Last week did not have a bunch of releases and this week isn’t that much better, but there are at least more than last week. And there are a few I am actually interested in giving a spin. Those will be highlighted in Blue. There are a lot of Metal releases for those that like it a little bit harder than the rest. Hopefully there is something that will interest everyone. Let me know what you like or what I might have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Switchfoot – Native Tongue – (Fantasy Records): The Christian/Alternative band is back with their 11th Studio album. I came across the band back in 2003 with their 4th album ‘The Beautiful Letdown” and have been a fan since. They can be pop, rock and sometimes even a beachy California Surf feel, but they are always consistent and the songs have a great message or story. I love Jon Foreman’s voice and I usually find very little wrong with their music. Give them a try.
- Papa Roach – Who Do You Trust? – (Eleven Seven Records): After less than 2 years since their last release, ‘Crooked Teeth’, Papa Roach are storming back on the scene. I like it when bands don’t wait the obligatory 2-3 years for new music. The last one was great so hoping for more of the same.
- Guster – Look Alive – (Ocho Mule Records): Guster is an alternative band that at times can be quite quirky which is actually what I love about them. Can you hear one song from a band and immediately become a fan? Yes, it happened to me with “Do You Love Me?” from a few years back and now they get a listen with every release in hopes of capturing that magic again.
And there are a couple more I will try and get to when I can…
- Joe Jackson – Fool – (EarMusic)
- Thunder – Please Remain Seated (Re-recorded) – (BMG Music)
And the rest…
- John Lennon – Imagine: John Lennon 75th Birthday Concert (Live) -(Blackbird Production)
- Dust Bolt – Trapped in Chaos – (Napalm Records)
- Flotsam and Jetsam – The End of Chaos – (AFM Records)
- Arch Enemy – Covered in Blood – (Savage Messiah Music/Century Media Recordings)
- Deerhunter – Why Hasn’t Everything Already Disappeared? – (4AD)
- James Blake – Assume Form – (Polydor Records)
- Future – Future Hndrxx Presents: The Wizrd – (Epic Records)
- Ronnie Milsap – The Duets – (G-Force Music)