Another great Friday with another huge selection of releases. However, the selections aren’t “huge’, if you know what I mean. There a handful I am interested in hearing, but nothing I am running out and buying. Streaming for me on these…unless one is so good it warrants a purchase. I wonder if I have gotten through all the ones from last week (I am writing this two weeks out) but I doubt it. Anyway, my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is anything I missed. Enjoy and have a great weekend!!
- Keane – Cause and Effect – (Island Records): Keane’s debut in 2004, ‘Hopes and Fears’ was fantastic and their second was pretty great as well. As a result, I do enjoy checking out anything they put out. Nothing has lived up to those two releases, but still find a golden nugget in each release and they hope is the same on this one. “Is It Any Wonder” why I would keep trying? Not really. Great English Pop.
- Slash with Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators – Living the Dream Tour (Live) – (Snakepit Records): Let’s see…Slash √…Myles Kennedy √…both of them together √…and Live √…I don’t think I need any other reasons to “check” this out do I.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 20th”
Welcome to Friday new releases on this Friday the 13th. And let me tell you this is a lucky Friday…no bad news here. There are an abundance of releases this week that I am excited about and it might be the best week in quite a long time or even all year. There are over 25 on this list and maybe 1/2 I am interested in at listening to once. How long is that going to take…it could be next September. My choices will be highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you see that you like and what I might be missing (could there be anything???). Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
The most important…
- The Defiants – Zokusho – (Frontiers Records): Man, I am super excited about this one. Paul Laine and the Danger Danger boys are back with their second release and if it is half as good as the debut, then we are in for a treat. The first 3 songs they have previewed are sensational!! So expectations are HIGH!! I don’t usually listen to songs that are previewed on albums I am anxious about, but I could wait. If you like 80’s brand rock with modern productions, you will be in for a treat.
- Tom Keifer – Rise – (Cleopatra Music): The voice of Cinderella is back with his 2nd solo album. His first was fantastic and nothing less is expected on this one. His blues rock and the gravely voice is just what the doctor ordered so grab a copy and crank it up. A great weekend is ahead.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 13th”
Summer is over and School is back in session, now we need some new music. Who am I kidding, I don’t need a reason to want new music. Every week is a good week for that. However, this week is a little limited on the releases. There are quite a few, but not a lot to excite my senses. There are a few I will check out and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Black Star Riders – Another State of Grace – (Nuclear Blast): Black Star Riders are back with their fourth studio release and I am eager to hear what is in store as well as a little apprehensive since Damon Johnson is no longer in the band. He was a big draw. I will keep an open mind and give it a try as Ricky is still on vocals and Scott is still there as well, but I hate they are only down to 2 of the 5 original members.
- Lindsey Stirling – Artemis – (LindseyStomp Records/BMG): This young lady plays one mean violin. I find her to be sensational and always entertaining and I don’t expect this to be any different. A couple vocal tracks on this one as well with guest Amy Lee and Elle King which should be incredible, but the highlight is always her playing. If you haven’t checked her out, do yourself a service and do so.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 6th”
We are at the end of August and are getting ready for some huge releases that will be coming in September and October. This week has a ton of releases, but none I am eager to run out and get although one everyone is talking about (but me – well I am talking about it, but I don’t really care). My choices are limited and highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing or if I missed anything as that is known to happen…frequently. Have a great week.
- Sons of Apollo – Live With the Plovdiv Psychotic Symphony – (Inside Out Music). Sons of Apollo are releasing a huge live album/DVD and I expect it will be awesome. How could it not with Jeff Scott Soto on vocals, Mike Portnoy on Drums, Billy Sheehan on Bass, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal on guitar and Derek Sherinian on keyboards. Their debut was spectacular and this will be nothing short of that. This will get played a lot!!
- Tool – Fear Inoculum – (Tool Dissectional/Voyage): Here is the album everyone is talking about. It has been 13 years since their last album and I am not sure if anyone thought they would do another album. This is going to be huge in the world of music. So why do I not care one bit. I have never found them to be anything special so maybe I am missing something. I will listen to see if this finally grabs me, but I am not expecting much as I liked nothing prior. Can someone please tell me why they are so liked…seriously, let me know.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 30th”
Happy Friday. Welcome to the new releases and I am sorry, but there are not a lot this week. Why? Because no one wants to go up against Taylor Swift. She will rule the world this week. That doesn’t mean I don’t have something because I do and it is going to kick some major ass. Sorry Swift, this will get played…yours won’t…except with my girls so I will hear it, but not by choice. What I will hear is in Blue. I hope there is something for you. Let me know what you like and if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- Crobot – Motherbrain – (Mascot Label Group): The boys from PA are back with their fourth studio album. If you like your hard rock with a little funk then come on over as you won’t be disappointed. This album is going on first thing this morning on the way to work…cranked as loud as I can take it. Each album has gotten better and I hope this one follows that trend.
- Taylor Swift – Lover – (Taylor Swift): Okay, I will have to listen to this and it is a really huge release so I will mention it. My prediction is that it won’t do as well as her previous releases as I think she has reached her peak a couple album ago. I am not saying it will be bad, I am saying we have probably heard it all before and she is rehashing old sounds. I think the days of Swift Superiority are coming to an end especially when you have fresh voices like Billie Eilish starting to rule the airwaves.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 23rd”
Another Friday of new releases. Not the best day for releases. There are not a bunch and not a bunch I am interested in either. Which is probably good as I am driving back from vacation today with my family and they won’t want to listen to anything I want anyway (unless they fall asleep and then I can play what I want). My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or if there is anything I missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- The Parlor Mob – Dark Hour – (Britannia Row Recordings): A hard rock band out of New Jersey that formed around 2004. It is modern hard rock and I have to admit I liked their first two albums so after a long break, the band is back after 8 years since the last full length album (3 years since an E.P.). I am interested to hear what they have to offer now after such a long break. I haven’t listened to anything yet so not sure what to expect, but if it is anything like ‘Dog’, I am in.
- King Gizzard & Lizard Wizard – Infest the Rats’ Nest – (Flightless Records): First up in my car this week will be the new one from this Experimental, Psychedelic Rock band who puts out more music than anyone. Hell a year or so ago they put out 5 albums in one year!! Who does that?? Always worth a spin so this one will get one first thing.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 16th”
Happy Friday!! Another work week behind us and new music weekend ahead of us. Does it get any better than that? Nope! This Friday, however, there are not a ton of releases (at least not that I am interested in. There is one I am anxious to hear and the rest…neh. There is one I will hear whether I want to or not thanks to my daughter and another I might listen to as I am not sure I get this band and see if this one changes my mind at all. MY choices are in Blue. Let me know what tickles your fancy or if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great Weekend!!
- Wilder Woods – Wilder Woods – (Atlantic Records): This is the only release I am excited about and have ordered the vinyl which hopefully will there when I get home from work!! Bear Rinehart, lead singer for one of all time favorite bands, Needtobreathe, has a side project called Wilder Woods. The music is different from Needtobreathe, but that voice is the same. It is another opportunity to explore something different and spread his wings of creativity. It is a little lighter at times and yet darker as well as he explores different sides of himself than what you would normally get. I can’t wait to explore this one.
- Slipknot – We Are Not Your Kind – (Roadrunner Records): Okay, here is a band I have never really listened to. A little heavier than I like or maybe a little stranger than I like. The mask, yeah whatever, the music, eeeh, but I might give it a listen to see what the hubbub is about. Don’t expect I will like this any more (or any less) then their other stuff.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 9th”
Summer is coming to end, but the heat is not. One week (and a day) until Kiss End of the Road Tour and hopefully something here will hold me over until then. Sadly, there isn’t much for my liking here this week. There are a few I will give a listen, but nothing I am buying or overly crazy about. Hopefully there is something for you this week. If so, let me know what it is and let me know if I missed something so I can check it out. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Skillet – Victorious – (Atlantic Records): Skillet is bringing us their 10th album and there sound has changed over the years from being heavily grunged influenced to an industrial rock sound to now a more hard rock sound. The songs now are anthems that come at you with force and usually a powerful message. They are a a Christian rock band who have crossed-over and are now delivering the message to people that don’t know they are getting something positive along with their rock. Great stuff.
- Tenth Avenue North – No Shame – (Provident Label Group): Another Christian band, but more on the lighter side with being pop melodies and great vocals. If you need something positive, but don’t want the heavy, this is for you. For those days I need a pick me-up, these guys can deliver.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 2nd”
July is almost over, but it isn’t going out before giving us one more week of new releases and there a quite a few, but only a few that I am really eager to hear and those that I will listen to when I have time. My choices will be marked in Blue. Tell me what you are looking forward to hearing or what I might have missed as it is known to happen. I hope there is something for your listening pleasure. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- Matt Nathanson – Postcards (from Chicago) E.P. – (Acrobat Records): Well if you follow this site, then you know this is a no-brainer for me. I have already ordered the 10″ Orange vinyl and not sure when I will get it, but the digital download was ready for me first thing this morning. Matt, and at times friends, are doing a 6 song E.P. of cover songs and the list is quite diverse from Chance the Rapper to Richard Marx to Cheap Trick. Last year or so he did another that was a complete Def Leppard covers E.P. which was Fan’freaking’tastic. So high hopes for this one.
- Soundgarden – Live at the Artists Den – (UMe): Soundgarden is releasing a live show from their 2013 Tour and it will be a full 29 song set and will remind us how great Chris Cornell was as a singer and a frontman. It will be available on Blue Ray, CD, LP and digital. Get the deluxe set to have it all.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 26th”
Things might finally start heating up. No, not the weather it has been pretty damn hot for awhile. I am talking about new releases. What has felt as a pretty lackluster year so far in new releases, maybe it is time for some good ones to start coming out. I have 2 this week, one of which is on pre-order and the vinyl should be there when I get home. My choices this week are marked in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if I missed anything. Have a great weekend!!!
- Scott Stapp – The Space Between the Shadows – (Napalm Records): The former lead singer of Creed and the very short stint with Art of Anarchy, Scott comes back with his third solo album. It has been 6 years since the sensational ‘Proof of Life’, so high expectations for me as that is a favorite. I have the vinyl on order and can’t wait to drop the needle. The opening single, “Purpose of Pain” is great so this should be another homerun.
- Through Fire – All Animal – (Sumerian Records): Justin McCain, lead singer of Emphatic, is on his second band and second album with Through Fire’s new album ‘All Animal’. The first was a heavy dose of rock that is right up my alley. Looking for more of the same and will be cranking this one up pretty damn loud!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 19th”