Okay, sit back and get ready for a ton of new music today. There are an abundance of albums to choose from today so hopefully there is something for you. My tastes this week are all over the board from Rock to Country to Christian Pop to Alternative to Tony Bennett (he is a category all his own). My choices are in Blue. Let me know what does or doesn’t interest you and let me know what I missed. Happy listening and have a great weekend.
- Monster Truck – True Rockers – (Mascot Records): The band’s last album ‘Sittin’ Heavy’ was amazing and really got me into this band. The first song I heard on this one didn’t excite me, but this will probably be the first one I listen to this morning. Hopefully the rest of it packs a punch and gives me more of what I love from the band which is gritty and dirty straight up rock & roll.
- Carrie Underwood – Cry Pretty – (Universal Music Group): Don’t judge me, I like Carrie Underwood. She is a guilty pleasure and I am not afraid to admit it. She has an incredible voice and her rendition of “How Great Thou Art” will move you to tears. Anyway, I am looking forward to another release by her so keep them coming Carrie.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 14th”
It is the first Friday of September and there is a long list of releases. Everyone starts putting out their new albums in the Fall and there are some big ones coming, but let us focus on today. The ones I am looking forward to are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to listen to and which ones I might have missed on the list. Thanks and have a great music weekend!!
- Alter Bridge – Live a the Royal Albert Hall (feat. the Parallax Orchestra) – (Napalm Records): I am surprised by another live record after last year’s release. That is ok. There are some different songs in the set list and a little orchestra along with it. I will give it a listen and then decide on buying.
- Lenny Kravitz – Raise Vibration – (Roxie Records): I have always loved Lenny so this is a no brainer to stream. His last few have been so-so so again I will stream it before I buy it. Just so you know, I don’t always do that as I do have 4 or 5 albums on pre-order without hearing a lick. Only a few bands get that special treatment.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 7th”
The last Friday of August and we go out with a little bang. Not a huge bang. September is going to be huge so get ready for the ton of new releases coming your way. There are a handful I am interested in this week and those will be highlighted in Blue as usual. Let me know what you want to hear or you are going to get. Leave me a comment because I always miss some good releases. I hope you have a great weekend and Happy Listening!!!
- The Veer Union – Decade II: Rock & Acoustic – (Rock Shop Entertainment): This is a greatest hits package with a heavy side and a softer, acoustic side. I have enjoyed Crispin Earl’s vocals (and only original member) so I will give this one spin. I was hoping for new music, but this will do for now. I will admit, I do like the cover of “Numb” by Linkin Park. That might be worth it all by itself.
- Alice Cooper – A Paranormal Evening at the Olympia Paris (Live) – (earMusic): I am hoping to see Alice here in Charlotte in October and this will be a great way to prep for his live show. Alice’s last studio album ‘Paranormal” was absolutely FANTASTIC!! His band is also awesome and live, it is one helluva a show. Can’t wait!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 31st”
Happy Friday and welcome to another new release list. And like most of August, it is not an extensive list and there is nothing I am just dying to have or listen to, but I will listen to a few. I am hoping September comes and saves me from the lack of stellar releases this month. The ones I am kinda interested in are highlighted in Blue, as usual. Let me know if there is anything you are interested in or if there is something I miss. If there isn’t much from newer artist I am sorry as I only really list things that I actually know about or have actually heard about the artists. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- Alice in Chains – Rainier Fog – (AIC Entertainment/BMG): The band’s sixth album and their third since the got back together after Layne’s death. I am not sure what to expect as I haven’t heard anything yet, but it will get a spin. And I think I heard that Chris DeGarmo appears on 1 song so I will want to hear that for sure.
- Third Eye Blind – Thanks for Everything – (Mega Collider): Third Eye Blind is back with a new E.P. Although not a full album, I will take new music from them. I really loved their first few albums and hope we can get a return to form with this one. The title of the song below is interesting.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 24th”
Happy Friday! or is it?? There is nothing that is tickling my fancy this week. Well maybe, the Yo Yo Ma, but that is really it. Hopefully there is something for you. Since there is nothing for me, I will leave you with at least videos for all of these so you can if it is something you like. Hopefully next week offers more. Let me know what interests you, if any, and let me know what I missed because maybe it will be something I like.
Have a great weekend!!
- Doro – Forever Warriors/Forever United – (Nuclear Blast)
- Ariana Grande – Sweetener – (Republic Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 17th”
As we get further into August things keep getting better. One more really, really busy week ahead at work and hopefully things can relax a little. To help me get over the stress, there are a handful of releases I am going to check out and maybe you will as well. I have highlighted my choices in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in and if I missed anything interesting (which J. will tell you I usually do!!)
- Rhett Walker Band – Rhett Walker Band EP – (Provident Label Group) – I really dig Rhett’s music. It is Christian rock with a little southern rock and blues thrown in. A great combination. Always powerful and thought provoking at times and all around a joy to listen to when you drop the needle (or push play on your phone…either way works). My only sadness is that it is an EP and not a full length album…hopefully soon.
- Jason Mraz – Know – (Atlantic Recordings): Jason Mraz finally releases a new album after 4 years…it seems much longer. The Mr. A to Z wordsmith has a way of writing that is unmatched. He can go pop, reggae, hip hop and anywhere he wants and it is always fun to follow along. High hopes for the new stuff as always.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 10th”
We are not into August. Summer is in full swing, but releases are not. Only a handful this week and nothing I am overly excited about, however, there a couple I will listen to as I listen to everything they put out…they will be highlighted in Blue (as usual). Let me know what you have a hankering for this week or if I missed anything. Enjoy and have a great weekend!!
- James – Living in Extraordinary Times – (BMG): James has been around since 1982 and have been solid all along so I will give it a listen for that reason. I am not ready to run out and buy anything, but a good stream will suffice nicely.
- Phil Wickham – Living Hope – (Phil Wickham): This Christian singer has one heckuva voice and always has some standout tracks on his releases so of course this one will be played. Always happy to fly his flag when he puts something out and this will be no different. Give him a try!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 3rd”
Finally! A week with a few releases I am actually interested in. There is still not a ton of releases, but hopefully something you like. My choices are highlighted in Blue. At work, I am in the middle of budget season and my time is limited, but I will find time for a few of these selections. Let me know what I missed and what you are interested in listening to this week. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Dee Snider – For the Love of Metal – (Napalm Records): Dee Snider’s last release, We Are the Ones, was exceptional. This one is supposed to be harder and better so we will be popping it on first on the way to work. Let’s hope another great album has been made. If the below song is any indication, it will be.
- Halestorm – Vicious – (Atlantic Record): Lzzy Hale and the boys are back in full force. It feels like it has been ages since new music, but it has only been 3 years since the last album and a little over a year since the last E.P., but that is too long for me. When this band turns it up, watch out, they will blow your ears off and this sounds like it will do just that.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 27th”
Wow! What a crappy week for releases. Not in what is being released, but the lack of releases. There isn’t much to choose from. I hope there is something for you, but it is slim pickin’s. Have a great weekend!! I will at least stick a music video with them if there is one so you can check them out.
- Rick Astley – Beautiful Life – (BMG Music): Ok, I am a little interested in checking this one out, I will admit it. And I just noticed this got bumped up and released last week…sorry about that.
- Powerwolf – Sacrament of Sin – (Napalm Records)
- Paul Carrack – These Days – (Carrack UK)
- Al Di Meola – Elegant Gypsy & More (LIVE) – (Earmusic)
Are things heating up where you live? They are here. Damn it has been hot! Sadly, the music this week is not really…hot. There is not a whole heckuva lot screaming at me, but I am sure I will get to some of it eventually. Maybe a good time to play catchup on releases from earlier in the year that I missed. I do have one I want and it is highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or what I missed on the list.
- Needtobreathe – Forever on your Side: Niles City Sound Sessions – (Atlantic): A four song E.P. from Needtobreathe is always welcome. Anything new from these guys is welcome. One of my favorite bands and this one is music created from their time spent at Niles City. Here is what they say about it…”Forever On Your Side (Niles City Sound Sessions) was recorded with the producer trio Niles City Sound (Leon Bridges) out of their studio in Ft. Worth, TX. The 4-track collection of songs and collaboration represents a creative leap for the band, who usually self-records and produces out of their home studio, Plantation Studios, in Summerville, SC.” I have the 10″ Pink Vinyl on order and sadly won’t arrive until the end of September so for now I will stream or grab the CD. Oh yeah, my wife and I have a date night to see Needtobreathe in August. Yes…I am a fan.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 13th”