Wow! What a crappy week for releases. Not in what is being released, but the lack of releases. There isn’t much to choose from. I hope there is something for you, but it is slim pickin’s. Have a great weekend!! I will at least stick a music video with them if there is one so you can check them out.
- Rick Astley – Beautiful Life – (BMG Music): Ok, I am a little interested in checking this one out, I will admit it. And I just noticed this got bumped up and released last week…sorry about that.
- Powerwolf – Sacrament of Sin – (Napalm Records)
- Paul Carrack – These Days – (Carrack UK)
- Al Di Meola – Elegant Gypsy & More (LIVE) – (Earmusic)
Are things heating up where you live? They are here. Damn it has been hot! Sadly, the music this week is not really…hot. There is not a whole heckuva lot screaming at me, but I am sure I will get to some of it eventually. Maybe a good time to play catchup on releases from earlier in the year that I missed. I do have one I want and it is highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or what I missed on the list.
- Needtobreathe – Forever on your Side: Niles City Sound Sessions – (Atlantic): A four song E.P. from Needtobreathe is always welcome. Anything new from these guys is welcome. One of my favorite bands and this one is music created from their time spent at Niles City. Here is what they say about it…”Forever On Your Side (Niles City Sound Sessions) was recorded with the producer trio Niles City Sound (Leon Bridges) out of their studio in Ft. Worth, TX. The 4-track collection of songs and collaboration represents a creative leap for the band, who usually self-records and produces out of their home studio, Plantation Studios, in Summerville, SC.” I have the 10″ Pink Vinyl on order and sadly won’t arrive until the end of September so for now I will stream or grab the CD. Oh yeah, my wife and I have a date night to see Needtobreathe in August. Yes…I am a fan.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 13th”
Welcome to July and the first Friday of releases. I have to admit, there isn’t any of these I am excited about so might be skipping this week. I am guess that it this is the week of our Independence here in the States that not many bands wanted to release anything and get lost in everyone’s vacation time period. Hopefully there is something for you. I will post videos for each so you can have something to got through. Here is hoping next week is better.
- Kissin’ Dynamite – Ecstasy – (Metal Blade Records)
- Vixen – Live Fire – (Rat Pak Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 6th”
We are at the end of another month and what a way to end it. There are so many releases this week I hope there is something you can find and enjoy. My vacation will be ending this week and then back to work next, so I am going to try and do nothing for a couple days except listen to music. My choices are in Blue. Let me know what you are feeling and if I missed anything. Have a great weekend!!
- The Wild Feathers – Greetings from the Neon Frontier – (Reprise Records): This is where I will spend most of my time. I really think these guys are great. They are a mixture of Rock, Folk, Country and blend it all together so nicely. It is always a listening pleasure and so much to take in. Give them a try and as this is their third studio release, go back and get the other two.
- Guns N Roses – Appetite for Destruction Super Deluxe Edition – (Geffen Records): What can I say about this one. One of the greatest debut albums by any band and now we get the ultimate deluxe edition. I can’t afford the big daddy release as I just bought the Def Leppard Vinyl collection (Volume One) so I will end up settling for one of the lesser expensive releases. Either way, it is nice to have for the collection.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 29th”
Vacation starts after close of work today and I can’t wait. I wish there was a ton of new music to listen to but sadly that is not the case. The are only a couple I will give a listen and I know one I had to pick up for my daughter (on vinyl of course). I actually think there is more for my kids this week than me. And actually the 5 Second of Summer was released last week. My choices are in Blue, which ones are you interested in or what have I missed. Have a great weekend as I know I will have a great next week…NO WORK!!
- Panic at the Disco – Pray for the Wicked – (Fueled by Ramen LLC): Panic is on the top of the list this week. Why? Well, because my oldest loves this band. She is going to Atlanta to see them since they aren’t coming to Charlotte. I am sure I will be hearing this for some time and actually I don’t mind. They are pretty darn good. We should have the vinyl sitting on the doorstep when I get home…if my daughter doesn’t get to it first.
- Ben Rector – Magic – (OK Kid Recordings): Ben Rector returns and I really like this Singer/Songwriter’s style. He tells great stories and has a great voice so there isn’t anything he has done I haven’t enjoyed. This is on the lighter side, but some days you just need that to relax.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 22nd”
Happy Friday and welcome to this week’s list of notable releases…at least notable in my book. There is only one MUST HAVE and a couple others I will get to as well. Take a look and let me know what you are looking forward to and what I might have missed. My choices are highlighted in Blue.
- Tremonti – A Dying Machine – (Napalm Records): The Creed and Alter Bridge guitarist strikes out on his own with his other band Tremonti. This time he takes on lead vocals and fronts one hellavu hard rock band. If you are a fan, then this is a MUST HAVE in your collection as it is mine. The band bring us their fourth album…that is right…their fourth and we can never get enough.
- Sunstorm – The Road to Hell – (Frontier Records): The great Joe Lynn Turner brings his vocals to the band’s fifth album and the man can still sing at just 66 years young. The Hackensack-ack-ack-ack born singer has fronted a few bands you might have heard about…Rainbow and Deep Purple. He still brings the fire and intensity with Sunstorm. Check them out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 8th”
Welcome to the First Friday of June and better yet, the first day of June. We are now getting into the Summer months and it is going to be Hot with new releases and temperatures. There only a couple I am interested in the one will require a lot of dough. My choices are highlighted in Blue. What interests you? Leave me a comment.
- Def Leppard – The Collection: Volume One – (Mercury): Okay, Def Leppard is re-releasing Four Collections of all their albums plus some bonus material. I will just quote from Amazon exactly…
This initial volume of the band’s complete recorded output comes in a limited-edition 180-gram heavyweight vinyl box set, featuring Def Leppard’s first four studio albums — along with some choice bonus live and studio material — all spread across 8LPs. The Volume One collection contains all of Def Leppard’s iconic 1980s recordings – On Through The Night, High ‘N’ Dry, Pyromania and Hysteria – with reproductions of the original packaging. Furthermore, this collection includes a replica 7-inch single of the band’s original independent EP, the self-titled The Def Leppard E.P. The Volume One collection also houses bonus material including Live At The LA Forum 1983, originally released as a bonus disc in the deluxe CD version of Pyromania, making this the first-ever vinyl offering of the complete show. This 2LP version comes with a new sleeve and inner bags. The box set also includes Rarities Volume 1 which has been specially compiled by Joe Elliott, containing rare B-sides and recordings from Def Leppard’s early years, all in a newly commissioned sleeve. Each album in the Volume One box set was mastered by longtime band producer/soundmaster Ronan McHugh and frontman/vocalist Joe Elliott at Joe’s Garage in Dublin, Ireland, and cut by Greg Moore. Housed in rigid boxes, the Volume One collection also contains a hardback book with rare photos by longstanding band confidant Ross Halfin and liner notes by Classic Rock’s Paul Elliott. Def Leppard bandmembers Joe Elliott, bassist Rick Savage, drummer Rick Allen, and guitarist Phil Collen have all also contributed their personal introductions to the collection.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 1st”
Welcome to the last Friday of May. Work is really busy right now and I need something to take my mind off of it. Thank goodness it is Memorial Day Weekend and we get Monday off. I need it. There are several releases I will be checking out this weekend and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you will be getting or whatever might peak your interest. Have a great weekend!!
- Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes – (Island Records): Shawn Mendes will be played constantly in my house this weekend and for weeks to come as I have two daughters who love him, one daughter a little too much…I swear a restraining order is in her future. Anyway, I have heard a couple songs and I have to say that “In My Blood” is a rather spectacular song. If there are any more like this one on the album, it will probably be great.
- Hoobastank – Push Pull – (Napalm Records): Here is a name I haven’t heard in years. Six years to be exact. It has been that long since their last album and honestly I haven’t followed them in quite a long time. No better time then the present to revisit the band. Haven’t heard anything yet so it will be interesting to see what they still have to offer.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 25th”
Happy Friday. Not a ton of releases that have caught my attention this week. There are two that I will be diving in to and they are at opposite ends of the spectrum for sure. There are a couple more I will try out eventually, but the first two will get most of my attention. All the releases I will be checking out are highlighted in Blue. Take a look around and see what else you might like and let me know in the comments. If you want to see all the new releases coming in the universe over the next several weeks (or months), CLICK HERE.
- James Bay – Electric Light – (Republic Records): Finally, the super talented James Bay is back with his sophomore release. Is the sophomore jinx in place or not, we will have to hear it first to decide. I have heard three singles so far and the first was completely different than his last album which can be good and bad as you don’t necessarily want to alienate the fans you built off that sound. The next two were a little more in the wheelhouse we expect. He is a great songwriter, singer and guitar player so we will check this out. In the meantime, have a glass of “Pink Lemonade”
- Five Finger Death Punch – And Justice for None – (Prospect Park): Now for the other end of the spectrum, there is Five Finger Death Punch. The music is just that, a death punch to the face. Every now and again, I like it hard and I like it loud and this is exactly what I need right now. So prepare your ears to be decimated.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 18th”
May is kicking in to high gear. The temperature is heating up and so is the music. There are only a few I am interested in this week, but there is plenty to get you moving this weekend. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what tickles your fancy and if I missed anything (which I know I did). Take a look and have a great weekend!!!
- RSO (Richie Sambora & Orianthi) – Radio Free America – (BMG): The first full length album from Richie Sambora & Orianthi. Well, it isn’t really completely new as they have had 2 EPs and a couble singles which are all included. The only new songs are only “Blues Won’t Leave Me Alone” and “Hellbound Train”. I have mixed feelings on the EPs, but let’s see how they play as a full length album.
- Arctic Monkeys – Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino – (Domino Recording): Arctic Monkeys are back with their first album in five years. It has been a while, but I am eager to hear if any of the magic is back. They haven’t disappointed me yet…or at least very little. Here is a snippet…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 11th”