Happy Friday! I hope your Summer is going well. This week has very few releases that are on my radar so not a lot to choose from. There are a couple that will get a spin and maybe I can catch up on all the releases earlier in the month. The ones I will listen to are highlighted in Blue…as usual.
- Imagine Dragons – Evolve – (Interscope): The pop/rock band is back with their third studio release. After breaking on to the scene in 2012 with “Radioactive, they hope to capture the magic yet again. If “Believer” is any indication of what is to come, we should have another great release.
- King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard – Murder of the Universe – (Flightless Records): King Gizzard returns with their 2nd album of 2017. The first ‘Flying Microtonal Banana’ was exceptional and can they repeat the magic so quickly? We will see. Plus, they intend to release 4 to 5 albums this year so they better get moving as we are almost half way through the year. This album appears to be quite different from the last as it is broken up into 3 chapters to tell an overall story I am assuming. I will have to wait and hear I guess. NOTE: Video has a warning that if you are susceptible to seizures, DO NOT watch the video.
- 311 – MOSAIC – (311 Band, LLC): I have never been a huge 311 fan, but this could be a nice refreshing change from my normal listening pattern. I might check this one out only because the song “Too Much To Think” sounds fun.
- Joe Bonamassa – Live at Carnegie Hall – An Acoustic Evening – (J&R Adventures)
- Radiohead – OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997-2017 – (XL Recordings)
Happy Friday! It is time for more new releases and one I know everyone on earth is waiting to hear…that is right…Nickelback!! Your local police will be thrilled to have new Nickelback music to play and torment their prisoners. There is quite a lot and a little for everyone so take a look and start listening. My choices are highlighted in Blue.
- Nickelback – Feed the Machine – (Nickelback II Productions): Nickelback is back (no pun intended) to bring more enjoyment to our senses (this was supposed to come out as sarcasm, but sometimes it is tough to show that in writing). Will I give it a listen??? Maybe, not sure yet. I figured I would mention it since so many people do buy their albums and go see them in concert.
- Cheap Trick – We’re All Alright! – (Big Machine): The first of two childhood favorite bands with new albums. First up is Cheap Trick. I am glad to see them still cranking out new tunes as this is their 18th studio album and they actually released one last year as well. Will I give this one a listen…hell yeah!.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 16th”
It is Friday yet again and there are even more albums out and ready for you to go buy, stream or do with it as you will. Not a lot this week, but one critical one for my kids. The ones I will check out are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something for you.
- Katy Perry – Witness – (Capitol Records): After 4 long years since Prism, Katy is back and better than ever…well…maybe not. She has released 3 singles are ready and I have to say I am not that impressed. I only like the first one “Chain to the Rhythm”, the rest have been kind of awful (especially “Bon Appetit”). And I have to mention how awful the album cover looks to me. Not off to a good start. I will still give it a try though, but expectations are now pretty low.
- Lady Antebellum – Heart Break – (Capitol Nashville): Lady Antebellum is back after three years and the members doing a little stuff on their own. They are pure pop country, but I love Charles Kelley’s voice and Hillary Scott’s as well. Put the two together and wow!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 9th”
Can you believe we are already in to June??? Crazy! And it has already gotten crazy hot here in Charlotte…and it isn’t even Summer yet (officially). At least there are some Hot New Releases to keep you COOL!!! There are only a handful I am looking to grab and they are highlighted in Blue. I hope there is something that you are interested in getting.
- U2 – The Joshua Tree (Deluxe) – (Island Records): I can not believe it has been 30 years since this album was originally released. I was a senior in High School and this album was huge. It is one of the world’s best selling albums. U2 is commemorating the 30th anniversary with a new Deluxe Edition and a World Tour celebrating this album. Who can forget all those great songs “Where The Streets Have No Name” “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”, “Bullet The Blue Sky” and “With Or With Out You”. There is a 2CD Deluxe Edition which includes a live album of the Joshua Tree Tour and a SUPER DELUXE Edition which is a 4 CD set and includes 2 additional discs or remixes and rare songs from that time. I definitely will be checking this out.
- Adrenaline Mob – We the People – (Century Media): Russell Allen (Symphony X) and Mike Orlando are back with their 3rd full length release. The first two were great metal albums and I am not expecting anything less than spectacular with this one. Climb aboard and check out the rush that comes with listening to these guys.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 2nd”
It is the last Friday of the month and Monday is Memorial Day here in the States which means we have a 3 Day Weekend. Sadly, it is never a big week for new releases, but there is one I am excited about…Mark Slaughter solo album!! That is really the only and it is highlighted in Blue!!
- Mark Slaughter – Halfway There – (EMP Label Group): Mark Slaughter is back with another solo album and I am so glad to have him back with new music. If Slaughter is not putting out albums, at least he is. If this first song, “Hey You” is any indication of what is to come, then strap in and be prepared to have your ass rocked off!!
- Foreigner – 40 – (Atlantic Catalog Group) – Yet another greatest hits release…as if there wasn’t enough of those out for the band.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 26th”
Another Friday has arrived and as school starts to wind down for some and Summer is coming, there are a bunch of new albums for you to choose from. Anything strike your fancy??? There are a few for me and they are highlighted in Blue. There are more I want to hear, but these three are the ones I will attack first. Enjoy!
- Linkin Park – One More Light – (Warner Bros): Their new song “Heavy” is doing well on the charts and features Kilara. My kids love this song and it doesn’t sound like the Linkin Park of old. I am interested in seeing what the rest has to offer. I haven’t been thrilled with their current releases and hoping for some return to greatness with this one.
- Papa Roach – Crooked Teeth – (Eleven Seven Music): Big fan of Papa Roach and so glad they are back with some more hard rock. The Deluxe Edition of this gives you a live concert from The Fillmore in Detroit. That means the Deluxe is a must grab for me.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 19th”
Happy Friday!! Quite a few I am interested to listen to this week. Not sure how much merit they have, but I still want to give a listen. There is a little something for everyone as there is rock, country, pop, hip hop and even a TV show soundtrack. I hope there is something for you. I have quite a few I want to at least give one listen to just to try it out and those will be highlighted in Blue, as usual.
- Harem Scarem – United – (Frontiers Records Srl): This Toronto, Canada band is out with yet another release just three years after their last one. I believe this is number 14 or 15, I have lost count they have so many. Down here in the U.S., they are not a household name mainly because they came out as this type of music was killed off by Grunge. If you haven’t heard of them, check them out as I am sure they have something you will like. I only discovered them about 10+ years ago and I am so glad I did. I now have every album and even some rarer ones. I can’t wait for this one and haven’t heard any song yet as I want to hear it all at once. They video below is posted without me even viewing it first.
- Zac Brown Band – Welcome Home – (Elektra Records): I am not a huge country fan and find myself criticizing a lot of the current country cowboys that are there as they are are too polished and songs are pure and utter crap. Zac Brown is so not that for me. He is what I do like about country. I am eager to hear this one.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 12th”