I should be arriving home today from vacation in Paris, France so I will be a little late getting to these releases, but there are a bunch I want to at least listen to first before I buy. All my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in or if there is something I might have missed as that happens…a lot!! Enjoy and have a great weekend. I know I will be resting from this trip and I am sure suffering major jet lag.
- Rob Thomas – Chip Tooth Smile – (Atlantic Records): The former Matchbox 20 frontman is finally back with a new solo album after four years. I liked his early stuff and definitely early Matchbox 20. I am hoping he captures a little of that lost magic, but I don’t know yet as I haven’t listened to anything yet, not even the video posted below. I will try it out, he has earned that.
- Rodrigo y Gabriela – Mettavolution – (Rubyworks): This might actually be first up on the playlist. I love these two. Their instrumental, flamenco style music is at times breathtaking. High expectations as I have never been disappointed before. Give them a listen if you have heard them before…it is really cool.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 26th”
It is Friday yet again and there are even more albums out and ready for you to go buy, stream or do with it as you will. Not a lot this week, but one critical one for my kids. The ones I will check out are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something for you.
- Katy Perry – Witness – (Capitol Records): After 4 long years since Prism, Katy is back and better than ever…well…maybe not. She has released 3 singles are ready and I have to say I am not that impressed. I only like the first one “Chain to the Rhythm”, the rest have been kind of awful (especially “Bon Appetit”). And I have to mention how awful the album cover looks to me. Not off to a good start. I will still give it a try though, but expectations are now pretty low.
- Lady Antebellum – Heart Break – (Capitol Nashville): Lady Antebellum is back after three years and the members doing a little stuff on their own. They are pure pop country, but I love Charles Kelley’s voice and Hillary Scott’s as well. Put the two together and wow!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 9th”
I have actually had several people suggest this next song for My Sunday Song. In that case, My Sunday Song #32 is “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)” by Hillsong United. The song was released in 2013 and was the second single from their album ‘Zion’. The song went to #1 and won a Dove award for Song of the Year. At almost 9 minutes, the album version of the song is epic in length. The radio version is a normal length at around 4 minutes.
The song is about Faith and how sometimes you have to take that leap of faith and trust that God will have your back and watch over you. At least that is how I interpret the song.
The song is a worship song and is based off scripture. I found an article by Nate Irvine at Metro Youth Network that goes into the scripture if you are interested. You click on the link and explore that aspect of the song. Here is the scripture.
…the basis for the song is Peter being called out on the water by Jesus in Matthew 14
It is a beautiful song and I am glad people recommended it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have in writing about it for this post. Have a great Sunday and a great week.
Continue reading “My Sunday Song – “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)” by Hillsong United”
I have been waiting for this Friday since I found out Needtobreathe was releasing a new album. That pretty much means I don’t give a rat’s ass about anything else coming out today. There are some I will check out after several days of listening to ‘Hard Love’. Those will be highlighted in Blue.
- Needtobreathe – Hard Love – (Atlantic): Nothing else matters. This is the release to check out. They have been one of my favorite, if not my favorite, band over the last decade. “Happiness” is classic Needtobreathe so I have high expectations this release.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 15th”