Things are starting to heat up and I’m not just talking about the temperature. The rock and metal are in abundance this week and then Rufus classes things up as well. I hope there is something for you this week. For me, there is nothing I am running out and buying just yet, but a lot I want to hear before I decide on parting with my cash. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might’ve missed as I do miss some every week.
- Tokyo Motor Fist – Lions – (Frontiers Records): The band’s second album and a must have for fans of Danger Danger as Ted Poley is the singer and Trixter as Steve Brown is on guitar. The rhythm section is no slouch either with Greg Smith and Chuck Burgi. I feel I didn’t spend enough time with the last one but I want to make up with that on this one. Also, great album cover!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 10, 2020”
- Enuff Z’nuff – Brainwashed Generation – (Frontiers Records): Another 80’s band still going strong. For that, I am interested in hearing this one just to hear what they have to say so many years later.
Happy July 4th Weekend. Man, this country needs to celebrate something because right now, there hasn’t been much worth celebrating. This country is more fractured than ever, hopefully the rise of protests will actually bring some much needed and long overdue change. We will see. Anyway, back to the music. There aren’t many releases this week because usually releasing around a holiday isn’t good for sales, but no one told these artists. There is only one I am actually interested in (in Blue) and hopefully there is something for you. Tell me what you want to hear and what I missed. Thanks and have a great weekend!!
- Trapt – Shadow Work – (Crash Collide): This California based rock band is back on their 8th album and I have followed them off and on through all their line-up changes and they still have the lead singer and bass player as original members which I am good with. It is solid, modern rock and something great to have on when I need something a little heavy. Looking foward to see what they bring to the table this time around after 4 years since the last one.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 3, 2020”
- Willie Nelson – First Rose of Spring – (Sony Music): Willie is back!! That is enough for me. I might get around to this one when I have time as he as earned that.
I can’t believe June is now over. When the Covid-19 stay at home orders started, the days creeped on by and first and then when we got in to a routine, they started flying and now we are over 3 months later and time seems to be going faster. At least we aren’t on stay at home orders anymore. Enough babble, we have to get to the main point of this post…the new releases that are out. There are not a lot of choices today as Covid strikes again with several releases being moved til later (thank you Kansas and Neon Trees). I’m really only interested in one and curious in another. There are in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if I missed anything that should be noted. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Will Hoge – Tiny Little Movies – (Edlo Records / Thirty Tigers): I discovered Will on his second album back in 2003 and was instantly blown away. He has certainly grown since then and is one hell of a story teller. His protest songs are amazing and the musicianship is outstanding as well. Basically, he can do no wrong. Any new music from him is welcomed with open ears!! If you like country flavors with a little rock and folk, then grab this one now. This ain’t your bro-country and thank God for that!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 26, 2020”
- Grey Daze – Amends – (Loma Vista / Concord Records): Chester Bennington is back from beyond. This was a project of Chester and I believe it was his first band. They were able to finish the album with Chester’s vocals and I have liked what I’ve heard so far. He is missed!!
Welcome back, you made it through another week and you should be proud as who knows what the world threw at us this week as each week it seems to be something worse than the last. But at least the world is giving us some new music and that makes it all better. There are a handful of new music I am looking forward to getting and those are marked in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in, if anything, and tell me what I missed. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
- Whitesnake – The ROCK Album (2020 Remix) – (Saltburn / Rhino): In the first of 3 albums in a new series by Whitesnake, the Rock album is a bunch of remixes of old songs with one new one I believe. The other two will be out later in the year and in to next year are The Love Album and The Blues Album. I am glad the Rock starts it all off. This will finish up my David Coverdale Review series nicely until the other albums come out that is.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 19th, 2020”
- Switchfoot – Covers E.P. – (Fantasy Records / Concord): Ah, I love me some Switchfoot and although not an album of new material, we get a small collection of cover songs. At least these aren’t your standard fare. You get a cover from Frank Ocean, The Chainsmokers, Vampire Weekend and more. Should be interesting.
Welcome to Friday…you made it! Another week in the books and for your reward, here are a bunch of new releases for your listening pleasure. It is Frontier Records monthly release so there are at least 5 from that label alone. You get a lot of rock this week and even a little Norah and who doesn’t want that. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to hearing and what I may have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!
- House of Lords – New World…New Eyes – (Frontiers Records): I have been following House of Lords since their debut in 1988 thanks to Gene Simmons. Gene produced their first album and now here we are 32 years and 12 albums later and they are still going strong. Can’t wait to see what they have to offer…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 12th, 2020”
- BPMD – American Made – (Napalm Records): A heavy metal supergroup featuring from Overkill vocalist Bobby “Blitz” Ellsworth, Vio-lence and former Machine Head guitarist Phil Demmel, and two members of Metal Allegiance–bassist Mark Menghi and drummer Mike Portnoy. Dang, not bad. Portnoy has to be the busiest man in music history. The number of albums and bands he is in is absolutely insane. The man can’t sit still.
There was a big week last week and this week was much bigger than it wound up as a lot of releases were moved due to Covid-19. What you do have is a limited selection and some cool stuff though I not much I want to check out. My choice is highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are digging and what I might’ve missed as it does happen. Thanks for stopping by and have a Great Weekend!!
- The Sword – Conquest of Kingdoms – (Craft Recordings / Concord): The Sword are bringing 2 releases in very close proximity. First up is this compilation of live songs and some rare oddities. The other is a greatest hits compilation coming on June 19th with more rare songs. This release today is digital only, but the physical product will also be on the 19th. Here is a Kiss cover of “She”.
And the rest…
- Emery – White Line Fever – (BC Music)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 5th”
FINALLY!! A Massive Week of new releases. I mean this is the biggest week since this whole Corona outbreak started and thank goodness. We need this!! There a lot on my list this week…a whole lot. They are highlighted in Blue as usual. What interests you, what did I miss, what what what??? Please let me know. I hope you have a great weekend and you know what I’ll be doing!!! Thanks for stopping by.
- Def Leppard – Hits Vegas (Live) – (Bludgeon Riffola Ltd): Def Leppard has two out this week…that is right…TWO!! You can also get it as one BluRay or DVD set that has both albums on CD and in Video format which I have the BluRay version coming to me. This is the disc I am more excited about, the Vegas Residency Show as they tend to play a lot of DEEP DEEP CUTS and that is what the collector in me wants.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 29th”
- Def Leppard – Hysteria at the O2 (Live) – Bludgeon Riffola Ltd): Release #2 is for the London gig where they played the Hysteria album in its entirety which I already have from the Viva! Hysteria Vegas show years back, but the completist in me has to have this one too.
The second Friday in to May and more bands have moved their releases to later in the year. Covid-19 is taking its toll on music for sure. That doesn’t mean there aren’t any brave artists still willing to dare release an able in these times. I salute you and since there is been so little out the last few weeks, I am will to try a few this week. I will highlight those in Blue as usual. Let me know what interests you and what I missed this week. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Butch Walker – American Love Story – (Ruby Red Records): Singer/Songwriter/Rocker/Producer – jack of all trades, Butch is back with another solo album. His resume is pretty impressive and I think he had been working with Matt Nathanson lately, who I love, so Butch will get a listen.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 8th”
- Fake Names – Fake Names – (Epitath): Punk rock supergroup Fake Names – which includes Brian Baker (Minor Threat, Dag Nasty, Bad Religion), Michael Hampton (S.O.A., Embrace, One Last Wish), Dennis Lyxzén (Refused, International Noise Conspiracy, INVSN), and Johnny Temple (Girls Against Boys, Soulside)…yeah, this line-up is worth a spin.
We are now in May, I’m still working from home and we are still on the social distancing kick…which is all a good thing until this thing gets better. The really good news is there are a lot of releases this week…ok, not really. A month or so ago, that would’ve been true. There have been at least 10 that were on the list that are now moved until later in the year. That is too bad. As a result, I hope there is something here for you. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to hearing or what I missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. Stay Safe!!
- Mike Tramp – Second Time Around – (Deko / Target Records): Mike Tramp has been putting out the albums lately. That voice sounds aged and wiser and ever since White Lion and Freak of Nature, I have followed his career so why would I not throw this on for good measure.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 1st”
- Jack Russell’s Great White – Once Bitten Acoustic Bytes – (Deadline Music / Cleopatra): I don’t know if I am interested in this because I think it is going to be good or that I think it is going to be really bad. Either way, I might try and sit through this. His last album was pretty good, but it still isn’t the same as it used to be. We will leave judgment until I hear it all.
The times are crazy and all we have to look forward to is either President Trumps daily Covid 19 updates or music new releases. For me, it is the music new releases otherwise I would be writing about Trump. This week though, there is nothing for me I am really interested in. There are a handful of releases as a lot of artist have been delaying their releases for some reason. I hope there is something in here for you. Stay Safe!! And have a great weekend.
- Soul Asylum – Hurry Up and Wait – (Blue Elan Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 17th”
- Incubus – Trust Fall (Side B) E.P. – (Incubus)