Okay, sit back and get ready for a ton of new music today. There are an abundance of albums to choose from today so hopefully there is something for you. My tastes this week are all over the board from Rock to Country to Christian Pop to Alternative to Tony Bennett (he is a category all his own). My choices are in Blue. Let me know what does or doesn’t interest you and let me know what I missed. Happy listening and have a great weekend.
- Monster Truck – True Rockers – (Mascot Records): The band’s last album ‘Sittin’ Heavy’ was amazing and really got me into this band. The first song I heard on this one didn’t excite me, but this will probably be the first one I listen to this morning. Hopefully the rest of it packs a punch and gives me more of what I love from the band which is gritty and dirty straight up rock & roll.
- Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty – (Universal Music Group): Don’t judge me, I like Carrie Underwood. She is a guilty pleasure and I am not afraid to admit it. She has an incredible voice and her rendition of “How Great Thou Art” will move you to tears. Anyway, I am looking forward to another release by her so keep them coming Carrie.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 14th”
Lit, the Pop punk, power pop, California rock band is back after five years with a new album and a very different sound. They went from California Rock to California Country and why I have no idea. They have always been a rock band; although that sound has changed a little over the years as they have grown as writers and musicians, they were still rock at heart.
Now I will admit, if you listen to their lyrics on their old albums, they could be Country songs as the word-play they do in the songs is similar to what you hear in Country music, only better because it was rock & roll. Their music always made me feel good like I should be partying out on the beach with music blaring and a surf board in my hand (I have never surfed, but I wanted to if there were no sharks and no one watching to laugh).
Continue reading “Lit – These Are the Days – Album Review”
It is the first Friday of September and there is a long list of releases. Everyone starts putting out their new albums in the Fall and there are some big ones coming, but let us focus on today. The ones I am looking forward to are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to listen to and which ones I might have missed on the list. Thanks and have a great music weekend!!
- Alter Bridge – Live a the Royal Albert Hall (feat. the Parallax Orchestra) – (Napalm Records): I am surprised by another live record after last year’s release. That is ok. There are some different songs in the set list and a little orchestra along with it. I will give it a listen and then decide on buying.
- Lenny Kravitz – Raise Vibration – (Roxie Records): I have always loved Lenny so this is a no brainer to stream. His last few have been so-so so again I will stream it before I buy it. Just so you know, I don’t always do that as I do have 4 or 5 albums on pre-order without hearing a lick. Only a few bands get that special treatment.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 7th”
The last Friday of August and we go out with a little bang. Not a huge bang. September is going to be huge so get ready for the ton of new releases coming your way. There are a handful I am interested in this week and those will be highlighted in Blue as usual. Let me know what you want to hear or you are going to get. Leave me a comment because I always miss some good releases. I hope you have a great weekend and Happy Listening!!!
- The Veer Union – Decade II: Rock & Acoustic – (Rock Shop Entertainment): This is a greatest hits package with a heavy side and a softer, acoustic side. I have enjoyed Crispin Earl’s vocals (and only original member) so I will give this one spin. I was hoping for new music, but this will do for now. I will admit, I do like the cover of “Numb” by Linkin Park. That might be worth it all by itself.
- Alice Cooper – A Paranormal Evening at the Olympia Paris (Live) – (earMusic): I am hoping to see Alice here in Charlotte in October and this will be a great way to prep for his live show. Alice’s last studio album ‘Paranormal” was absolutely FANTASTIC!! His band is also awesome and live, it is one helluva a show. Can’t wait!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 31st”
I don’t get to enough Live shows each year. I wish I could get to more, but when I do get to attend it is always worth the time and money. Seeing your favorite band is always the best thing ever. There is nothing like hearing your favorite songs live as they are always a little different than the studio album and a good band can make them even better. Thankfully Needtobreathe is a good band…hell…they are a great band.
If you follow my site, you know Def Leppard and Kiss are two of my favorites. Needtobreathe is right up there with them for me. I have every album on vinyl and I have now seen them live 3 times (which isn’t a lot, but I don’t usually see too many bands more than once).
Let’s get to the adventure of the show. My wife decided she would attend the show with me this time as my daughter doesn’t really know the band and she had no interest. My wife knows they are one of my favorite bands so she thought it would be a fun night and a good chance for us to have a date night…no kids!!! She even made a playlist on her phone so she could familiarize herself with the band.
I get home from work that night and I can see something is off with my wife when I get home. I asked her if she was okay and she lied and told me she was fine, but I knew something was off. I gave her the opportunity to back out and that I would either go alone or drag my oldest daughter. My wife toughed it out and went as she didn’t want to disappoint me. It turns out she felt she was getting a kidney stone and if you have had one you know how painful that is. I will let you know by the end of the night she was feeling fine and even started enjoying herself.
Continue reading “Needtobreathe – Concert Review – (August 21st, 2018 Charlotte, NC)”
Happy Friday! or is it?? There is nothing that is tickling my fancy this week. Well maybe, the Yo Yo Ma, but that is really it. Hopefully there is something for you. Since there is nothing for me, I will leave you with at least videos for all of these so you can if it is something you like. Hopefully next week offers more. Let me know what interests you, if any, and let me know what I missed because maybe it will be something I like.
Have a great weekend!!
- Doro – Forever Warriors/Forever United – (Nuclear Blast)
- Ariana Grande – Sweetener – (Republic Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 17th”
As we get further into August things keep getting better. One more really, really busy week ahead at work and hopefully things can relax a little. To help me get over the stress, there are a handful of releases I am going to check out and maybe you will as well. I have highlighted my choices in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in and if I missed anything interesting (which J. will tell you I usually do!!)
- Rhett Walker Band – Rhett Walker Band EP – (Provident Label Group) – I really dig Rhett’s music. It is Christian rock with a little southern rock and blues thrown in. A great combination. Always powerful and thought provoking at times and all around a joy to listen to when you drop the needle (or push play on your phone…either way works). My only sadness is that it is an EP and not a full length album…hopefully soon.
- Jason Mraz – Know – (Atlantic Recordings): Jason Mraz finally releases a new album after 4 years…it seems much longer. The Mr. A to Z wordsmith has a way of writing that is unmatched. He can go pop, reggae, hip hop and anywhere he wants and it is always fun to follow along. High hopes for the new stuff as always.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 10th”
Finally! A week with a few releases I am actually interested in. There is still not a ton of releases, but hopefully something you like. My choices are highlighted in Blue. At work, I am in the middle of budget season and my time is limited, but I will find time for a few of these selections. Let me know what I missed and what you are interested in listening to this week. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Dee Snider – For the Love of Metal – (Napalm Records): Dee Snider’s last release, We Are the Ones, was exceptional. This one is supposed to be harder and better so we will be popping it on first on the way to work. Let’s hope another great album has been made. If the below song is any indication, it will be.
- Halestorm – Vicious – (Atlantic Record): Lzzy Hale and the boys are back in full force. It feels like it has been ages since new music, but it has only been 3 years since the last album and a little over a year since the last E.P., but that is too long for me. When this band turns it up, watch out, they will blow your ears off and this sounds like it will do just that.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 27th”
Are things heating up where you live? They are here. Damn it has been hot! Sadly, the music this week is not really…hot. There is not a whole heckuva lot screaming at me, but I am sure I will get to some of it eventually. Maybe a good time to play catchup on releases from earlier in the year that I missed. I do have one I want and it is highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or what I missed on the list.
- Needtobreathe – Forever on your Side: Niles City Sound Sessions – (Atlantic): A four song E.P. from Needtobreathe is always welcome. Anything new from these guys is welcome. One of my favorite bands and this one is music created from their time spent at Niles City. Here is what they say about it…”Forever On Your Side (Niles City Sound Sessions) was recorded with the producer trio Niles City Sound (Leon Bridges) out of their studio in Ft. Worth, TX. The 4-track collection of songs and collaboration represents a creative leap for the band, who usually self-records and produces out of their home studio, Plantation Studios, in Summerville, SC.” I have the 10″ Pink Vinyl on order and sadly won’t arrive until the end of September so for now I will stream or grab the CD. Oh yeah, my wife and I have a date night to see Needtobreathe in August. Yes…I am a fan.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 13th”
The Wild Feathers are back with their new album called ‘Greetings From the Neon Frontier’. It is the band’s third studio album and it is a band that has quickly become a favorite of mine. So my review might be slightly tainted as they can do no wrong in my book.
Who are the Wild Feathers you might ask. The Wild Feathers are a four-piece band consisting of the following players…
- Taylor Burns – Guitar/Vocals
- Ricky Young – Guitar/Vocals
- Joel King – Bass/Vocals
- Ben Dumas – Drums
On the previous album, ‘Lonely is a Lifetime’, I felt the band had a softer classic rock feel to it and it felt like you should be partaking of a little doobage while enjoying the album. This time around the Nashville-based group is leaning more to their country roots while still keeping a little classic rock sound. Partaking in doobage is something you have to decide if you want to do or not (“DayBreaker” might help you decide).
Continue reading “The Wild Feathers – ‘Greetings From the Neon Frontier’ – Album Review”