After last week, we need a bunch of new releases and this week you get just that. This week is also heavy on the rock side which suits me fine. A whole lot to choose from here. Hopefully you will find something you like. I know I have quite a few I am interested and one that is on pre-order and can’t wait to dive into and re-explore. All my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to hearing and if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend!!
- Harem Scarem – The Ultimate Collection Box Set – (Frontiers Records): A 14 CD set spanning the entire Harem Scarem Career. This is massive and I can’t wait. I haven’t gone through their albums one by one in a long, long time…to long in fact. This will be fun and should keep me busy for quite some time. What’s your favorite album?
- Motley Crue – The Dirt Soundtrack – (Eleven Seven Music): The Crue is back with a Netflix Biopic and a soundtrack to boot. The soundtrack has four new songs (sort of) and is a greatest hits collection. It doesn’t look as sweet as the Queen movie soundtrack (now that is how you do it). Let’s hope the songs are better than the movie looks. So far, not overly impress with The Dirt song that was released and there is a cover of Like a Virgin by Madonna…that ain’t helping things look any better. We will see…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 22nd”
After last week’s big set of releases, we come to this week where there is really nothing much. Only one that interests me and it is highlighted in Blue. Which is good because I am still tearing through the Whitesnake Slide It In Box Set. Let me know if there is something for you or if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Gary Hoey – Neon Highway Blues – (Mascot Label Group): Since there is so little out this week, I am blue. And when you are blue, you need the Blues so I will throw this one on. Plus Gary can freaking play a mean ass guitar. What else do you need!!!
And that is it for me…these are the rest…
- Greyson Chance – Portraits – (GCM)
- Jerry Garcia Band – Electric on the Eel (Live) – (Jerry Garcia Family LLC)
- Fallujah – Undying Light – (Nuclear Blast)
- Snarky Puppy – Immigrance – (Ground Up Music)
Happy Friday and welcome to another Friday of New Releases. If you like hard rock and heavy metal, might be a good week for you…otherwise, not much else. For me, it is slim pickings this week with only 2 I am mildly interested and a decent Tom Petty greatest hits collection. Outside of that, nothing else for me. My choices are in Blue. Let me know if there is something you like or anything I missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Queensryche – The Verdict – (Century Media Group) – Ever since Geoff Tate left, I haven’t given them much of a fair shake, but that will change with this album. I am going to give it a spin and see wha the buzz is about. Todd La Torre definitely has the chops as the lead singer so he deserves a chance. I will let you know what I think.
- In Flames – I, The Mask – (Eleven Seven Music): This band has been around since 1994 and yet I didn’t discover them until their last album ‘Battles’ in 2016. I will check this out and maybe start exploring their back catalog of about 11-12 albums. They are a Swedish metal band if you were interested, pretty heavy stuff.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 1st”
The last week of February, the last week of new releases for the month and the Last in Line is all I am interested in hearing. There are a handful of releases this week so hopefully there is something for you. Mine is highlighted in blue as usual. Let me know what you want to get or anything I might have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Last in Line – II – (Frontiers Records): The former Dio band consisting of Vinny Appice, Vivian Campbell (Def Leppard), Andrew Freeman and now Phil Soussan. They aren’t playing Dio songs, but their own material. I like Viv and Vinny so I will give it a try and see what they have to offer this time around.
- Gary Clark Jr. – This Land – (Warner Brothers): What an utter talent. His blend of rock and blues has been hailed by Prince and even President Obama…so that should be enough to sway you to check him out. Seriously, check him out. You will not be disappointed. And for this album…he has a lot to say!!! Damn!! He needs to be heard!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 22nd”
Welcome to the day after Valentine’s Day. I hope everyone was with the one you love or at least loving the one you were with. And if you didn’t have anyone, that is okay too. Maybe there is something on here you could love. There is a little for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in and what I might have missed. Have a great weekend.
- Avril Lavigne – Head Above Water – (BMG): Avril Lavigne, what can I say. I actually dig her stuff. I am not afraid to admit it. Even if she married the guy from Nickelback. I won’t hold that against her. I haven’t heard anything off this one yet, but that won’t deter me from giving it a listen as she has earned that respect. Oh yeah, the cover of the album is quite nice!
- Jon Fratelli – Bright Night Flowers – (Cooking Vinyl Ltd): I love the Fratelli’s so can’t wait to hear Jon do another solo album. His last one I enjoyed so why would this one be any different. Give him a try, you will like it.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 15th”
Happy Friday! I can’t wait for the weekend! Why you ask? Duh, no work and all music all the time!! Not a whole lot this week, but a couple I will try out and they will be highlighted in Blue. Let me know if there is anything for you or let me know what I am missing out on. Hopefully there is something for you…I know that Bolton one is calling everyone’s name…”Listen to me (insert name here)”.
- 7eventh Time Down – Brand New Day – (BEC Recordings): A Christian rock band or pop rock…whatever you want to call it…I will give it a try. I have enjoyed their first few albums and there is always one or two songs that blow me away so hoping for more of that. I just like the positive messages and the good grooves. Check them out! (Update…I guess I need to stop doing these three weeks ahead because this got moved to March 1st…sorry about that).
- Sister Hazel – Fire E.P. – (Croakin’ Poet Records): I remember their 90’s hits (or at least “All for You”) so why not see what they have to offer in 2019. They are doing a lot of E.P.s. They did two last year (Water & Wind) and now comes Fire. I think I missed the other two so I will check this one out and go back and listen to the others.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 8th”
Wow, how are we already in to February. Time flies when you’re having fun. We are having fun…right??? Anyway, we don’t have a ton of releases…only 6 on my list this week. And maybe I will give them all a listen, I haven’t decided. There are two on my list this week for sure, the rest will make some time, if at all. Let me know if there is anything you are interested in or if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great music weekend.
- Tom Petty – The Best of Everything: The Definitive Career Spanning Hits Collection 1976-2016 – (Geffen Records): An extensive greatest hits collection for the Tom Petty fan consisting of 38 tracks from his Heartbreaker work, his solo work and even his Mudcrutch work. It is a pretty great track list with 2 unreleased tracks and an essay by Cameron Crowe. All just spectacular and must have for every Petty fan. (UPDATE: Apparently this got moved at the last minute to March 1st because when I wrote this up it was due to drop on Feb. 1st…sorry about that)
- American Authors – Seasons – (Island Records): This pop rock, alt rock band is back with their 3rd album. They have pretty great songs, but this one is attracting me more because of the two songs I have heard are exceptional. One with Billy Raffoul on it called “Say Amen” and the other is “Neighborhood” with Bear Rinehart from Needtobreathe. These are two people I really, really like and want everything they do so this is on my list for sure.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – February 1st”
Now we are in to full swing in the new year. The albums are starting to come out and today we have a long list of releases. There will hopefully be something for everyone. There are bunch I am interested in, but might not necessarily buy right now. They will be streamed to start with and I will pick up the ones I like the best. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you like or are interested in. Thanks and have a great musical weekend.
- Starbreaker – Dysphoria – (Frontiers Records): Tony Harnell and Magnus Karlsson team up again with the band’s third album and first in over 11 years…damn…way too long. It is metal, it is hard rock and it is usually great. Can’t wait to hear this one.
- Rival Sons – Feral Roots – (Atlantic Records): Rival Sons are one of those bands you just fall in love with immediately when you hear them. Now on their 6th studio album they just keep getting better. They are straight up rock & roll with a heavy blues influence and worth a listen. Give them a try.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 25th”
Last week did not have a bunch of releases and this week isn’t that much better, but there are at least more than last week. And there are a few I am actually interested in giving a spin. Those will be highlighted in Blue. There are a lot of Metal releases for those that like it a little bit harder than the rest. Hopefully there is something that will interest everyone. Let me know what you like or what I might have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Switchfoot – Native Tongue – (Fantasy Records): The Christian/Alternative band is back with their 11th Studio album. I came across the band back in 2003 with their 4th album ‘The Beautiful Letdown” and have been a fan since. They can be pop, rock and sometimes even a beachy California Surf feel, but they are always consistent and the songs have a great message or story. I love Jon Foreman’s voice and I usually find very little wrong with their music. Give them a try.
- Papa Roach – Who Do You Trust? – (Eleven Seven Records): After less than 2 years since their last release, ‘Crooked Teeth’, Papa Roach are storming back on the scene. I like it when bands don’t wait the obligatory 2-3 years for new music. The last one was great so hoping for more of the same.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 18th”
Welcome to the First Friday New Releases of the New Year!! I hope 2019 is full of musical joy all year long. Let’s kick it off with this first, very limited, batch of releases to get the year started. There is some pop, some country, some metal and alternative. Hopefully something for you. Unfortunately nothing is jumping out at me as have to have, but will probably try the Taking Back Sunday one as they are usually good. Let me know what you like or what I missed. Have a great weekend!!
- Taking Back Sunday – Twenty – (Concord Music Group): Celebrating 20 years together as a band, TBS is back with a greatest hits compilation with 19 great tracks and 2 brand new songs. Might be worth it just for those 2 new ones. Here is one of their first hits, give it a view & a listen.
- Soilwork – Verkligheten – (Nuclear Blast)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 11th”