Last Saturday, I gave you a post of totally useless information with all the albums I listened to in 2021, so let’s do it again this Saturday. We are going to look back at what happened in 2021…no not in the world of music. But in the world of 2 Loud 2 Old Music, the website!! I know this is important stuff, I get how excited you must be so stop the YAWNING!!!
We had a another record year here at the site. We finally broke 1,000 followers and are now sitting at around 1,022. A small milestone for the site. It only took 5 years to get there. If that was enough we broke a record of views this year with over 272,000 views which is a 36% increase over the prior year. Next year, we are hoping to finally pass 300,000 views. See, real exciting stuff.
During the year we worked on a lot of Review Series. We finished the Kiss Review Series which had around 74 separate posts and took over 13 months to complete. We also started and finished the Judas Priest Series and the Queen Series which were both a lot of fun. We have started and are a good way through the Cheap Trick Collection Series and the Aerosmith Collection Series as I love doing these Series so I hope you do as well. It lets me go back and deep dive in to their albums and it also gives me a reason to go out and buy more albums. For 2022, we have the Jeff Scott Soto Series and I will go ahead and tell you when the Aerosmith Series ends, we will be jumping right in to the Scorpions Collection Series. A lot to look forward to next year!
What were to Top 10 Posts of the Year?
Continue reading “2021 – A Year in Review at 2 Loud 2 Old Music – The Top 10 Posts of the Year!!”
2018 was a tough year at times and the best year at times, it all depends on my perspective when looking back at it I guess. For my blog, we had a banner year with a vast improvement over the prior year. It is hard to believe that people continue to come back to the site to read what I have to say. It is rather humbling and much appreciated. I don’t make any money on this, it is all for fun so to know people find it and come back motivates me to keep doing it. I never thought I would be able to come up with material, but with over 730 posts so far, I seem to keep finding stuff to write about.
I will keep it to the blog as far as highlights for this past year, except I did turn 50, so that is pretty cool. They say that the first 50 years of childhood are the hardest, and I would agree. It should be smooth sailing from here.
The first highlight, is that I have finally reached 100,000 views on the site since its inception which was about 2 years & 7 1/2 months ago. That is hard to believe. Now, I hope to do 100,000 views in 2019 alone. That is at least my goal.
As far as posts, what were the biggest posts of the year. Here are the Top 5 new posts that were done in 2018:
Continue reading “2018 – A Year in Review and More”
2018 is upon us and always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2018, but no dates announced yet. The ones I want will be highlighted in Blue.
- Stone Temple Pilots (I know this is coming as they have said)
- Jack White – Boarding the House Reach
- Vance Joy
- The 1975 – Music for Cars
- Ace Frehley
- Arctic Monkeys
- Avril Lavigne
- Bon Jovi
- Bring Me the Horizon
- Bullet for My Valentine
- Celine Dion
- Charli XCX
- Cowboy Junkies
- Echosmith – Inside a Dream
Continue reading “What to Expect for New Music in 2018!”
After a really long week at work, it was so nice to come home yesterday to have these two gems waiting on me.
First up, The Winery Dogs: Special Edition Dog Years – Live in Santiago & Beyond 2013-2016. This 5 Disc special edition includes The Live in Santiago concert on Blue-Ray & DVD as well as a 2 CD set of the show. Also included is The Dog Years Bonus EP on CD. Not a bad little set and with coupons and a small gift card I had, this only cost $7 and some change.
Continue reading “The Mailman – Def Leppard & The Winery Dogs”
For those new to the site, I have a page that contains a list of the New Releases out now or coming in the very near future. I update it weekly (mostly weekly). The list is of all albums I am interested in, albums I have heard about, or albums that are getting a lot of buzz. Hopefully you can find something you can’t wait to get your hands on.
I also post the Friday New Releases every Friday for those great releases that are coming out that day to keep you in the loop. Keep an eye out for those.
There is a link at the top of the home page that you can go to every time you visit. Or you can just click right here on NEW RELEASES. Below is the current list as of this morning. I recently added Kenny Wayne Shepard Band, George Thorogood, Katy Perry, Imagine Dragons, Styx and so many more…I hope you enjoy
Continue reading “New Releases (updated)”
2017 is upon us and always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2017, but no dates announced yet. The ones I want will be highlighted in Blue.
- Adelitas Way
- Adrenaline Mob
- Arcade Fire
- Avril Lavigne
- Bad Religion
- Callum Scott
- Charli XCX
- Christina Aguilera
- Coldplay – ‘Kaleidoscope’
- Dark Horse
- Demon Hunter – ‘Outlive’
Continue reading “What to Expect in 2017 for New Music??”
This is a very quiet week for new releases. Only one new one that I am eager to hear, Leeland’s ‘Invisible’. There are 2 greatest hits that you should check out if you don’t have all their stuff already – Dio and Dragonforce. Outside of that, not real excited about the others.
- Leeland – Invisible – (Provident) – It has been about 5 years since their last album. The band’s line-up has changed significantly and only 2 members left. If you like Christian music, they are worth giving a listen.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 22nd”
I have been waiting for this Friday since I found out Needtobreathe was releasing a new album. That pretty much means I don’t give a rat’s ass about anything else coming out today. There are some I will check out after several days of listening to ‘Hard Love’. Those will be highlighted in Blue.
- Needtobreathe – Hard Love – (Atlantic): Nothing else matters. This is the release to check out. They have been one of my favorite, if not my favorite, band over the last decade. “Happiness” is classic Needtobreathe so I have high expectations this release.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 15th”
The Dirty Clergy release their new album,’Rattlesnake’, today (July 1st). They are five guys from Winfield, Alabama who have come together to deliver a solid, straight-up rock album. ‘Rattlesnake’ is their second album and released on Happy Daze Records.
The production quality of this album is what I would call simple. There are no extraneous, unnecessary pieces added to the production. It is raw, gritty and has a live quality to the whole album. You can hear the drums, the guitars, and the bass equally. Nothing overpowers the other and makes for a great full sound.
Continue reading “The Dirty Clergy – Rattlesnake – Album Spotlight”
Not a ton of releases this Friday, but a few that could be promising. After spending some time at the beach this week with my family, it is nice to be home and enjoy some new music. The ones I will be checking out are in blue.
- Blink-182 – California – (Viking Wizard Eyes LLC) – Blink release a new album but without Tom DeLonge, is it really a Blink album? That is the question I am asking and I will give it a listen to see what they give us.
- Through Fire – Breathe – (Sumerian Records) – Justin McCain is back with a new band Through Fire. Justin was the founding member of the Emphatic, of which I was a huge fan. Basically, it is the same band with just a name change and a new record label. High hopes for this one.
- American Authors – What We Live For – (Island) – Back with their sophomore effort after the huge success of ‘Oh, What a Life’. Can they continue that success or get sucked down by the sophomore slump? We will have to listen and find out.
- The Dirty Clergy – Rattlesnake – (Happy Daze Records) – I screwed up and had them on last week when they were only releasing a new single last week. Now the album comes out. It has very simple productions, but some great songs on here. A nice raw quality to the whole thing.
- Maxwell – black SUMMERS’ night – (Columbia)
- Fates Warning – Theories of Flight – (Inside Out Music)
- Pet Shop Boys – Twenty-Something (EP) – (X2 Records)
- Bat for Lashes – The Bride – (Warner Bros.)
- Magic! – Primary Colours – (Sony Music Entertainment)