Welcome to the last Friday of May. Work is really busy right now and I need something to take my mind off of it. Thank goodness it is Memorial Day Weekend and we get Monday off. I need it. There are several releases I will be checking out this weekend and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you will be getting or whatever might peak your interest. Have a great weekend!!
- Shawn Mendes – Shawn Mendes – (Island Records): Shawn Mendes will be played constantly in my house this weekend and for weeks to come as I have two daughters who love him, one daughter a little too much…I swear a restraining order is in her future. Anyway, I have heard a couple songs and I have to say that “In My Blood” is a rather spectacular song. If there are any more like this one on the album, it will probably be great.
- Hoobastank – Push Pull – (Napalm Records): Here is a name I haven’t heard in years. Six years to be exact. It has been that long since their last album and honestly I haven’t followed them in quite a long time. No better time then the present to revisit the band. Haven’t heard anything yet so it will be interesting to see what they still have to offer.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 25th”
Happy Friday. Not a ton of releases that have caught my attention this week. There are two that I will be diving in to and they are at opposite ends of the spectrum for sure. There are a couple more I will try out eventually, but the first two will get most of my attention. All the releases I will be checking out are highlighted in Blue. Take a look around and see what else you might like and let me know in the comments. If you want to see all the new releases coming in the universe over the next several weeks (or months), CLICK HERE.
- James Bay – Electric Light – (Republic Records): Finally, the super talented James Bay is back with his sophomore release. Is the sophomore jinx in place or not, we will have to hear it first to decide. I have heard three singles so far and the first was completely different than his last album which can be good and bad as you don’t necessarily want to alienate the fans you built off that sound. The next two were a little more in the wheelhouse we expect. He is a great songwriter, singer and guitar player so we will check this out. In the meantime, have a glass of “Pink Lemonade”
- Five Finger Death Punch – And Justice for None – (Prospect Park): Now for the other end of the spectrum, there is Five Finger Death Punch. The music is just that, a death punch to the face. Every now and again, I like it hard and I like it loud and this is exactly what I need right now. So prepare your ears to be decimated.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 18th”
May is kicking in to high gear. The temperature is heating up and so is the music. There are only a few I am interested in this week, but there is plenty to get you moving this weekend. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what tickles your fancy and if I missed anything (which I know I did). Take a look and have a great weekend!!!
- RSO (Richie Sambora & Orianthi) – Radio Free America – (BMG): The first full length album from Richie Sambora & Orianthi. Well, it isn’t really completely new as they have had 2 EPs and a couble singles which are all included. The only new songs are only “Blues Won’t Leave Me Alone” and “Hellbound Train”. I have mixed feelings on the EPs, but let’s see how they play as a full length album.
- Arctic Monkeys – Tranquility Base Hotel & Casino – (Domino Recording): Arctic Monkeys are back with their first album in five years. It has been a while, but I am eager to hear if any of the magic is back. They haven’t disappointed me yet…or at least very little. Here is a snippet…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 11th”
Happy Friday and May the 4th Be With You!! Yes, I went there on Star Wars Day!! There aren’t a ton of releases but a few I am excited about. I will highlight those in Blue as usual. Go through and let me know what you like or what I might have missed. I hope you enjoy and have a great weekend.
- Shinedown – Attention Attention – (Atlantic Recording): The main one I want to hear is the new Shinedown album. The song “Devil” was freaking awesome and I love the whole idea of loose concept album. It isn’t a full on concept album, but the songs will take you on a journey of a person who is starting in a very dark, ominous place and take you all the way through to the other side where this person is done battling his mind and his issues and coming out a changed person. Check out “Devil” and then get this album.
- Mat Kearney – CRAZYTALK – (Tomorrow Music): Mat Kearney is one of the finer singer/songwriters out there and he never gets enough credit. He has some great pop sensibilities, but takes risk and tries new things. I don’t like to listen to his albums ahead of time, I like to be surprised and I hope this will bring many.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 4th”
Welcome to the last Friday of April and the new music releases. There isn’t a ton, but there should be something for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Take a look through and let me know what you are interested in or what I might have missed. Have a great weekend!!
- Sanctus Real – Changed – (Framework Records): Sanctus Real are one of the few Christian bands I still follow. They are consistently great and there are always some gems on each album. They are more pop than rock, but just as good as anything on the radio. Now, here is the twist. The lead singer of the band, Matt Hammitt, has left the band and so they have a new singer. I am going to try this one out, but not sure how much I will dig it as it was Matt’s vocals that always drew me in. He was also the principal songwriter. We will see, but hopes aren’t high.
- Anthrax – Kings Among Scotland – (Megaforce Records): A Live DVD and CD that was recorded last year. It is Anthrax, of course it is going to get a spin or two. Plus, the album is a shout out to Kiss’ Rock & Roll Over cover! Not much else to say on this.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 27th”
Welcome to another Friday of new music releases. There are a handful of good ones that are coming out and I will highlight the ones I want in Blue. Take a look through and check them out and see what else you want to get this week or what I missed. Whatever you do, support the bands you like. Enjoy!!
- Stryper – God Damn Evil – (Frontiers Records): The first single off this release, “Take it to the Cross” was a shock to the system. It was more thrash than the normal Stryper music, but it was awesome. The second single, “Sorry” was more of what you expect. Either way, they have me excited about this release and can’t wait to check it out.
- Black Stone Cherry – Family Tree – (Mascot Records): Black Stone Cherry have been releasing albums every 2-3 years and they are right on schedule with this one. I love their Southern Rock/Metal sound and they haven’t missed a beat with this one. Looking forward to hearing the rest. Looks like it is going to be a heavy week.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 20th”
Welcome to a pretty slow week. Only one I am interested in this week and there aren’t a ton of others coming out. Hopefully next week will bring us more. However, it might be a good week to catch up on earlier releases as I am sure that is what I will be doing. My choices are in Blue. Let me know if there is anything you are interested in as well.
- Breaking Benjamin – Ember – (Hollywood Records): We thought the band was over in 2009, but it returned in 2015 although it wasn’t the original band, just the singer. Didn’t matter, it was the singer I always liked so glad to hear some new music from him. This time the new band was involved in the writing so hopefully will add a new layer to the band. We will see…or hear I guess.
- Metallica – The $5.98 EP: Garage Days Re-Revisited – (Blackened Recordings):
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 13th”
It is already April and I can’t believe how fast time flies. We just got back from New York City for a family vacation and what a great time we had. I love that city!! Now, what do we have new this week you might ask. Well, we have a lot of different things, Metal, Rock, Southern Rock, Pop, Christian and so much more. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want, if anything.
- The Dead Daisies – Burn It Down – (Spitfire Music): John Corabi and boys are back with yet another Dead Daisies release. They are pumping out the music and thankfully so. Since Corabi came on board, I have really loved these guys. And coming of Corabi’s recent Live album playing his one Motley Cure album in its entirety, I am ready for some more.
- Thirty Seconds to Mars – The New Album – (Interscope): Jared Leto and company are finally returning with some new music. He shares his time between movies and music and although I like his movies, he is one of the few actors that actually has some musical chops and Thirty Seconds to Mars rarely disappoints. Looking forward to this one as I have loved the first song and here it is…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 6th”
Is it the end of March already? There have been so many great releases this month that I am almost wore out. I said almost! There are several more releases I need to hear before the month ends and those are highlighted in Blue. This week there is Hard Rock, Metal, Country, Pop and maybe a little for everyone. Let me know what you want to get a hold of and listen to constantly. Have a great weekend.
- Red Sun Rising – Thread – (New Razor & Tie): Red Sun Rising are on their 2nd Studio album (not including 2 independent releases). The first one was a surprise discovery for me. It flew under the radar but struck a chord and now I am glad they are back for some more. They are a hard rock/post-grunge style band that just deliver the goods. Check them out.
- Rob Zombie – Astro-Creep: 2000 Love Songs of Love, Destruction And Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head – (Universal Music): Rob Zombie and a live album! That is really all I need to say. I don’t always like everything they put out on a studio album, but a live album captures are all the classic Zombie sound and with John 5 and band at his side, you can expect sheer perfection in sound. This one needs to get turned up as loud as it will go. I didn’t find a video release yet promoting this album…sorry.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 30th”
Happy Friday! Of course, all Friday’s are happy. The last day of the work week and new album releases. What could be better…maybe everyday being a Friday. There are a handful of albums this week for me and one was on pre-order and should be at my door when I get home from work…yes, it will be a great Friday. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in or if I missed anything which happens all the time. Have a great weekend and enjoy any new music you pick up.
- W.E.T. – Earthrage – (Frontiers Records): Jeff Scott Soto is a busy man between his solo album, Sons of Apollo and now a new W.E.T. album. And it has been too long since the last one, 5 years I believe since the last studio album and that is way too long. Jeff’s vocals are what keep me coming back to everything he releases. With W.E.T., he teams up with Erik Martensson and Robert Sall to form this sensational trio. The bands this trio is from makes up the name…Work of Art, Eclipse & Talisman…all three great bands in their own right. If this first song is what we can expect, hold on tight!! Check them out!
- Kip Winger – Solo Box Set Collection – (Frontiers Records): Kip Winger is such an underrated talent…well at least he used to be. He is now a Classical Composer (Grammy nominated I think)…pretty cool! This set is a collection of all his solo works (it isn’t classical music though). We get 5 CDs, the 3 solo albums, an acoustic album (with Winger songs included) and some rare demos and an unreleased track. Pretty damn fine set of music and worth picking up. This is what I have on pre-order and should keep me busy for awhile!! Here is the collections trailer…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 23rd”