Wow!! The new releases are coming in droves. Another extensive list of releases this week just like last. There has to be something for everyone as the artist here cover the gamut of genres. There are a handful I am interested in streaming at least, not sure about buying…yet. I will test the waters first. Those are highlighted in Blue. What do you see that you like? Let me know and let me know what releases are missing from the list. I hope you find something. Have a great weekend!!
- Stephen Pearcy – View to a Thrill – (Frontiers Records): The lead singer of Ratt (or some version of it) is back with another solo effort. I am becoming very skeptical of this release with all the antics going on with him from the latest Ratt tour…not a pretty picture. The tracks I have heard so far are so, so…but after his last one was pretty decent, I will give this one a try. We will see.
- Red Dragon Cartel – Patina – (Frontiers Record): Jake E. Lee isback with Red Dragon Cartel’s 2nd album. I get the impression this is a real band now and so the songs should be solid and consistent. I am digging what I have heard and have higher expectations for this one over the last. I can’t wait to crank this one up.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 9th”
Welcome to October and of course, I have a list of new releases for you to check out. There are definitely some I am getting this week and I will talk about those as they will be highlighted in Blue. There are not a ton, but hopefully you will find something. I know I have.
- Whitesnake – Whitesnake (30th Anniversary Edition) – (Parlophone Records): Duh!! No Brainer!!! I can’t believe it has been 30 years since this album was released. I have it on Vinyl, but I want this CD see. With classics like “Still of The Night”, “Here I Go Again” and “Is This Love” you can’t go wrong with this one. The only downside is the Super Deluxe Edition, which I ordered, is on hold until October 27th. Oh well, still can’t wait to get ahold of it.
- The Darkness – Pinewood Smile – (Canary Dwarf Ltd): The glam metal band that glorifies the excess of 80’s rocks brings us their new album. After 5 albums has the schtick gotten old? We will see.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 6th”
As we get closer and closer to Christmas, there will be fewer worth while releases. However, we aren’t there yet as the Rolling Stones are set to release their new album “Blue & Lonesome”. This will be tops on my list for today. The others I will check out are highlighted in Blue.
- The Rolling Stones – Blue & Lonesome – (Promotone B.V): The Stones are going back to their roots and bringing us an old school Stones album and it sounds great from what I have heard so far. Can’t wait for the rest.
- Night Ranger – 35 Years and a Night in Chicago – (Frontiers Music Srl): Wow! 35 years of Night Ranger. I will celebrate by listening to their new live album. I just picked up their first 3 on vinyl and still love them.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 2nd”