hard rock with a little funk then come on over as you won’t be disappointed. This album is going on first thing this morning on the way to work…cranked as loud as I can take it. Each album has gotten better and I hope this one follows that trend.
- Taylor Swift – Lover – (Taylor Swift): Okay, I will have to listen to this and it is a really huge release so I will mention it. My prediction is that it won’t do as well as her previous releases as I think she has reached her peak a couple album ago. I am not saying it will be bad, I am saying we have probably heard it all before and she is rehashing old sounds. I think the days of Swift Superiority are coming to an end especially when you have fresh voices like Billie Eilish starting to rule the airwaves.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 23rd”
It is time to celebrate all that is great with Willie Nelson. He is a legend, one of Country Music’s greatest and the most famous Pot Smoker next to Snoop Dogg. For that, he deserves his own collection of memes so I went and searched this webby thing and this is what I found. I hope you enjoy!
Continue reading “Tuesday’s Memes – Willie Nelson”
Another Friday of new releases. Not the best day for releases. There are not a bunch and not a bunch I am interested in either. Which is probably good as I am driving back from vacation today with my family and they won’t want to listen to anything I want anyway (unless they fall asleep and then I can play what I want). My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or if there is anything I missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- The Parlor Mob – Dark Hour – (Britannia Row Recordings): A hard rock band out of New Jersey that formed around 2004. It is modern hard rock and I have to admit I liked their first two albums so after a long break, the band is back after 8 years since the last full length album (3 years since an E.P.). I am interested to hear what they have to offer now after such a long break. I haven’t listened to anything yet so not sure what to expect, but if it is anything like ‘Dog’, I am in.
- King Gizzard & Lizard Wizard – Infest the Rats’ Nest – (Flightless Records): First up in my car this week will be the new one from this Experimental, Psychedelic Rock band who puts out more music than anyone. Hell a year or so ago they put out 5 albums in one year!! Who does that?? Always worth a spin so this one will get one first thing.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 16th”
Summer is coming to end, but the heat is not. One week (and a day) until Kiss End of the Road Tour and hopefully something here will hold me over until then. Sadly, there isn’t much for my liking here this week. There are a few I will give a listen, but nothing I am buying or overly crazy about. Hopefully there is something for you this week. If so, let me know what it is and let me know if I missed something so I can check it out. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Skillet – Victorious – (Atlantic Records): Skillet is bringing us their 10th album and there sound has changed over the years from being heavily grunged influenced to an industrial rock sound to now a more hard rock sound. The songs now are anthems that come at you with force and usually a powerful message. They are a a Christian rock band who have crossed-over and are now delivering the message to people that don’t know they are getting something positive along with their rock. Great stuff.
- Tenth Avenue North – No Shame – (Provident Label Group): Another Christian band, but more on the lighter side with being pop melodies and great vocals. If you need something positive, but don’t want the heavy, this is for you. For those days I need a pick me-up, these guys can deliver.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 2nd”
July is almost over, but it isn’t going out before giving us one more week of new releases and there a quite a few, but only a few that I am really eager to hear and those that I will listen to when I have time. My choices will be marked in Blue. Tell me what you are looking forward to hearing or what I might have missed as it is known to happen. I hope there is something for your listening pleasure. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- Matt Nathanson – Postcards (from Chicago) E.P. – (Acrobat Records): Well if you follow this site, then you know this is a no-brainer for me. I have already ordered the 10″ Orange vinyl and not sure when I will get it, but the digital download was ready for me first thing this morning. Matt, and at times friends, are doing a 6 song E.P. of cover songs and the list is quite diverse from Chance the Rapper to Richard Marx to Cheap Trick. Last year or so he did another that was a complete Def Leppard covers E.P. which was Fan’freaking’tastic. So high hopes for this one.
- Soundgarden – Live at the Artists Den – (UMe): Soundgarden is releasing a live show from their 2013 Tour and it will be a full 29 song set and will remind us how great Chris Cornell was as a singer and a frontman. It will be available on Blue Ray, CD, LP and digital. Get the deluxe set to have it all.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 26th”
Welcome to a very busy Friday of releases. There are a bunch of releases I am interested in getting, but only one I am buying as that one is so expensive, I can’t afford anything else. As Summer keeps getting hotter, so does the new music. My choices are highlighted in Blue. What are you interested in getting? Let me know what you want and what I missed and most of all…enjoy all the music. Have a great weekend.
- Def Leppard – Box Set Volume Two – (Mercury): Finally!!! Volume Two is upon us. Volume One was so awesome, now Def Leppard bring us the next set with the albums Adrenalize, Retroactive, Slang and Euphoria all on vinyl (or CD is you want). I don’t have any of these on vinyl so this is an absolute MUST!!! You also get 4 Vinyl full of Bonus tracks, rarities and live songs that is right…FOUR!!!. What is extra cool about this is that a friend of mine was asked for songs from his collection to go on this set and there of 7 songs of his (live shows, I believe) that are on here and he is credited!! Way to go Mike Ladano!!!
- Collective Soul – Blood – (Fuzze Flex Records): I am excited about this one as well. Collective Soul bring us album #10!! I am glad they are still going strong and they keep getting better along with it. I haven’t heard anything off this one yet as I want to take it all in at once. These Georgia boys don’t usually disappoint so it should be great.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 21st”
Happy Friday!! Welcome to the weekend. There are a ton of releases this week, sadly though, not much for me. There is one I will listen to and I am excited about and another that I will listen to celebrate their 50 years together. The rest, hopefully you will be digging those! My choices are highlighted in Blue as usual. Let me know what you are interested in hearing and what I might have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Caleb Johnson & the Ramblin’ Saints – Born From the Southern Ground – (Big Johnson Records): Caleb has such an amazing voices and for me, one of the best voices to come out of American Idol. His debut I thought was great and from what I have heard off this one, this release will be fantastic as well. Give him a try if you haven’t, you won’t be disappointed.
- ZZ Top – Goin’ 50 – (Warner Bros) – (Deluxe 3CD out August 16th): Can you believe they have been going for 50 years? No, I can’t either. This is a celebration of their career and a career worth celebrating. It looks like these are remastered 2019 versions so that should be great to hear!! Digital and Single Disc CD is today!! 3 Disc Set and Vinyl is August 16th in case you want the mack daddy version.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 14th”