Welcome to another Friday of new releases. There is not a whole lot I am interested in and might give one or two a listen (highlighted in Blue) but still undecided. Next week will have more to offer. Hopefully there is something here for you. Since there isn’t many, I will leave some videos for a number of the artist so you can try them out.
- Nathan Angelo – A Matter of Time – (Nathan Angelo Music): Nathan Angelo is a singer/songwriter and more on the pop side. I have liked some of his older offerings, so if I am in the mood, I will throw this on and give it a spin.
- Steven Wilson – To The Bone – (SW Records): I am not familiar with Steven Wilson, but this song was good and has peaked my interest a little. Maybe I will play this one as well.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 18th”
Happy Friday! My busy season is just a couple weeks from being over and I can’t wait. I need some new music to get me through it, but it is a very weak week. Well, all except for one and it is highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something for you. Luckily I still have a few from last week to get through in more detail.
- Will Hoge – Anchors – (Bordello Records): One of my favorite singer/songwriters is Will Hoge and I love it when he puts out new music so I am super excited about this one. He is the man!! I think he is one of the best songwriters out there today and you must check him out. He is a little bit of rock, a little bit of country and a little bit of folk. He is a little bit of everything. I believe this is his 10th studio release if you count his two independent releases from early on in his career. He also has a bunch of E.P.s and Live albums.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 11th”
Thank goodness July is over. The Friday new releases were limited during July, but things start to pick up in a big way in August. There are some great ones coming out today to get your month started out just right. As I am in the midst of busy season at work, these releases will help get through it. Hopefully there is something for you. My picks are highlighted in Blue.
- DEF LEPPARD – 30th Anniversary Edition of HYSTERIA!!! – (Mercury): It is hard to believe it has been 30 years since this release. Amazing how time flies. This album sounds just as good now as it did back then. It is a classic. With songs like “Women”, “Animal”, “Armageddon It”, “Love Bites”, “Hysteria” and “Pour Some Sugar On Me”, you have the ultimate rock album. There is only one edition to buy for me and it is the full on edition with 5 CDs, 2 DVDs, a couple books and everything you would want. You have to get this!!!! I already have and it will be there when I get home from work.
- The Winery Dogs – Dog Years Live in Santiago & Beyond 2013-2016 – (Loud & Proud Records). Three outstanding musicians bring us their first live album. Richie Kotzen, Mike Portnoy and Billy Sheehan make up The Winery Dogs and I couldn’t be more excited to grab this. If you haven’t heard them, you are definitely missing out. Give this one a listen!! This should also be waiting on me when I get home!!!
- Kryptonite – Kryptonite – (Frontiers Records SRL): Frontiers Records has a way of bringing people together. This group brings Jakob Samuel (The Poodles), Pontus Egberg (Treat), Robban Back (Moustasch) and Mike Palace (Palace) together to form a sort of supergroup. I really love Jakob Samuel and The Poodles, so anything he does really peaks my interest. Heres to hoping for something special.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 4th”
Happy Friday. I am in a very busy season at work and I need some new music to listen to so I can make it through this time. Sadly, not a whole lot I am interested in this week. I hope there is something for you. Mine are highlighted in Blue…
- Mr. Big – Defying Gravity – (Frontiers Records Srl): Can’t wait to play this one. Mr. Big has been back in a “big” way since 2010. Now they do take 3-4 years between records, but it is better than the 9 years prior to that. Either way, it is just great to get new music from this very talented band of musicians. When ever you can have Paul Gilbert, Billy Sheenan, Pat Torpey and Eric Martin together, you have to be excited. The opening bass line of this song is unbelievable and has definitely got me excited about this one.
- Europe – The Final Countdown 30th Anniversary Show: Live at the Roundhouse – (Hell & Back Recordings): Say it isn’t so…30 years…REALLY!! Damn! I am getting old. If you don’t know, Europe has been doing their thing for all this time and I am happy to see a live album to celebrate The Final Countdown. This will definitely get a few spins. I didn’t see a video for this so might as well show “The Final Countdown”.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 21st”
It’s Friday!! And dang it has been hot! What is not hot is the lack of releases today. There are only 2 new ones I care about and 1 greatest hits package, other than that I don’t really see much I want to hear. The ones I want are highlighted in Blue.
- 12 Stones – Picture Perfect – (Cleopatra Records): After being absent for the last 5 years, 12 Stones bring us their 5th studio album. 12 Stones is a Christian Rock, Post-Grunge/Alternative band that started around 2000. Only two original members remain, but the new single “Picture Perfect” sounds promising. Give it a listen and then check them out.
- Lifehouse – Greatest Hits: One of my favorite bands to come along since 2000 and can basically do no wrong in my book…or at least haven’t yet. If you aren’t familiar with them than there is no better way to learn about them than a greatest hits package. All the hits are there. They are a pop/rock band and I am sure you have heard one of their songs before. If you like, the albums will be better as you can dive into their deep cuts which is where they really shine. I didn’t know which video to pick so I ended up with this great duet with Natasha Bedingfield
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 14th”
Happy Friday! For those of us in the States, we celebrated our Independence Day on July 4th and now it is time to celebrate Friday New Releases. Go grab a new album and let me know what you get. This Friday, there are not a ton of releases and only a couple I want to check out…they are highlighted in Blue. I hope you find something you like.
- Riverdogs – California – (Frontiers Records Srl): Def Leppard’s own Vivian Campbell and the other Riverdogs bring us their first new album in 6 years. They are blues based, hard rock band and they never disappoint. This will be the one I run to first and give it a listen.
- All 41 – World’s Best Hope – (Frontiers Records Srl): Frontiers Records is a great record company and they are known for bringing great artist together for a special project and this is no exception. The band has Terry Brock from Giant & Strangeways on lead vocals: Robert Berry from Three & Alliance on bass and lead vocals; Gary Pihl from Boston, Sammy Hagar & also Alliance on guitar; and lastly, Matt Starr from Ace Frehley’s band and Mr. Big on drums. I will give it a listen.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 7th”
It is the last Friday of June and I have vacation time coming my way. Not much coming out this week and thankfully that is the case as I won’t have time much over the next week to listen to anything. The ones I am curious about are highlighted in Blue. Hopefully you find something you like…if so, let me know.
- Stone Sour – Hydrograd – (Roadrunner Records): Corey Taylor (from Slipnot) and crew are back with their sixth studio album. Talk is this will be more of a straight up rock and roll record which I am not sure what that will mean, but we will see what their definition of a Rock & Roll record is. Looking forward to giving it a spin.
- Don Barnes – Ride the Storm – (MelodicRock Records): Don Barnes from .38 Special finally gets to release his solo album from 1989. Thanks to MelodicRock Records (& Melodicrock.com). I am eager to hear what we missed from so long ago. Apparently the album was never released due to the label (A&M Records) being sold. I don’t know if it got lost in the shuffle or it wasn’t good enough that the new company didn’t want to release it. We will soon find out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 30th”