Last week did not have a bunch of releases and this week isn’t that much better, but there are at least more than last week. And there are a few I am actually interested in giving a spin. Those will be highlighted in Blue. There are a lot of Metal releases for those that like it a little bit harder than the rest. Hopefully there is something that will interest everyone. Let me know what you like or what I might have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Switchfoot – Native Tongue – (Fantasy Records): The Christian/Alternative band is back with their 11th Studio album. I came across the band back in 2003 with their 4th album ‘The Beautiful Letdown” and have been a fan since. They can be pop, rock and sometimes even a beachy California Surf feel, but they are always consistent and the songs have a great message or story. I love Jon Foreman’s voice and I usually find very little wrong with their music. Give them a try.
- Papa Roach – Who Do You Trust? – (Eleven Seven Records): After less than 2 years since their last release, ‘Crooked Teeth’, Papa Roach are storming back on the scene. I like it when bands don’t wait the obligatory 2-3 years for new music. The last one was great so hoping for more of the same.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 18th”
2019 is upon us and it is always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2019, but no dates announced yet. The ones I would give a try (and my kids) will be highlighted in Blue. The ones with Dates Announced are at the bottom of this post. The list is building up nicely!!
- Billy Eilish
- The Defiants
- Greta Van Fleet – (rumor already for new music)
- Hootie & the Blowfish (new tour has been announced)
- Michael Sweet
- Miley Cyrus
- The Raconteurs
- Rob Zombie
- The Cranberries
- Taylor Swift
- Tesla – Shock (Produced by Phil Collen of Def Leppard)
- Tori Kelly
- Whitesnake – Flesh & Blood (should be March)
Continue reading “What to Expect for New Music in 2019?”
Welcome to the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2017. These songs are my favorite songs of the year and were not necessarily played on the radio or even shot up the charts. They just moved me in some way good or bad!
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2017 or the Top Albums of 2017 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
It is time to start the list so here we go…
#20 – “Make It Move” by Jonny Lang off the album ‘Signs’: The loud stomping sound that opens the song and throughout feels like a train barreling down on you. The opening track to the album starts it all off with a bang. The song also delivers a great message that you need to make the move and not wait on something to happen.
Continue reading “Top Rock Songs of 2017”
2017 has been a fabulous year in music, but mostly for all the Anniversary Editions of some of my favorite albums from Def Leppard, Whitesnake and Stone Temple Pilots. However, there were some stellar Rock albums this year as well.
This list will be my favorite “Rock” albums of the year. All other types of music will be for a later post. I am going to leave this one to my favorite genre. It is a broad genre, but these are the albums that I consider to be ROCK!!
Also note, these are MY FAVORITES!! These are not the most popular or trendy albums. These are the albums that I connected with during the year and kept coming back to again and again. And without further adieu, here are the Top Rock Albums of 2017:
My #1 Album of the Year:
Jonny Lang – ‘Signs’: This album is straight-up Blues Rock and was one of two albums I can’t stop listening to this year. With songs like “Make It Move” and “Wisdom” how could I vote for any other album as #1. If that isn’t enough, Jonny’s guitar playing is sensational and his vocals are filled with so much emotion you are attached to these songs. Here is what I said in my review…He has brought a rawness back to his music that brings a more authentic blues sound and brings a lot of emotion. There is no reason you should skip out on listening to this album. (Click at the top to see the review).
Continue reading “The Top Rock Albums of 2017”
‘Crooked Teeth’ is Papa Roach’s ninth studio album and with it they show no signs of slowing down. The band sounds incredible and delivers another solid release. Where bands like Linkin Park have completely changed their style, Papa Roach hasn’t changed their sound too dramatically. And why should they as they do it so well.
Papa Roach still brings the rap in their songs, however, the album is more melodic and has a very modern rock sound. With any rock album, it sounds best cranked up as loud as you can take it. Like they did with their last album, ‘F.E.A.R.’, they have also added a couple of collaborations with some spectacular guests including Skylar Grey and Machine Gun Kelly.
The album opens with “Break the Fall” and gives you the rap lyrics you would expect and then cranks up the metal with the classic Papa Roach sound. The album comes out of the gate swinging and doesn’t let up with the title track, “Crooked Teeth”. The first single off the album is a scorcher that attacks you from all sides with the pounding drums and screaming vocals and powerful guitars. You see that even after 24 years, the band has not lost a step.
Continue reading “Papa Roach – ‘Crooked Teeth’ – Album Review”
Another Friday has arrived and as school starts to wind down for some and Summer is coming, there are a bunch of new albums for you to choose from. Anything strike your fancy??? There are a few for me and they are highlighted in Blue. There are more I want to hear, but these three are the ones I will attack first. Enjoy!
- Linkin Park – One More Light – (Warner Bros): Their new song “Heavy” is doing well on the charts and features Kilara. My kids love this song and it doesn’t sound like the Linkin Park of old. I am interested in seeing what the rest has to offer. I haven’t been thrilled with their current releases and hoping for some return to greatness with this one.
- Papa Roach – Crooked Teeth – (Eleven Seven Music): Big fan of Papa Roach and so glad they are back with some more hard rock. The Deluxe Edition of this gives you a live concert from The Fillmore in Detroit. That means the Deluxe is a must grab for me.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 19th”
2017 is upon us and always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2017, but no dates announced yet. The ones I want will be highlighted in Blue.
- Adelitas Way
- Adrenaline Mob
- Arcade Fire
- Avril Lavigne
- Bad Religion
- Callum Scott
- Charli XCX
- Christina Aguilera
- Coldplay – ‘Kaleidoscope’
- Dark Horse
- Demon Hunter – ‘Outlive’
Continue reading “What to Expect in 2017 for New Music??”