The week before Thanksgiving and the last big week of new releases. There will be more releases over the next three weeks, but not as big as this one (in numbers, not necessarily quality). There are a handful I will give a spin and they will be highlighted in Blue as usual. Let me know what interests you or what I might have missed. Now next Friday there are new releases, but it is also Record Store Day Black Friday, so hopefully some I can grab…until then.
- Coldplay – Everyday Life – (Parlophone Records / Warner Music): I will admit, I hold hopes out that they will release something as good as ‘Parachute’ again. So, this will get a spin to see what they bring to the table this time. My hopes aren’t too high.
- Beck – Hyperspace – (Fonograf Records / Capitol): Okay, it’s Beck…why would he not get a spin? His quirkiness is always welcome even if not always appreciated.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 22nd”
Welcome to June and the first Friday of releases. There are a lot of releases this week so there should be a little something for everyone. For me, there is a lot as well! A lot of nothing. There are a couple I find appealing and they will be highlighted in Blue. One of which I have had for a month and be enjoying it a lot. Hopefully there is something you like. Let me know what interests you and if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- Jonas Brothers – Happiness Begins – (Republic Records): Yes, the Jonas Brothers are back!! Okay, I am not really this excited, but my kids are going nuts! I have a feeling that this will be blaring around the house and in the car for quite sometime to come!! The first song released, “Sucker”, was quite catchy so let’s hope the rest of the album is as enjoyable otherwise this will be a painful period for me.
- Ida Mae – Chasing Lights – (Vow Road): I came across Ida Mae when they opened for Greta Van Fleet on tour. I picked up the album at the show around May 15th and have been playing it almost every day since. It is fantastic. They are from England and have a heavy Blues influence to their music and songwriting. It is quite different than what I normally listen to, but I can’t get enough of it. Check it out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 7th”
It is the first Friday of September and there is a long list of releases. Everyone starts putting out their new albums in the Fall and there are some big ones coming, but let us focus on today. The ones I am looking forward to are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you want to listen to and which ones I might have missed on the list. Thanks and have a great music weekend!!
- Alter Bridge – Live a the Royal Albert Hall (feat. the Parallax Orchestra) – (Napalm Records): I am surprised by another live record after last year’s release. That is ok. There are some different songs in the set list and a little orchestra along with it. I will give it a listen and then decide on buying.
- Lenny Kravitz – Raise Vibration – (Roxie Records): I have always loved Lenny so this is a no brainer to stream. His last few have been so-so so again I will stream it before I buy it. Just so you know, I don’t always do that as I do have 4 or 5 albums on pre-order without hearing a lick. Only a few bands get that special treatment.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 7th”
Happy Friday! Of course, all Friday’s are happy. The last day of the work week and new album releases. What could be better…maybe everyday being a Friday. There are a handful of albums this week for me and one was on pre-order and should be at my door when I get home from work…yes, it will be a great Friday. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in or if I missed anything which happens all the time. Have a great weekend and enjoy any new music you pick up.
- W.E.T. – Earthrage – (Frontiers Records): Jeff Scott Soto is a busy man between his solo album, Sons of Apollo and now a new W.E.T. album. And it has been too long since the last one, 5 years I believe since the last studio album and that is way too long. Jeff’s vocals are what keep me coming back to everything he releases. With W.E.T., he teams up with Erik Martensson and Robert Sall to form this sensational trio. The bands this trio is from makes up the name…Work of Art, Eclipse & Talisman…all three great bands in their own right. If this first song is what we can expect, hold on tight!! Check them out!
- Kip Winger – Solo Box Set Collection – (Frontiers Records): Kip Winger is such an underrated talent…well at least he used to be. He is now a Classical Composer (Grammy nominated I think)…pretty cool! This set is a collection of all his solo works (it isn’t classical music though). We get 5 CDs, the 3 solo albums, an acoustic album (with Winger songs included) and some rare demos and an unreleased track. Pretty damn fine set of music and worth picking up. This is what I have on pre-order and should keep me busy for awhile!! Here is the collections trailer…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 23rd”
The first Friday in May is upon us and there is not a ton of stuff out this week. There are a few artists I am interested in and a bunch I am not. Hopefully you can find something you will like. The ones I will listen to first are highlighted in Blue (as usual).
- Chris Stapleton – From A Room: Volume 1 – (Mercury Records): In only his 2nd release, Chris Stapleton seems like he has been around awhile…which he has but not as a solo artist. After the huge success of his debut album I am really interested in hearing what he now brings us. I actually hope it is more of the same as his first album was spectacular. If the first single is any indication of what is to come, then we are in for a treat.
- Blondie – Pollinator – (Noble ID, LLC): Debby Harry and group are back again with another new release. This is their 11th studio album and honestly i am surprised (and glad) that they are still putting out albums. There are still 3 original members including Debby so I guess that still makes a complete enough band to make them still worth hearing and not a Debby Harry solo album.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 5th”