2018 is upon us and always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2018, but no dates announced yet. The ones I want will be highlighted in Blue.
- Stone Temple Pilots (I know this is coming as they have said)
- Jack White – Boarding the House Reach
- Vance Joy
- The 1975 – Music for Cars
- Ace Frehley
- Arctic Monkeys
- Avril Lavigne
- Bon Jovi
- Bring Me the Horizon
- Bullet for My Valentine
- Celine Dion
- Charli XCX
- Cowboy Junkies
- Echosmith – Inside a Dream
Continue reading “What to Expect for New Music in 2018!”
After a really long week at work, it was so nice to come home yesterday to have these two gems waiting on me.
First up, The Winery Dogs: Special Edition Dog Years – Live in Santiago & Beyond 2013-2016. This 5 Disc special edition includes The Live in Santiago concert on Blue-Ray & DVD as well as a 2 CD set of the show. Also included is The Dog Years Bonus EP on CD. Not a bad little set and with coupons and a small gift card I had, this only cost $7 and some change.
Continue reading “The Mailman – Def Leppard & The Winery Dogs”
For those new to the site, I have a page that contains a list of the New Releases out now or coming in the very near future. I update it weekly (mostly weekly). The list is of all albums I am interested in, albums I have heard about, or albums that are getting a lot of buzz. Hopefully you can find something you can’t wait to get your hands on.
I also post the Friday New Releases every Friday for those great releases that are coming out that day to keep you in the loop. Keep an eye out for those.
There is a link at the top of the home page that you can go to every time you visit. Or you can just click right here on NEW RELEASES. Below is the current list as of this morning. I recently added Kenny Wayne Shepard Band, George Thorogood, Katy Perry, Imagine Dragons, Styx and so many more…I hope you enjoy
Continue reading “New Releases (updated)”
2017 is upon us and always fun anticipating what new albums are and will come out in the year. There are quite a few we already know about, but some haven’t been officially announced or even a date set yet. From what I have gathered around the internet, here are the bands that should have new albums out in 2017, but no dates announced yet. The ones I want will be highlighted in Blue.
- Adelitas Way
- Adrenaline Mob
- Arcade Fire
- Avril Lavigne
- Bad Religion
- Callum Scott
- Charli XCX
- Christina Aguilera
- Coldplay – ‘Kaleidoscope’
- Dark Horse
- Demon Hunter – ‘Outlive’
Continue reading “What to Expect in 2017 for New Music??”
This is a very quiet week for new releases. Only one new one that I am eager to hear, Leeland’s ‘Invisible’. There are 2 greatest hits that you should check out if you don’t have all their stuff already – Dio and Dragonforce. Outside of that, not real excited about the others.
- Leeland – Invisible – (Provident) – It has been about 5 years since their last album. The band’s line-up has changed significantly and only 2 members left. If you like Christian music, they are worth giving a listen.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 22nd”
I have been waiting for this Friday since I found out Needtobreathe was releasing a new album. That pretty much means I don’t give a rat’s ass about anything else coming out today. There are some I will check out after several days of listening to ‘Hard Love’. Those will be highlighted in Blue.
- Needtobreathe – Hard Love – (Atlantic): Nothing else matters. This is the release to check out. They have been one of my favorite, if not my favorite, band over the last decade. “Happiness” is classic Needtobreathe so I have high expectations this release.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 15th”
The Dirty Clergy release their new album,’Rattlesnake’, today (July 1st). They are five guys from Winfield, Alabama who have come together to deliver a solid, straight-up rock album. ‘Rattlesnake’ is their second album and released on Happy Daze Records.
The production quality of this album is what I would call simple. There are no extraneous, unnecessary pieces added to the production. It is raw, gritty and has a live quality to the whole album. You can hear the drums, the guitars, and the bass equally. Nothing overpowers the other and makes for a great full sound.
Continue reading “The Dirty Clergy – Rattlesnake – Album Spotlight”
Thank goodness it is Friday. What a week. Work has been crazy so I can’t wait to listen to some new music. Not much this week I am excited about, but there are a few I want to hear (and they are in blue).
- The Avett Brothers – True Sadness – (Republic) – Not familiar with them, but I heard the new song “Ain’t No Man” and thought it was great. Now I want to listen to the whole thing.
- Dorothy – ROCKISDEAD – (Roc Nation) – Another band I am not familiar with but the first single is awesome and peaked my interest. This might be my drive into work album and I will save the Avett Brothers for the drive home.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 24th”
It is Friday yet again. It is funny how this day shows up the same time every week. It is amazing. Not as many releases this week as the past two, but still some interesting choices. The ones in blue are the ones I will be listening to over the next couple of days.
- Thousand Foot Krutch – Exhale – (Tfk Music) – I have been a fan of theirs for awhile and pick up anything they put out. I haven’t been overly impressed with what I have heard so far, I hope listening to the album in full will be better.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 17th”