In my quest for collecting Kiss Bootlegs for every tour they have done, I found another fantastic addition to the collection. My local record shop, Hardy Boy Records, has been a goldmine of late for Bootlegs. I have now bought four over the last few months and all for tours I didn’t have (or a collection of Wicked Lester demos – that is another story that will be told later).
The last 2 I bought were actually at the same tour, so I guess that statement wasn’t entirely true. The difference was one was the European Tour setlist (which will come in the next week or two) and this one is the North American leg of that tour with an ever so slightly different setlist.
Before we get in to where the show was and the music, lets first discus the cover as it is pretty cool and what drew me to this one in the first place. The cover is the same artwork as the Judas Priest album ‘Hero Hero’. Thanks to Mike Ladano for pointing that out to me when I sent him a picture of the album and sure enough, he was right.
Continue reading “Kiss – ‘Barbarize’ (Bootleg Series) – Album Review”
2018 was another year with some great releases and way too many to get through them all so I am sure I missed a number of great albums and if you look around the web, there will be tons of Top Album lists you can get a pretty good idea of what you should check out in case you missed any of these.
This list will be my favorite “Rock” albums of the year. All other types of music will be for a later post. I am going to leave this one to my favorite genre. It is a broad genre, but these are the albums that I consider to be ROCK!!
Also note, these are MY FAVORITES!! These are not the most popular or trendy albums. These are the albums that I connected with during the year and I kept coming back to again and again. And without further adieu, here are the Top Rock Albums of 2018:
My #1 Album of the Year:
Reach – The Great Divine: A modern, yet melodic rock album that just grabs hold and won’t let go from beginning to end. A band I had never heard of prior to this album and I am now wondering where they have been my whole life. Just a fantastic album with no songs to skip or delete. Almost pure perfection. The first album I bought that was new in 2018 and still listen to it today. With songs like “The Great Divine”, “Nightmare” and “Into Tomorrow” you can see they have the goods. The production value was great, the music, the vocals, it was all solid and my favorite album of the year!! Give it a try (and check out my original review by clicking the album title).
Continue reading “The Top Rock Albums of 2018”
With a new album out, it is time to show some love for Judas Priest. I am glad to see these guys still rocking it and putting out some great songs. I guess you are never too old to rock. Get ready to celebrate all things Judas Priest…enjoy!!
Continue reading “Tuesday’s Memes – Judas Priest”
Finally a Friday with an abundance of new releases. There are so many I am interested in that this could take awhile. I hope to get to them all sooner or later. I think there is a little something for everyone today. The ones that are striking my fancy are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to getting or if I am missing something added to the comments. Have a great listening weekend.
- Myles Kennedy – Year of the Tiger – (Napalm Records): Whether with Alter Bridge, Slash or just by himself, there is no getting by the immense talent that is Myles Kennedy. He can definitely sing, but his guitar playing is just as sensational. Looking forward to the focus being all about him. I have purposely not listened to anything off this album yet so I can enjoy it all at one time.
- Judas Priest – Firepower – (Sony Music): Judas Priest is back with a brand new album. Enough said…Mic drop!!!
- Thirdstory – Cold Heart – (Verve Label Group): After waiting for two years, we finally get the full length album they have been promising. My daughter and I saw them open for Tori Kelly two years ago and we bot really enjoyed their harmonies and just the power of their voices. Three guys doing amazing things singing together. We are going to see them again in April when they headline a little club here in Charlotte.
- Calum Scott – Only Human – (Capitol Records): This former Britain’s Got Talent contestant from 2015 finally gets his debut album. After the release of his cover of “Dancing On My Own”, I was completely blown away by his vocals. Can’t wait to enjoy this one.
- Three Days Grace – Outsider – (RCA Records): I have had two heavy and two soft albums and now back to heavy with Three Days Grace. I followed them since their debut in 2003 with the song “I Hate Everything About You”. They have given me consistently good albums and I expect nothing less from this hard rock band out of Canada.
- Jimi Hendrix – Both Sides of the Sky – (Experience Hendrix LLC): Jimi Hendrix…worth giving a listen solely for that matter. This is the third and final in a series of unreleased tracks and surprised their have been so many and why did it take so long for them to come out.
- The Fratellis – In Your Own Sweet Time – (Cooking Vinyl): (MOVED TO MARCH 16) And there is still one more I want to hear and that is the Fratellis. When I heard their album Costello Music, I adored their sound and the whole vibe. As a result, I have been absorbing all their albums and this one will be no different.
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats – Tearing at the Seams – (Bottleneck Music)
- The Neighbourhood – The Neighbourhood – (Columbia Records)
- Suicidal Tendencies – Get Your Fight On! – (Suicidal Records)
- Ministry – AmeriKKKant – (Nuclear Blast)
- Nightwish – Decades – (Nuclear Blast Records)
- David Byrne – American Utopia – (Todomundo LTD)
2018 is upon us and always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2018, but no dates announced yet. The ones I want will be highlighted in Blue.
- Stone Temple Pilots (I know this is coming as they have said)
- Jack White – Boarding the House Reach
- Vance Joy
- The 1975 – Music for Cars
- Ace Frehley
- Arctic Monkeys
- Avril Lavigne
- Bon Jovi
- Bring Me the Horizon
- Bullet for My Valentine
- Celine Dion
- Charli XCX
- Cowboy Junkies
- Echosmith – Inside a Dream
Continue reading “What to Expect for New Music in 2018!”
The year is already flying by as we are now in February in what seems like a blink of the eye. I am still getting through all of last week’s releases so luckily there are only 2 I find intriguing this week. They are highlighted in Blue.
- Black Star Riders – Heavy Fire – (Nuclear Blast): Black Star Riders returns with their third album. The band is basically Thin Lizzy but they are not using the name. Not sure why, but regardless, I love the new material. The first two albums were great and I feel they are just getting warmed up. High hopes for the new release.
- Judas Priest – Turbo (30th Anniversary 3CD set) – (Sony Legacy): Wow! 30 years since the release of Turbo. I am looking forward to revisiting this classic Judas Priest album and eager to hear what special they might have added to this addition. Here is the original video to “Turbo Lover” and the video was awful…sorry.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 3rd”