The last Friday of November and Christmas is just around the corner which means one thing. Album releases start to become relatively scarce. You want to drop your album early enough that it makes it on people’s Christmas list, but not too late where no one will grab it as they have spent all their money already on Christmas presents. Now, there isn’t a whole lot I care about this week and in fact, there is only one. Some of the other might get a listen sooner or later. Have a great day and let me know what you are interested in hearing. Mine is in Blue.
- Def Leppard – The Story So Far – (Virgin EMI/Mercury): Def Leppard is bringing yet another greatest hits release. Just what we needed, right? Well….not really. However, that doesn’t stop me from buying it. I have it on pre-order for the vinyl so I can’t get the 7″ Single of their Depeche Mode cover of “Personal Jesus”. Yes, I am becoming a completist with Def Leppard. Anyway, this is a pretty complete greatest hits package and not a bad one to get if you don’t have on yet. Enjoy!!
- The 1975 – A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships – (Dirty Hit / Polydor / Interscope)
- Neil Young – Songs for Judy – (Shakey Pictures Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 30th”
Finally!!! The new releases start picking up. August was such a slow month, but it is about to get busy. The floodgates are opening and the new releases are coming in full force. So hold on and open your wallets, it is going to get expensive. This week gets off nicely and the ones I am interested in are highlighted in Blue. There should be something in here for everyone especially some great rock and a ton of country. Let me know what you like.
- Alter Bridge – Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities – (Napalm Records): Alter Bridge live is going to be good. You have the boys from Creed and Myles Kennedy who is one of the hardest working singers in the business between Alter Bridge, Slash and so many other projects, he is always working. There have been a lot of good live albums lately and this should be no exception. The plus side is there are a bunch of rare tracks on here as well that really has my interest.
- Jonny Lang – Signs – (Concord Records): Blues rocker Jonny Lang is back with his first album in 4 years and it has been way too long. I am looking forward to hearing some more of his guitar magic. With a new album from Kenny Wayne Shepherd and now Jonny, blues rock is alive and kicking.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 8th”