Oh Crap!! It is Friday the 13th. Lock your doors and don’t go outside as there are a lot of crazies this day. And we are crazy with new releases. Actually, there are a bunch, but not much of interest to me as has been the case a lot this year. I hope the year picks up. I don’t have any that I am dying to hear…nothing highlighted in Blue this week. I might try a couple, but if I get to them. I hope there is something for you. Let me know what there is you want to hear or what I missed as I always do since I generally only list bands/artist that I have actually heard about. Have a great weekend.
- Gotthard – #13 – (Nuclear Blast)
- Stitched Up Heart – Darkness – (Stitched Up Heart)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 13th”
- Code Orange – Underneath – (Roadrunner Records)
Happy Friday and welcome to another Friday New Releases post. This week we only have slighty more than a handful with a whole 6 new releases with only 2 I am interested in (highlighted in Blue). I am sorry there can’t be more, but there probably is that I don’t know about or even care about…not that I care about all of these. What has been a slow year with releases seems to continue thankfully I do have a couple. Let me know what interests you or what I may have missed so more people will know about it. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- H.E.A.T. – H.E.A.T. II – (Sony Music Entertainment) – Digital Release Only (CD/LPs out 2/28): This Swedish Hard Rock band is back with their sixth studio album. If you want some solid arena rock with a hint of glam and great fun, then this is the album you should check out this week. Bring on the guitars and let it rip.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 21st”
- Ozzy Osbourne – Ordinary Man – (Epic Records / Sony): Ozzy!!! I’m sorry, but Ozzy is no ordinary man even though the album is trying to fool you in to thinking so. Hell, I’m not even sure the Price of Darkness is even a man! But he is Ozzy and that is enough for me to give this a spin. He has earned that. I wish Ozzy well in his fight with Parkinson and may he keep on rocking.
Welcome to Friday and guess what it is Valentine’s Day!! The worst holiday ever invented. It puts undo pressure on everyone. The trick is show the one you love how much they mean to you every day of the year and then this day doesn’t mean shit!! It is just another. So blame Hallmark and all the chocolate companies and the florist companies and the restaurants for forcing this upon us. Wow, I went off on a tangent there. It is Friday, so that means new music. Not a whole lot here for me, but hopefully there is enough that you find something for you or the one you love. My listens are in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear and what I might have missed from the list because believe it or not…it happens all the time. Happy Valentine’s Day to you all!!
- Hollywood Undead – New Empire, Vol 1 – (BMG Rights): I am excited for their new album which is now their 6th studio release. I really enjoy their rap-rock / nu-metal sound and I love the angst as well. It is usually great to blast driving down the road…so here is warning to you Charlotte Drivers that I might be a little reckless today with this cranked up.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 14th”
- Huey Lewis & the News – Weather – (New Hulex LLC / BMG Rights): I am really anxious and sad to hear this one. It could quite possibly be Huey’s last record and he is even unable to perform anymore. If you haven’t heard, Huey was diagnosed with a disorder of the inner ear called Meniere’s disease. It brings hearing loss, vertigo, ringing in the ear and a feeling of fullness. My thoughts and prayers are with him and selfishly I always would like new music from him.
We are to the end of our first month and the new releases have been a little limited and nothing that jumps out as blowing me away yet (but since I wrote this before the January 24th releases have come out, there could have been something out then, but the only one I want is Revolution Saints so we will see). This week has a lot of releases and a little something for everyone…but me really. You get pop, metal, rock, indie, christian, jazz and country, so a bit of everything. I hope there is something for you. Mine are normally highlighted in Blue, but there is nothing I am running out and getting this week. I need to save money so that is a good thing.
- Theory of a Deadman – Say Nothing – (Roadrunner Records) – A Canadian rock band sign to Chad Kroeger’s record label…enough said…or the less said the better…either way.
- Dashboard Confessional – The Best Ones of the Best Ones – (Hidden Note AWAL) – Were they emo, indie, alt rock??? I am not sure…all of the above. This is a greatest hits album and if you are a casual fan, then this would be great place to begin.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 31st”
Welcome to Friday the 13th and the last good day of releases for at least 3 to 4 weeks. Yes, Friday New Releases will be absent from this site until a couple weeks into the new year in January when there is finally enough to talk about. However, this week isn’t totally worthless. There a couple releases I am interested in, but not much else. My choices will be highlighted in Blue, let me know if you find anything you like of if I missed anything. Thanks and until next time, have a great weekend!
- Harry Styles – Fine Line – (Erksine Records/Columbia/Sony): Harry is back with his second studio album and I have to say, I am actually looking forward to this. I was pleasantly surprised at how great his debut was and it was so much better than anything One Direction put out. My oldest daughter is even more so excited as she keeps the vinyl of his debut up in her room rather than down in my wall of vinyl. I am hoping for another release of a variety of styles and hope he pushes himself even more on this one.
- Stone Sour – Hello, You Bastards: Live in Reno – (Cooking Vinyl Ltd): I like live albums lately, so I might give this one a try. Corey Taylor and the boys are releasing their first live album and I am sure it will rock your face off. I mean, it ain’t no Slipknot, which is actually why I like them more, but Corey only knows how to bring it hard and heavy. Ok, no video so far so here is a classic.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 13th”
As were are starting to get closer the Holidays, the new releases become fewer and fewer. There might be one more big week, sadly this is not one of them. I barely have enough to fill the 6 panels of pictures above. My choices are limited so I apologize, but maybe there is something for you. We have Country, R&B, Emo, Classic Rock, 50’s Rock and Pop…that’s it…one for each. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is something I missed that you want to mention. Thanks for stopping by and have a Great Weekend!!
- Lady Antebellum – Ocean – (Big Machine): I diss Country a lot, but there a few artists/groups I like and this is one of them. They are band my wife and I enjoy together and I love when we have someone we both like. They have been around awhile and usually they deliver and I expect nothing less this time. It is usually a softer side of Country, but man these guys/gals can sing.
- Prince – 1999 (Super Deluxe Edition) – (Warner Records): Prince’s estate is emptying the vaults at an alarmingly fast rate and now 1999 is getting the Super Deluxe Edition. The album was unbelievable the way it was, but having all this bonus material is going to be a blast going through. I could spend a lot of time with this one.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 15th”
Happy Friday and yes, the weekend is upon us!! Thankfully we have some new tuneage to get us through the weekend. There are a lot of releases today and hopefully you will find something to make this weekend a rocking good time. I have quite a few I am excited to hear, however, not running out to buy anything yet until I hear them first (Thank goodness for streaming as it saves me money sometimes). My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or even what I might have missed as it has been known to happen. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Work of Arts – Exhibit – (Frontiers Records): Thanks to Melodicrock.com, I came across this band. If you know the Jeff Scott Soto band W.E.T., the “W” is for Work of Art member Robert Sall who is in W.E.T. This band is an awesome piece if melodic rock in the same vein as maybe Toto and Journey and other bands of that ilk. Give it a try as I think you will like it.
- Pretty Maids – Undress Your Madness – (Frontiers Records): In what might be their 16th album (so many I have lost track), this hard rock band out of Denmark always deliver solid work and I am interested to hear what they have brought the table this time around. They rarely disappoint.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 8th”
Here we are the 1st day of November and do we have a lot to be “Thankful” for this week with the new releases? Depends on your taste. There are some juicy ones this week for me, but nothing I am going to run and buy…however, streaming will do nicely here. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are digging this week and if I missed anything. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.
- Miranda Lambert – Wildcard – (Vanner Records/Sony): I don’t like Country music that much, but I like Miranda. She’s fiesty, she’s firey and she’s kinda hot!! She is someone my whole family likes and we enjoy listening to her in the car as a whole. And I am just glad my kids don’t have me on video sining “Little Red Wagon” from her earlier work…it is quite embarrassing as I add my own flair to that song that the kids find quite funny. But that ain’t this album. I haven’t heard anything yet, but have heard good things so I will check it out.
- Hootie & the Blowfish – Imperfect Circle – (Capitol Records): After 14 years, Hootie & the Blowfish are BACK!! Darius Rucker is taking a break from his very successful Country career to reignite the Hootie light. And kids from the 90’s rejoice!! Their blend of Pop Rock was a huge hit in the 90’s. Can it translate into something cool in the 21st Century? We will have to see.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 1st”
We are to the final week of October and Halloween is right around the corner. I don’t see any scary releases this week except maybe Lea Michele’s Christmas album…that one looks truly frightening and I will stay as far away as I possibly can from that one. Me, i plan on scaring up a couple for sure and maybe give two others a try. They are marked in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. I hope you find something and have a great weekend!
- Airbourne – Boneshaker – (Spinefarm Records): The boys from down under are back with another earth shattering, bone rattling rocker. I have this one on order and the vinyl should be there when I get home. I have everything else they have done on vinyl so why not this one. If you like AC/DC, you will like this. They are loud, aggressive and fantastic. Turn it up and let them blow your ears right off.
- James Blunt – Once Upon a Mind – (Atlantic Records): And if you want something a little more in the pop arena you won’t find anything better than James Blunt. His unique voice, great story telling and song writing are always entertaining and worth quite a few spins. Plus, the man is hilarious. I saw him live and his self-deprecating humor really made me a fan. HIs last album, ‘The Afterlove’ was amazing and so I have high expectations for this, his 6th album.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 25th”