Welcome to the last Friday of the month and the last of the September new releases. Let me tell you there are a bunch. There seems to be a little for everyone from Metal to Pop to Christian to Country to Jazz to Electronica to Soundtracks. You name it and it is probably here. I have a few I am interested in and will stream, but nothing that I am running out and buying until I have heard it first. Those choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know who you want to hear and what I might have missed as it is known to happen (quite frequently actually). I hope there is something for you. Have a great weekend.
- Hellyeah – Welcome Home – (Eleven Seven Music): The band’s sixth studio album and first since losing founding member and drummer, the great Vinnie Paul. Luckily for us, he is featured on this album so fans need to grab this for that fact alone. For me, the band is hit and miss. They are hard and heavy, no doubt, and sometimes I need it that way. It will get blasted in the car for sure (and at home).
- Steel Panther – Heavy Metal Rules – (Steel Panther): Yet another release by the Steel Panther. Let me tell you they don’t hold back on this one. Their porn rock has kind of grown old for me and I really wish they would do a straight up rock record that isn’t such filth. It was funny at first, now it is old and boring. I will give it at least one listen, but honestly, not expecting much…sorry guys. Seeing them live is where the fun is really at so go check them out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 27th”
Last week did not have a bunch of releases and this week isn’t that much better, but there are at least more than last week. And there are a few I am actually interested in giving a spin. Those will be highlighted in Blue. There are a lot of Metal releases for those that like it a little bit harder than the rest. Hopefully there is something that will interest everyone. Let me know what you like or what I might have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Switchfoot – Native Tongue – (Fantasy Records): The Christian/Alternative band is back with their 11th Studio album. I came across the band back in 2003 with their 4th album ‘The Beautiful Letdown” and have been a fan since. They can be pop, rock and sometimes even a beachy California Surf feel, but they are always consistent and the songs have a great message or story. I love Jon Foreman’s voice and I usually find very little wrong with their music. Give them a try.
- Papa Roach – Who Do You Trust? – (Eleven Seven Records): After less than 2 years since their last release, ‘Crooked Teeth’, Papa Roach are storming back on the scene. I like it when bands don’t wait the obligatory 2-3 years for new music. The last one was great so hoping for more of the same.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 18th”
Rock fans rejoice!! There are an abundance of rock records out today. There are a variety of other genres as well including a Barry Manilow release, but ROCK is KING today for me. My favorites to listen to are highlighted in Blue. There will be more on the list I am interested in, but will get listened to whenever I have time. I hope there is something here for you! Happy Friday and Happy Listening!!
- Crazy Lixx – Ruff Justice – (Frontiers Records SRL): The Swedish “Hair” Metal band is back with a new line-up after losing their major songwriter, Andy Zata. After hearing the first song, they still sound the same bringing us loud rock & roll. Hoping for more of the same on the rest of the album.
- Thunder – Rip It Up – (Earmusic): English band, Thunder, is bringing us their 11th studio album. They came about in 1990 right when the 80’s rock was dying out and missed out on being a huge band. They have been going strong (off and on) since and I am looking forward to another great release from Danny Bowes and company.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 21st”