Happy Friday! I hope this post finds everyone still functioning after being homebound for way too long! At least we have new releases to look forward to and there is a nice long list. It was longer, but a bunch got moved to later in the year. There is enough variety that hopefully you will find something. This is where I would normally say my choices are highlighted in Blue, but you won’t see any of those this week as there is nothing really that floats my boat. Hopefully that isn’t the same for you. Let me know what you find interesting and what I may have missed. Hang in there and hopefully this will all be over soon. Have a great weekend.
- The Used – Heartwork – (Big Noise Music Group)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 24th”
- Brendan Benson – Dear Life – (Third Man Records)
October is flying by and there are a bunch of new ones available this week…even Christmas albums if you are so inclined. There are some brand new bands, some old favorites and some fabulous reissues/deluxe editions. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know which ones you are interested in with a comment below. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Sons of Apollo – Pyschotic Symphony – (Inside Out Music): Another supergroup and another one featuring Billy Sheehan and Mike Portnoy. If you liked in The Winery Dogs, this is not the Winery Dogs. This is a much heavier band with Jeff Scott Soto on lead vocals rather than Richie Kotzen. Also on the record is Bumblefoot on guitar and Derek Sherinian that make this a massive group with a massive sound. Can’t wait to dive into this one.
- Europe – Walk the Earth – (Silver Lining Music): Europe is still putting out quality albums after 35+ years in the business. The took most of the 90’s off, but came roar back in the 2000’s and have been non-stop ever since. I have held off from listening to anything on this one yet as I want to take it in all at once.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 20th”
As we get closer and closer to Christmas, there will be fewer worth while releases. However, we aren’t there yet as the Rolling Stones are set to release their new album “Blue & Lonesome”. This will be tops on my list for today. The others I will check out are highlighted in Blue.
- The Rolling Stones – Blue & Lonesome – (Promotone B.V): The Stones are going back to their roots and bringing us an old school Stones album and it sounds great from what I have heard so far. Can’t wait for the rest.
- Night Ranger – 35 Years and a Night in Chicago – (Frontiers Music Srl): Wow! 35 years of Night Ranger. I will celebrate by listening to their new live album. I just picked up their first 3 on vinyl and still love them.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 2nd”