Last week did not have a bunch of releases and this week isn’t that much better, but there are at least more than last week. And there are a few I am actually interested in giving a spin. Those will be highlighted in Blue. There are a lot of Metal releases for those that like it a little bit harder than the rest. Hopefully there is something that will interest everyone. Let me know what you like or what I might have missed. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Switchfoot – Native Tongue – (Fantasy Records): The Christian/Alternative band is back with their 11th Studio album. I came across the band back in 2003 with their 4th album ‘The Beautiful Letdown” and have been a fan since. They can be pop, rock and sometimes even a beachy California Surf feel, but they are always consistent and the songs have a great message or story. I love Jon Foreman’s voice and I usually find very little wrong with their music. Give them a try.
- Papa Roach – Who Do You Trust? – (Eleven Seven Records): After less than 2 years since their last release, ‘Crooked Teeth’, Papa Roach are storming back on the scene. I like it when bands don’t wait the obligatory 2-3 years for new music. The last one was great so hoping for more of the same.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 18th”
Welcome to the First Friday New Releases of the New Year!! I hope 2019 is full of musical joy all year long. Let’s kick it off with this first, very limited, batch of releases to get the year started. There is some pop, some country, some metal and alternative. Hopefully something for you. Unfortunately nothing is jumping out at me as have to have, but will probably try the Taking Back Sunday one as they are usually good. Let me know what you like or what I missed. Have a great weekend!!
- Taking Back Sunday – Twenty – (Concord Music Group): Celebrating 20 years together as a band, TBS is back with a greatest hits compilation with 19 great tracks and 2 brand new songs. Might be worth it just for those 2 new ones. Here is one of their first hits, give it a view & a listen.
- Soilwork – Verkligheten – (Nuclear Blast)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – January 11th”
Happy Friday and welcome to the last Friday New Releases for 2018…unless something shows up for the last 2 weeks that are worth showing, but right now…NOTHING! So enjoy it while you can and we will be back sometime in 2019 when we have new releases to report. There is really only one I am interested in and hopefully I will get it for Christmas (or Birthday…either works as same day). I have highlighted it in Blue…hint..hint. Let me know if there is something for you this week or something I missed.
Thanks and Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!!
- Jorn – 50 Years On Earth: The Anniversary – (Frontiers Records): Jorn Lande has had a rather productive solo career. Not all albums were perfect, but there is enough good stuff to make this more than worth it. All 12 solo albums in once package and at around $5 to $6 bucks a CD, not a bad price either. I love songs like Sunset Station and his cover of Kiss’ Naked City is fantastic. A voice like David Coverdale adds to my enjoyment. Check him out…
And that is it for me. Here are a few others that might be worth checking out…
- Bruce Springsteen – Springsteen on Broadway – (Bruce Springsteen)
- Within Temptation – Resist – (Vertigo Berlin)
- Volbeat – Let’s Boogie (Live from Telia Parken) – (Vertigo Berlin)
- We Three – We Three – (Palawan Productions)
- Zayn – Icarus Falls – (RCA Records)
Happy Friday. Welcome to December and we are ever closer to Christmas so the choices get more limited and I have to stop buying so my family has something to get me for Christmas (and my Birthday). This week there are a handful of releases and a lot of them live. I have highlighted in Blue those I might give a listen, but no promises. Let me know if there is anything for you or anything I missed. Have a great music Weekend!!
- Coldplay – Live in Buenos Aires – (Parlophone): I haven’t listened to Coldplay much at all lately, so not sure why I am interested in hearing this, but it it is calling me. I will give it a spin.
- Gotthard – Defrosted 2: Live – (Nuclear Blast): When Steve Lee was alive and the lead singer of Gotthard, I was a huge fan. I haven’t been since and it is no fault of the band, I just found Steve to be AMAZING! and it is hard to get back into the band now. The original Defrosted was great and I am willing to give this one a try out of respect for the band.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 7th”
The last Friday of November and Christmas is just around the corner which means one thing. Album releases start to become relatively scarce. You want to drop your album early enough that it makes it on people’s Christmas list, but not too late where no one will grab it as they have spent all their money already on Christmas presents. Now, there isn’t a whole lot I care about this week and in fact, there is only one. Some of the other might get a listen sooner or later. Have a great day and let me know what you are interested in hearing. Mine is in Blue.
- Def Leppard – The Story So Far – (Virgin EMI/Mercury): Def Leppard is bringing yet another greatest hits release. Just what we needed, right? Well….not really. However, that doesn’t stop me from buying it. I have it on pre-order for the vinyl so I can’t get the 7″ Single of their Depeche Mode cover of “Personal Jesus”. Yes, I am becoming a completist with Def Leppard. Anyway, this is a pretty complete greatest hits package and not a bad one to get if you don’t have on yet. Enjoy!!
- The 1975 – A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships – (Dirty Hit / Polydor / Interscope)
- Neil Young – Songs for Judy – (Shakey Pictures Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 30th”
Thanksgiving is over and it is now Black Friday! And for that reason, the new release set is limited..very limited. I almost skipped it as a result, but I didn’t…you are welcome. There are only 2releases I have on here and nothing I will run out and grab. Maybe something for you. I will keep it short and sweet…Have a great Friday and see you next Friday!
- Accept – Symphonic Terror: Live at Wacken 2017 – (Nuclear Blast)
- Rita Ora – Phoenix – (Atlantic Records)
Can you believe it is November already?? I find the years are flying by now and before this one is over, I will hit a major life milestone and I don’t know if I am ready for it. But before that happens, we have new music to get through. There is a lot here, but there isn’t at the same time. Hopefully you will find something. Me, there is nothing I am really running out to get. I will listen to some, but buying is a maybe to a No for most of this. The things I might listen to sooner than later are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing or what I might have missed this week. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- The Afters – The Beginning & Everything After – (Fair Trade Services): The Afters are a Christian pop/rock band. I enjoy them a lot and this is just a greatest hits album so I thought I would feature it for those that don’t know anything about them, this would be a good place to start. Here is the one new track on the album.
- Metallica – And Justice for All (Remastered) – (Blackened Recordings): Do I really need to add anything to this release. If you have $180 laying around you can the complete deluxe box set of 6LPs, 11CDs and 4 DVDs as who doesn’t need the same songs repeated over and over and over in different mixes, live versions, etc…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 2nd”
Happy Friday and welcome to the last Friday of October. Halloween is just around the corner, but sadly not much to scare up in the releases this week. There a couple I might check out and if I get in the early Christmas spirit, maybe the William Shatner Christmas album will get a spin…but seriously doubt it. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you, if anything, and let me know what I am missing out on this week. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- The Struts – Young&Dangerous – (Interscope): It has been a couple years since the Struts debut and they felt like they might the next big thing. But for me, the Jury is still out as they seem to be more of a novelty act than anything. The lead singer is a little over the top now and seems to be trying too hard to be something he really isn’t. I haven’t been overly excited of what I have heard so far, but I will give it a listen as they did interest me at one time. Man, I am really selling this one aren’t I!!!
- Boy George & Culture Club – Life – (BMG): Boy George is back and with Culture Club. That alone is enough to sell this one. I don’t know why, but this one interests me. I haven’t heard anything on it yet (not even the video posted below), but I want to hear it. It will get a spin mainly out of curiosity.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 26th”
Welcome to a HUGE Friday!!! There releases are massive and numerous. What more could you ask for. This is the first time in a very long time where I have 3 releases that are on order for the same day. I am going to love the mail man this week. The albums I am interested in are highlighted in Blue and the first 3 are the ones on order. Let me know what you looking forward to hearing and which ones I might have missed. Enjoy and have a great musical weekend! I know I will!!!
- Greta Van Fleet – Anthem of the Peaceful Man – (Republic Records): These young lads are constantly getting compared to Led Zeppelin and you know what? Who cares. Zeppelin isn’t putting out any new music so I am going to enjoy this. At least the young generation is still making Rock & Roll. This is their first Full Length studio album and I get wait to unwrap the vinyl.
- Whitesnake – Unzipped – (Rhino Records): 5 CDs and 1 DVD of Whitesnake Unplugged. 20 years worth of music including Starkers in Tokyo and Starkers in Warsaw, Paris, Germany and so much music. I can’t wait for this one either. It is going to be non-stop music.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 19th”
Welcome to October. Halloween decorations will start going up and Fall should be arriving soon…well I am in the South so I guess we don’t get Fall weather until Christmas. The new releases are still coming fast & furious (great title for a movie franchise…I wonder if it has been done). There are two releases from 2 of my favorite singer songwriters and there are just so many to choose you should be able to find something. My choices are in Blue. Let me know what interests your or I am missing anything so people will know.
- Matt Nathanson – Sings His Sad Heart – (Acrobat Records): Matt Nathanson, what can I say. He is one of my favorite Singer-Songwriters out there today. I have seen him live 3 times (all is an opener…I need to see him as a headliner). This album will be there when I get home on vinyl along with his Def Leppard Cover E.P. on vinyl as well. This will consume most of my listening this weekend. His lyrics are insightful at times, quirky, funny and sometimes damn near brilliant. I can’t say enough good things. Damn…I hope I haven’t built him up too much to disappoint…nah..can’t happen.
- Steve Perry – Traces – (Fantasy): The legendary Journey singer is back with his first album in over 20 years and I could not be more excited. I can’t say I am a huge fan of what I have heard so far, but that doesn’t matter. Any new music by this man is welcomed and will be listened to for time to come.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 5th”