Welcome to Friday the 13th and the last good day of releases for at least 3 to 4 weeks. Yes, Friday New Releases will be absent from this site until a couple weeks into the new year in January when there is finally enough to talk about. However, this week isn’t totally worthless. There a couple releases I am interested in, but not much else. My choices will be highlighted in Blue, let me know if you find anything you like of if I missed anything. Thanks and until next time, have a great weekend!
- Harry Styles – Fine Line – (Erksine Records/Columbia/Sony): Harry is back with his second studio album and I have to say, I am actually looking forward to this. I was pleasantly surprised at how great his debut was and it was so much better than anything One Direction put out. My oldest daughter is even more so excited as she keeps the vinyl of his debut up in her room rather than down in my wall of vinyl. I am hoping for another release of a variety of styles and hope he pushes himself even more on this one.
- Stone Sour – Hello, You Bastards: Live in Reno – (Cooking Vinyl Ltd): I like live albums lately, so I might give this one a try. Corey Taylor and the boys are releasing their first live album and I am sure it will rock your face off. I mean, it ain’t no Slipknot, which is actually why I like them more, but Corey only knows how to bring it hard and heavy. Ok, no video so far so here is a classic.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 13th”
As were are starting to get closer the Holidays, the new releases become fewer and fewer. There might be one more big week, sadly this is not one of them. I barely have enough to fill the 6 panels of pictures above. My choices are limited so I apologize, but maybe there is something for you. We have Country, R&B, Emo, Classic Rock, 50’s Rock and Pop…that’s it…one for each. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is something I missed that you want to mention. Thanks for stopping by and have a Great Weekend!!
- Lady Antebellum – Ocean – (Big Machine): I diss Country a lot, but there a few artists/groups I like and this is one of them. They are band my wife and I enjoy together and I love when we have someone we both like. They have been around awhile and usually they deliver and I expect nothing less this time. It is usually a softer side of Country, but man these guys/gals can sing.
- Prince – 1999 (Super Deluxe Edition) – (Warner Records): Prince’s estate is emptying the vaults at an alarmingly fast rate and now 1999 is getting the Super Deluxe Edition. The album was unbelievable the way it was, but having all this bonus material is going to be a blast going through. I could spend a lot of time with this one.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 15th”
Happy Friday and yes, the weekend is upon us!! Thankfully we have some new tuneage to get us through the weekend. There are a lot of releases today and hopefully you will find something to make this weekend a rocking good time. I have quite a few I am excited to hear, however, not running out to buy anything yet until I hear them first (Thank goodness for streaming as it saves me money sometimes). My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you or even what I might have missed as it has been known to happen. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!
- Work of Arts – Exhibit – (Frontiers Records): Thanks to Melodicrock.com, I came across this band. If you know the Jeff Scott Soto band W.E.T., the “W” is for Work of Art member Robert Sall who is in W.E.T. This band is an awesome piece if melodic rock in the same vein as maybe Toto and Journey and other bands of that ilk. Give it a try as I think you will like it.
- Pretty Maids – Undress Your Madness – (Frontiers Records): In what might be their 16th album (so many I have lost track), this hard rock band out of Denmark always deliver solid work and I am interested to hear what they have brought the table this time around. They rarely disappoint.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 8th”
Here we are the 1st day of November and do we have a lot to be “Thankful” for this week with the new releases? Depends on your taste. There are some juicy ones this week for me, but nothing I am going to run and buy…however, streaming will do nicely here. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are digging this week and if I missed anything. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.
- Miranda Lambert – Wildcard – (Vanner Records/Sony): I don’t like Country music that much, but I like Miranda. She’s fiesty, she’s firey and she’s kinda hot!! She is someone my whole family likes and we enjoy listening to her in the car as a whole. And I am just glad my kids don’t have me on video sining “Little Red Wagon” from her earlier work…it is quite embarrassing as I add my own flair to that song that the kids find quite funny. But that ain’t this album. I haven’t heard anything yet, but have heard good things so I will check it out.
- Hootie & the Blowfish – Imperfect Circle – (Capitol Records): After 14 years, Hootie & the Blowfish are BACK!! Darius Rucker is taking a break from his very successful Country career to reignite the Hootie light. And kids from the 90’s rejoice!! Their blend of Pop Rock was a huge hit in the 90’s. Can it translate into something cool in the 21st Century? We will have to see.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 1st”
We are to the final week of October and Halloween is right around the corner. I don’t see any scary releases this week except maybe Lea Michele’s Christmas album…that one looks truly frightening and I will stay as far away as I possibly can from that one. Me, i plan on scaring up a couple for sure and maybe give two others a try. They are marked in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. I hope you find something and have a great weekend!
- Airbourne – Boneshaker – (Spinefarm Records): The boys from down under are back with another earth shattering, bone rattling rocker. I have this one on order and the vinyl should be there when I get home. I have everything else they have done on vinyl so why not this one. If you like AC/DC, you will like this. They are loud, aggressive and fantastic. Turn it up and let them blow your ears right off.
- James Blunt – Once Upon a Mind – (Atlantic Records): And if you want something a little more in the pop arena you won’t find anything better than James Blunt. His unique voice, great story telling and song writing are always entertaining and worth quite a few spins. Plus, the man is hilarious. I saw him live and his self-deprecating humor really made me a fan. HIs last album, ‘The Afterlove’ was amazing and so I have high expectations for this, his 6th album.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 25th”
Another great Friday of releases is upon us. There aren’t a ton this week, but there are some I am eager to get ahold of. Those choices will be highlighted in Blue. This list is mostly rock and metal, but there is one country album and a pop/alternative release as well. Hopefully you will find something you like. I know I have. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.
- Stone Temple Pilots – Purple (25th Anniversary) – (Rhino Entertainment): I can’t believe it has been 25 years since ‘Purple’ has been released. That is crazy!! This was the album that got me in to STP as I hadn’t jumped on the whole 90’s music bandwagon by the time their debut album came out. I was still strongly entrenched in the 80’s music. But this one had so much guitar and the swagger of Scott Weiland won me over. I can’t wait to get this set with all the bonus material…plus it is on CD and Vinyl!!
- Alter Bridge – Walk the Sky – (Napalm Records): When Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy get together, you know it is going to rock and be amazing and I expect nothing less from this, their 6th album. This is basically Creed with Myles Kennedy on vocals as the rest of the band, Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips as well as Mark are all from Creed. What is still cool is that after 15 years, it is still the same 4 guys. Ok, they are not really Creed I was generalizing, but they are still awesome.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 18th”
Another great Friday of new releases this week. I’m telling you this is shaping up to be a great month. I have another item this week on order that will hopefully be there when I get home from work. We have lot of Rock this week which is always good, but so much so that there is no way I will get to it all…ever! My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what I missed and what you might be interested in hearing. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful music weekend. I know I will!!
- Michael Sweet – Ten – (Frontiers Records): Lead singer of Stryper is here with his 10th solo release…10 is hard to believe, but it is true. I just did a Michael Sweet album ranking and can’t wait to see where this falls on the list. I am hoping for some hard and heavy stuff. Check out the song below and go gran this one.
- Eclipse – Paradigm – (Frontiers Records): I love this band. This Swedish rock band is now on their 8th album and it is pure melodic rock, glam rock, hair metal bliss. They seem to be getting better with age kind of like a fine wine. Give them a try.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 8th”
Another great Friday with another huge selection of releases. However, the selections aren’t “huge’, if you know what I mean. There a handful I am interested in hearing, but nothing I am running out and buying. Streaming for me on these…unless one is so good it warrants a purchase. I wonder if I have gotten through all the ones from last week (I am writing this two weeks out) but I doubt it. Anyway, my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to hear or if there is anything I missed. Enjoy and have a great weekend!!
- Keane – Cause and Effect – (Island Records): Keane’s debut in 2004, ‘Hopes and Fears’ was fantastic and their second was pretty great as well. As a result, I do enjoy checking out anything they put out. Nothing has lived up to those two releases, but still find a golden nugget in each release and they hope is the same on this one. “Is It Any Wonder” why I would keep trying? Not really. Great English Pop.
- Slash with Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators – Living the Dream Tour (Live) – (Snakepit Records): Let’s see…Slash √…Myles Kennedy √…both of them together √…and Live √…I don’t think I need any other reasons to “check” this out do I.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 20th”
Welcome to Friday new releases on this Friday the 13th. And let me tell you this is a lucky Friday…no bad news here. There are an abundance of releases this week that I am excited about and it might be the best week in quite a long time or even all year. There are over 25 on this list and maybe 1/2 I am interested in at listening to once. How long is that going to take…it could be next September. My choices will be highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you see that you like and what I might be missing (could there be anything???). Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
The most important…
- The Defiants – Zokusho – (Frontiers Records): Man, I am super excited about this one. Paul Laine and the Danger Danger boys are back with their second release and if it is half as good as the debut, then we are in for a treat. The first 3 songs they have previewed are sensational!! So expectations are HIGH!! I don’t usually listen to songs that are previewed on albums I am anxious about, but I could wait. If you like 80’s brand rock with modern productions, you will be in for a treat.
- Tom Keifer – Rise – (Cleopatra Music): The voice of Cinderella is back with his 2nd solo album. His first was fantastic and nothing less is expected on this one. His blues rock and the gravely voice is just what the doctor ordered so grab a copy and crank it up. A great weekend is ahead.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 13th”