Can you believe it is November already?? I find the years are flying by now and before this one is over, I will hit a major life milestone and I don’t know if I am ready for it. But before that happens, we have new music to get through. There is a lot here, but there isn’t at the same time. Hopefully you will find something. Me, there is nothing I am really running out to get. I will listen to some, but buying is a maybe to a No for most of this. The things I might listen to sooner than later are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing or what I might have missed this week. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- The Afters – The Beginning & Everything After – (Fair Trade Services): The Afters are a Christian pop/rock band. I enjoy them a lot and this is just a greatest hits album so I thought I would feature it for those that don’t know anything about them, this would be a good place to start. Here is the one new track on the album.
- Metallica – And Justice for All (Remastered) – (Blackened Recordings): Do I really need to add anything to this release. If you have $180 laying around you can the complete deluxe box set of 6LPs, 11CDs and 4 DVDs as who doesn’t need the same songs repeated over and over and over in different mixes, live versions, etc…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 2nd”
Happy Friday and welcome to the last Friday of October. Halloween is just around the corner, but sadly not much to scare up in the releases this week. There a couple I might check out and if I get in the early Christmas spirit, maybe the William Shatner Christmas album will get a spin…but seriously doubt it. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you, if anything, and let me know what I am missing out on this week. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- The Struts – Young&Dangerous – (Interscope): It has been a couple years since the Struts debut and they felt like they might the next big thing. But for me, the Jury is still out as they seem to be more of a novelty act than anything. The lead singer is a little over the top now and seems to be trying too hard to be something he really isn’t. I haven’t been overly excited of what I have heard so far, but I will give it a listen as they did interest me at one time. Man, I am really selling this one aren’t I!!!
- Boy George & Culture Club – Life – (BMG): Boy George is back and with Culture Club. That alone is enough to sell this one. I don’t know why, but this one interests me. I haven’t heard anything on it yet (not even the video posted below), but I want to hear it. It will get a spin mainly out of curiosity.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 26th”
Welcome to a HUGE Friday!!! There releases are massive and numerous. What more could you ask for. This is the first time in a very long time where I have 3 releases that are on order for the same day. I am going to love the mail man this week. The albums I am interested in are highlighted in Blue and the first 3 are the ones on order. Let me know what you looking forward to hearing and which ones I might have missed. Enjoy and have a great musical weekend! I know I will!!!
- Greta Van Fleet – Anthem of the Peaceful Man – (Republic Records): These young lads are constantly getting compared to Led Zeppelin and you know what? Who cares. Zeppelin isn’t putting out any new music so I am going to enjoy this. At least the young generation is still making Rock & Roll. This is their first Full Length studio album and I get wait to unwrap the vinyl.
- Whitesnake – Unzipped – (Rhino Records): 5 CDs and 1 DVD of Whitesnake Unplugged. 20 years worth of music including Starkers in Tokyo and Starkers in Warsaw, Paris, Germany and so much music. I can’t wait for this one either. It is going to be non-stop music.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 19th”
Welcome to October. Halloween decorations will start going up and Fall should be arriving soon…well I am in the South so I guess we don’t get Fall weather until Christmas. The new releases are still coming fast & furious (great title for a movie franchise…I wonder if it has been done). There are two releases from 2 of my favorite singer songwriters and there are just so many to choose you should be able to find something. My choices are in Blue. Let me know what interests your or I am missing anything so people will know.
- Matt Nathanson – Sings His Sad Heart – (Acrobat Records): Matt Nathanson, what can I say. He is one of my favorite Singer-Songwriters out there today. I have seen him live 3 times (all is an opener…I need to see him as a headliner). This album will be there when I get home on vinyl along with his Def Leppard Cover E.P. on vinyl as well. This will consume most of my listening this weekend. His lyrics are insightful at times, quirky, funny and sometimes damn near brilliant. I can’t say enough good things. Damn…I hope I haven’t built him up too much to disappoint…nah..can’t happen.
- Steve Perry – Traces – (Fantasy): The legendary Journey singer is back with his first album in over 20 years and I could not be more excited. I can’t say I am a huge fan of what I have heard so far, but that doesn’t matter. Any new music by this man is welcomed and will be listened to for time to come.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 5th”
Okay, sit back and get ready for a ton of new music today. There are an abundance of albums to choose from today so hopefully there is something for you. My tastes this week are all over the board from Rock to Country to Christian Pop to Alternative to Tony Bennett (he is a category all his own). My choices are in Blue. Let me know what does or doesn’t interest you and let me know what I missed. Happy listening and have a great weekend.
- Monster Truck – True Rockers – (Mascot Records): The band’s last album ‘Sittin’ Heavy’ was amazing and really got me into this band. The first song I heard on this one didn’t excite me, but this will probably be the first one I listen to this morning. Hopefully the rest of it packs a punch and gives me more of what I love from the band which is gritty and dirty straight up rock & roll.
- Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty – (Universal Music Group): Don’t judge me, I like Carrie Underwood. She is a guilty pleasure and I am not afraid to admit it. She has an incredible voice and her rendition of “How Great Thou Art” will move you to tears. Anyway, I am looking forward to another release by her so keep them coming Carrie.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 14th”
It is the first Friday of September and there is a long list of releases. Everyone starts putting out their new albums in the Fall and there are some big ones coming, but let us focus on today. The ones I am looking forward to are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to listen to and which ones I might have missed on the list. Thanks and have a great music weekend!!
- Alter Bridge – Live a the Royal Albert Hall (feat. the Parallax Orchestra) – (Napalm Records): I am surprised by another live record after last year’s release. That is ok. There are some different songs in the set list and a little orchestra along with it. I will give it a listen and then decide on buying.
- Lenny Kravitz – Raise Vibration – (Roxie Records): I have always loved Lenny so this is a no brainer to stream. His last few have been so-so so again I will stream it before I buy it. Just so you know, I don’t always do that as I do have 4 or 5 albums on pre-order without hearing a lick. Only a few bands get that special treatment.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 7th”
The last Friday of August and we go out with a little bang. Not a huge bang. September is going to be huge so get ready for the ton of new releases coming your way. There are a handful I am interested in this week and those will be highlighted in Blue as usual. Let me know what you want to hear or you are going to get. Leave me a comment because I always miss some good releases. I hope you have a great weekend and Happy Listening!!!
- The Veer Union – Decade II: Rock & Acoustic – (Rock Shop Entertainment): This is a greatest hits package with a heavy side and a softer, acoustic side. I have enjoyed Crispin Earl’s vocals (and only original member) so I will give this one spin. I was hoping for new music, but this will do for now. I will admit, I do like the cover of “Numb” by Linkin Park. That might be worth it all by itself.
- Alice Cooper – A Paranormal Evening at the Olympia Paris (Live) – (earMusic): I am hoping to see Alice here in Charlotte in October and this will be a great way to prep for his live show. Alice’s last studio album ‘Paranormal” was absolutely FANTASTIC!! His band is also awesome and live, it is one helluva a show. Can’t wait!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 31st”
Happy Friday and welcome to another new release list. And like most of August, it is not an extensive list and there is nothing I am just dying to have or listen to, but I will listen to a few. I am hoping September comes and saves me from the lack of stellar releases this month. The ones I am kinda interested in are highlighted in Blue, as usual. Let me know if there is anything you are interested in or if there is something I miss. If there isn’t much from newer artist I am sorry as I only really list things that I actually know about or have actually heard about the artists. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- Alice in Chains – Rainier Fog – (AIC Entertainment/BMG): The band’s sixth album and their third since the got back together after Layne’s death. I am not sure what to expect as I haven’t heard anything yet, but it will get a spin. And I think I heard that Chris DeGarmo appears on 1 song so I will want to hear that for sure.
- Third Eye Blind – Thanks for Everything – (Mega Collider): Third Eye Blind is back with a new E.P. Although not a full album, I will take new music from them. I really loved their first few albums and hope we can get a return to form with this one. The title of the song below is interesting.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 24th”
Happy Friday! or is it?? There is nothing that is tickling my fancy this week. Well maybe, the Yo Yo Ma, but that is really it. Hopefully there is something for you. Since there is nothing for me, I will leave you with at least videos for all of these so you can if it is something you like. Hopefully next week offers more. Let me know what interests you, if any, and let me know what I missed because maybe it will be something I like.
Have a great weekend!!
- Doro – Forever Warriors/Forever United – (Nuclear Blast)
- Ariana Grande – Sweetener – (Republic Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 17th”
As we get further into August things keep getting better. One more really, really busy week ahead at work and hopefully things can relax a little. To help me get over the stress, there are a handful of releases I am going to check out and maybe you will as well. I have highlighted my choices in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in and if I missed anything interesting (which J. will tell you I usually do!!)
- Rhett Walker Band – Rhett Walker Band EP – (Provident Label Group) – I really dig Rhett’s music. It is Christian rock with a little southern rock and blues thrown in. A great combination. Always powerful and thought provoking at times and all around a joy to listen to when you drop the needle (or push play on your phone…either way works). My only sadness is that it is an EP and not a full length album…hopefully soon.
- Jason Mraz – Know – (Atlantic Recordings): Jason Mraz finally releases a new album after 4 years…it seems much longer. The Mr. A to Z wordsmith has a way of writing that is unmatched. He can go pop, reggae, hip hop and anywhere he wants and it is always fun to follow along. High hopes for the new stuff as always.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 10th”