As were are starting to get closer the Holidays, the new releases become fewer and fewer. There might be one more big week, sadly this is not one of them. I barely have enough to fill the 6 panels of pictures above. My choices are limited so I apologize, but maybe there is something for you. We have Country, R&B, Emo, Classic Rock, 50’s Rock and Pop…that’s it…one for each. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is something I missed that you want to mention. Thanks for stopping by and have a Great Weekend!!
- Lady Antebellum – Ocean – (Big Machine): I diss Country a lot, but there a few artists/groups I like and this is one of them. They are band my wife and I enjoy together and I love when we have someone we both like. They have been around awhile and usually they deliver and I expect nothing less this time. It is usually a softer side of Country, but man these guys/gals can sing.
- Prince – 1999 (Super Deluxe Edition) – (Warner Records): Prince’s estate is emptying the vaults at an alarmingly fast rate and now 1999 is getting the Super Deluxe Edition. The album was unbelievable the way it was, but having all this bonus material is going to be a blast going through. I could spend a lot of time with this one.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 15th”
Happy Friday and yes, the weekend is upon us!! Thankfully we have some new tuneage to get us through the weekend. There are a lot of releases today and hopefully you will find something to make this weekend a rocking good time. I have quite a few I am excited to hear, however, not running out to buy anything yet until I hear them first (Thank goodness for streaming as it saves me money sometimes). My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or even what I might have missed as it has been known to happen. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Work of Arts – Exhibit – (Frontiers Records): Thanks to Melodicrock.com, I came across this band. If you know the Jeff Scott Soto band W.E.T., the “W” is for Work of Art member Robert Sall who is in W.E.T. This band is an awesome piece if melodic rock in the same vein as maybe Toto and Journey and other bands of that ilk. Give it a try as I think you will like it.
- Pretty Maids – Undress Your Madness – (Frontiers Records): In what might be their 16th album (so many I have lost track), this hard rock band out of Denmark always deliver solid work and I am interested to hear what they have brought the table this time around. They rarely disappoint.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 8th”
Here we are the 1st day of November and do we have a lot to be “Thankful” for this week with the new releases? Depends on your taste. There are some juicy ones this week for me, but nothing I am going to run and buy…however, streaming will do nicely here. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are digging this week and if I missed anything. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.
- Miranda Lambert – Wildcard – (Vanner Records/Sony): I don’t like Country music that much, but I like Miranda. She’s fiesty, she’s firey and she’s kinda hot!! She is someone my whole family likes and we enjoy listening to her in the car as a whole. And I am just glad my kids don’t have me on video sining “Little Red Wagon” from her earlier work…it is quite embarrassing as I add my own flair to that song that the kids find quite funny. But that ain’t this album. I haven’t heard anything yet, but have heard good things so I will check it out.
- Hootie & the Blowfish – Imperfect Circle – (Capitol Records): After 14 years, Hootie & the Blowfish are BACK!! Darius Rucker is taking a break from his very successful Country career to reignite the Hootie light. And kids from the 90’s rejoice!! Their blend of Pop Rock was a huge hit in the 90’s. Can it translate into something cool in the 21st Century? We will have to see.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 1st”
We are to the final week of October and Halloween is right around the corner. I don’t see any scary releases this week except maybe Lea Michele’s Christmas album…that one looks truly frightening and I will stay as far away as I possibly can from that one. Me, i plan on scaring up a couple for sure and maybe give two others a try. They are marked in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. I hope you find something and have a great weekend!
- Airbourne – Boneshaker – (Spinefarm Records): The boys from down under are back with another earth shattering, bone rattling rocker. I have this one on order and the vinyl should be there when I get home. I have everything else they have done on vinyl so why not this one. If you like AC/DC, you will like this. They are loud, aggressive and fantastic. Turn it up and let them blow your ears right off.
- James Blunt – Once Upon a Mind – (Atlantic Records): And if you want something a little more in the pop arena you won’t find anything better than James Blunt. His unique voice, great story telling and song writing are always entertaining and worth quite a few spins. Plus, the man is hilarious. I saw him live and his self-deprecating humor really made me a fan. HIs last album, ‘The Afterlove’ was amazing and so I have high expectations for this, his 6th album.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 25th”
Another great Friday of releases is upon us. There aren’t a ton this week, but there are some I am eager to get ahold of. Those choices will be highlighted in Blue. This list is mostly rock and metal, but there is one country album and a pop/alternative release as well. Hopefully you will find something you like. I know I have. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- Stone Temple Pilots – Purple (25th Anniversary) – (Rhino Entertainment): I can’t believe it has been 25 years since ‘Purple’ has been released. That is crazy!! This was the album that got me in to STP as I hadn’t jumped on the whole 90’s music bandwagon by the time their debut album came out. I was still strongly entrenched in the 80’s music. But this one had so much guitar and the swagger of Scott Weiland won me over. I can’t wait to get this set with all the bonus material…plus it is on CD and Vinyl!!
- Alter Bridge – Walk the Sky – (Napalm Records): When Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy get together, you know it is going to rock and be amazing and I expect nothing less from this, their 6th album. This is basically Creed with Myles Kennedy on vocals as the rest of the band, Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips as well as Mark are all from Creed. What is still cool is that after 15 years, it is still the same 4 guys. Ok, they are not really Creed I was generalizing, but they are still awesome.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 18th”
Welcome to October and the first Friday of new releases for the month. And what a month this will be. I already have something on order for every Friday of the month so it will be my favorite day of the week. Who are we kidding, it already is my favorite day. Now even more so. There are only 2 releases I really care about this week and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what has your interest peaked this week or if I missed anything. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!
- The Darkness – Easter is Cancelled – (Canary Dwarf LTD): The Darkness returns with their sixth studio album and if you love that whole retro glam rock feel, then this will be right up your alley. No one does Glam today like these guys do. From the ear-piercing falsettos to the screeching guitars, it is all a blast and this should be no different. Check them out.
- Whitesnake – Slip of the Tongue (30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) – (Rhino Records): Whitesnake brings us yet another box set celebrating one of their big albums. This is the 3rd and the 30th Anniversary Edition of ‘Slip of the Tongue’. The other two were ‘Slide it In’ and ‘1987’ and the were fantastic. Full of live songs, rare songs and remixes and remasters and everything you could want and this one is no different. This is on order but it will NOT be home when I get there as for some reason Amazon isn’t giving me release day delivery. I’m a little pissed, but I guess I will get over it. Check out David’s unboxing video below…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 4th”
Welcome to the last Friday of the month and the last of the September new releases. Let me tell you there are a bunch. There seems to be a little for everyone from Metal to Pop to Christian to Country to Jazz to Electronica to Soundtracks. You name it and it is probably here. I have a few I am interested in and will stream, but nothing that I am running out and buying until I have heard it first. Those choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know who you want to hear and what I might have missed as it is known to happen (quite frequently actually). I hope there is something for you. Have a great weekend.
- Hellyeah – Welcome Home – (Eleven Seven Music): The band’s sixth studio album and first since losing founding member and drummer, the great Vinnie Paul. Luckily for us, he is featured on this album so fans need to grab this for that fact alone. For me, the band is hit and miss. They are hard and heavy, no doubt, and sometimes I need it that way. It will get blasted in the car for sure (and at home).
- Steel Panther – Heavy Metal Rules – (Steel Panther): Yet another release by the Steel Panther. Let me tell you they don’t hold back on this one. Their porn rock has kind of grown old for me and I really wish they would do a straight up rock record that isn’t such filth. It was funny at first, now it is old and boring. I will give it at least one listen, but honestly, not expecting much…sorry guys. Seeing them live is where the fun is really at so go check them out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 27th”
Another great Friday with another huge selection of releases. However, the selections aren’t “huge’, if you know what I mean. There a handful I am interested in hearing, but nothing I am running out and buying. Streaming for me on these…unless one is so good it warrants a purchase. I wonder if I have gotten through all the ones from last week (I am writing this two weeks out) but I doubt it. Anyway, my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is anything I missed. Enjoy and have a great weekend!!
- Keane – Cause and Effect – (Island Records): Keane’s debut in 2004, ‘Hopes and Fears’ was fantastic and their second was pretty great as well. As a result, I do enjoy checking out anything they put out. Nothing has lived up to those two releases, but still find a golden nugget in each release and they hope is the same on this one. “Is It Any Wonder” why I would keep trying? Not really. Great English Pop.
- Slash with Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators – Living the Dream Tour (Live) – (Snakepit Records): Let’s see…Slash √…Myles Kennedy √…both of them together √…and Live √…I don’t think I need any other reasons to “check” this out do I.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 20th”
Summer is over and School is back in session, now we need some new music. Who am I kidding, I don’t need a reason to want new music. Every week is a good week for that. However, this week is a little limited on the releases. There are quite a few, but not a lot to excite my senses. There are a few I will check out and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Black Star Riders – Another State of Grace – (Nuclear Blast): Black Star Riders are back with their fourth studio release and I am eager to hear what is in store as well as a little apprehensive since Damon Johnson is no longer in the band. He was a big draw. I will keep an open mind and give it a try as Ricky is still on vocals and Scott is still there as well, but I hate they are only down to 2 of the 5 original members.
- Lindsey Stirling – Artemis – (LindseyStomp Records/BMG): This young lady plays one mean violin. I find her to be sensational and always entertaining and I don’t expect this to be any different. A couple vocal tracks on this one as well with guest Amy Lee and Elle King which should be incredible, but the highlight is always her playing. If you haven’t checked her out, do yourself a service and do so.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 6th”
We are at the end of August and are getting ready for some huge releases that will be coming in September and October. This week has a ton of releases, but none I am eager to run out and get although one everyone is talking about (but me – well I am talking about it, but I don’t really care). My choices are limited and highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing or if I missed anything as that is known to happen…frequently. Have a great week.
- Sons of Apollo – Live With the Plovdiv Psychotic Symphony – (Inside Out Music). Sons of Apollo are releasing a huge live album/DVD and I expect it will be awesome. How could it not with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals, Mike Portnoy on Drums, Billy Sheehan on Bass, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal on guitar and Derek Sherinian on keyboards. Their debut was spectacular and this will be nothing short of that. This will get played a lot!!
- Tool – Fear Inoculum – (Tool Dissectional/Voyage): Here is the album everyone is talking about. It has been 13 years since their last album and I am not sure if anyone thought they would do another album. This is going to be huge in the world of music. So why do I not care one bit. I have never found them to be anything special so maybe I am missing something. I will listen to see if this finally grabs me, but I am not expecting much as I liked nothing prior. Can someone please tell me why they are so liked…seriously, let me know.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 30th”