The closer we get to Christmas, the fewer good new releases coming out. That doesn’t mean that aren’t any, just fewer to choose from. For me this week, there are only two Live albums I am interested in hearing and they are highlighted in Blue. Let me know if there is anything you see that you like. Have a great day!!
- Collective Soul – Live – (Suretone Records): One of my favorite bands from the 90’s and from Georgia. I have followed them since their first single “Shine” way back in 1993 and they haven’t disappointed me ever!! I am looking forward to a live album as I don’t have one of those in my collection for them.
- Deep Purple – The Infinite Live Recordings, Vol. 1 – (earMusic): Deep Purple has been killing it this past year with a new album and so many treats associated with that new album. Now we have a live album as well. That is all I need to hear. Thanks and turn it up!!
- Circus of Power – Four – (Noize in the Attic)
- Story of the Year – Wolves – (Story of the Year)
- Culture Club – Live at Wembley World Tour 2016 – (Cleopatra Music)
- Luke Bryan – What Makes You Country – (Capitol Records)
- Walker Hayes – boom. – (Monument Records)
- Belle and Sebastian – How to Solve Our Human Problems Part 1 E.P. – (Matador)
We are now in December and only 24 more days until Christmas. Here are some great gifts to give…new album releases!!! There is a wide variety of music this week so there might be something for everyone today. My picks are highlighted in Blue. What do you see that you like and want to get from Santa??? Let me know. Also, if you want to purchase an album, you can easily click on the link below the album and it will take you straight to iTunes.
- Chris Stapleton – From A Room: Volume 2 – (Mercury Nashville): I am so glad there is a Volume 2 because ‘From A Room: Volume 1’ was sensational. I am looking forward to what he taps into for this one because if it is anything like the outlaw country / southern rock vibe of the first one, you will be in for a treat.
- Down ‘N Outz – The Further Live Adventures of… – (Frontier Records): Joe Elliott from Def Leppard returns with his side project that celebrates the music of Mott the Hoople, British Lions & Ian Hunter. This time it is a live concert and another reminder of how great their music was. It deserves to be celebrated. As a Joe fan, no brainer for me.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 1st”
It is Black Friday!!! As a result, a lot of bands don’t release albums the day after Thanksgiving. However we do have a few coming out…one studio release I might give a listen, one anniversary release, a couple live and a greatest hits (of ballads). Hopefully there is something for you. Have a great day and don’t shop too much!!! My choices are highlighted in Blue.
- Queen – News of the World 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe: The biggest release today is the 40th Anniversary Edition of News of the World. This looks great and I would get it, but it is pretty pricey and might be out of my reach for awhile. The album features the classics “We Will Rock You” and “We are the Champions” so it is a must for anyone’s collection…if you can afford it. The Super Deluxe is $128…ouch!! If it is streamable, I will listen to it there first.
- Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds – Who Built the Moon? – (Caroline): Oh the Gallagher Brothers…First Liam has a new album and now Noel. Since no more Oasis, I will take what I can get from each. Liam’s album was surprisingly good…I hope this will be just as surprising (even with the girl playing scissors on stage) and just as good.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 24th”
Happy Friday! Next week is Thanksgiving here in the States and sadly, there isn’t a ton to be thankful for on this week’s releases except for the few new live releases from Iron Maiden, Jeff Lyne’s ELO and Black Sabbath. Outside of that, I don’t really care too much. I might give some a listen, but got get through these live albums first. My choices are highlighted in Blue! Let me know if anything tickles your fancy.
- Iron Maiden – The Book of Souls: The Live Chapter – (Iron Maiden LLP): Of course any Iron Maiden live album is a welcome sight and this one is no different. This will probably be first up on the drive in to work. I know several of my loyal followers will be devouring this one as well. You know who you are!!
- Black Sabbath – The End – (Eagle Rock Entertainment): The Final Black Sabbath show was captured and now being released. Not surprising that they are coming to an end, amazingly they lasted as long as they did. I am interested to see how this show turned out and bid a final farewell to this icon of metal music. For that alone, it is worth a spin!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 17th”
Welcome to another Friday New Releases and this week is a biggie. Why? Because Taylor is finally releasing her long awaited new album. I put it at the top because it will be the most played album in our house (I have two girls that love her). But don’t fret! There is plenty of other releases for everyone. I have a ton of rock records that I can’t wait to spin and they are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something for you. Enjoy!
- Taylor Swift – Reputation – (Big Machine): Get ready because the old Taylor is DEAD!! This is a new Taylor Swift and from what I have heard so far, I would agree. Taylor is reinventing herself now with each new release and I don’t see it as a bad thing. At least for me, the new songs are more interesting than the prior songs. I actually might like this new direction. We will see as I will definitely hear it enough to become familiar with it.
- Sweet & Lynch – Unified – (Frontiers Records): Now here is where I will begin. Michael Sweet & George Lynch were brought together by Frontiers Records as one of their special projects and usually they end up as a one time deal, thankfully, this one is not. We are now given a second release and they are touring. Maybe this will last a little while. I always need more rock & roll.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 10th”
Can you believe we are in November already. Christmas is just around the corner and with all the new releases today, what might be on your Christmas list? I don’t really have anything from these releases that I am dying to have, but there are a couple I will give a listen to. Not much in the rock world for me, it is all Pop. The ones I am interested in at least listening to are highlighted in Blue as always.
If you want to buy any of the albums, I have tried to make it easy for you. Click on the link after each album and it will take you to iTunes and you can download the release with just a few clicks.
- Maroon 5 – Red Pill Blues – (222 Records/Interscope): Maroon 5 brings us another record, but with the over saturation of Adam Levine on TV with the Voice and the lack of greatness from the singles so far I am not overly excited. However, I have been a huge fan since the beginning so it will get listened to. I hope there are songs that only feature the band. I am sick and DAMN!!! Tired of the releases for this album so far that feature another artist. Why do songs today on Pop Radio have to be with someone else. I don’t get and this is a topic for another time. I do like “Cold” though.
- Sam Smith – The Thrill of It All – (Capitol Records): Finally the voice of Sam Smith is back with some new music. I know my oldest loves him and I have to admit he has a nice voice. I will give it a spin and see what he has to offer. The first two promotional songs have been good.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 3rd”
Welcome to the last Friday of October and the last set of new releases for the month. Halloween is coming up in a few days and maybe there is something on here that will be a treat for you…or maybe you buy it, it sucks and then it is a trick…either way I hope there is something for you. The ones I am interested in are highlight in Blue.
- Stereophonics – Scream Above the Sounds – (Stereophonics / Parlophone): These Welsh boys are back with another new album. After 20 years together, they haven’t missed a beat. They are on a steady diet of one new album every two years and without fail, he were are with their latest. If you don’t know them, check them out and see why they are top of my list this week.
- Red – Gone – (Provident Label Group): This Christian metal band is straying from their Christian roots with this album and delivering a mainstream rock record. They even do a Sia cover on the album. This could be interesting. I will definitely cue this one up as well,
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 27th”
October is flying by and there are a bunch of new ones available this week…even Christmas albums if you are so inclined. There are some brand new bands, some old favorites and some fabulous reissues/deluxe editions. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know which ones you are interested in with a comment below. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- Sons of Apollo – Pyschotic Symphony – (Inside Out Music): Another supergroup and another one featuring Billy Sheehan and Mike Portnoy. If you liked in The Winery Dogs, this is not the Winery Dogs. This is a much heavier band with Jeff Scott Soto on lead vocals rather than Richie Kotzen. Also on the record is Bumblefoot on guitar and Derek Sherinian that make this a massive group with a massive sound. Can’t wait to dive into this one.
- Europe – Walk the Earth – (Silver Lining Music): Europe is still putting out quality albums after 35+ years in the business. The took most of the 90’s off, but came roar back in the 2000’s and have been non-stop ever since. I have held off from listening to anything on this one yet as I want to take it in all at once.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 20th”
Here we are on another Friday and another week of great releases. But before I get into that I just noticed that this is my 400th post since I started. Crazy to think it I have been able to think of that many things to write about and that people still come to check out the site. Pretty cool.
Okay back to the post…If you like rock, there is a plethora of new music. There is probably a little something for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking to pick up. I hope you find something. Have a great weekend.
- Revolution Saints – Light in the Dark – (Frontiers Records): Frontiers Records has a knack for putting together little supergroups. Most of the time those supergroups only last one album. Thankfully, Revolution Saints are back with record number two!! Who is in Revolution Saints you may ask (please ask)? Well, I am glad you asked…you get Jack Blades (Night Ranger and Damn Yankees), Deen Castronovo (Journey and Ozzy) and Doug Aldrich (Whitesnake, Dio, Dead Daisies). The first album was spectacular and expect more of the same greatness.
- Fozzy – Judas – (Century Media): When you hear the name Chris Jericho, what is the first thing you think of??? Wrestling?? No, Heavy Metal Music. Chris has been lead singer of Fozzy for 18 years and they are now on their seventh album with ‘Judas’. As I always, I look forward to hearing what they bring to the table each time and this time is no different.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 13th”