Welcome back, you made it through another week and you should be proud as who knows what the world threw at us this week as each week it seems to be something worse than the last. But at least the world is giving us some new music and that makes it all better. There are a handful of new music I am looking forward to getting and those are marked in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in, if anything, and tell me what I missed. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!
- Whitesnake – The ROCK Album (2020 Remix) – (Saltburn / Rhino): In the first of 3 albums in a new series by Whitesnake, the Rock album is a bunch of remixes of old songs with one new one I believe. The other two will be out later in the year and in to next year are The Love Album and The Blues Album. I am glad the Rock starts it all off. This will finish up my David Coverdale Review series nicely until the other albums come out that is.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 19th, 2020”
- Switchfoot – Covers E.P. – (Fantasy Records / Concord): Ah, I love me some Switchfoot and although not an album of new material, we get a small collection of cover songs. At least these aren’t your standard fare. You get a cover from Frank Ocean, The Chainsmokers, Vampire Weekend and more. Should be interesting.
Welcome to June and the first Friday of releases. There are a lot of releases this week so there should be a little something for everyone. For me, there is a lot as well! A lot of nothing. There are a couple I find appealing and they will be highlighted in Blue. One of which I have had for a month and be enjoying it a lot. Hopefully there is something you like. Let me know what interests you and if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- Jonas Brothers – Happiness Begins – (Republic Records): Yes, the Jonas Brothers are back!! Okay, I am not really this excited, but my kids are going nuts! I have a feeling that this will be blaring around the house and in the car for quite sometime to come!! The first song released, “Sucker”, was quite catchy so let’s hope the rest of the album is as enjoyable otherwise this will be a painful period for me.
- Ida Mae – Chasing Lights – (Vow Road): I came across Ida Mae when they opened for Greta Van Fleet on tour. I picked up the album at the show around May 15th and have been playing it almost every day since. It is fantastic. They are from England and have a heavy Blues influence to their music and songwriting. It is quite different than what I normally listen to, but I can’t get enough of it. Check it out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 7th”
The last Friday of November and Christmas is just around the corner which means one thing. Album releases start to become relatively scarce. You want to drop your album early enough that it makes it on people’s Christmas list, but not too late where no one will grab it as they have spent all their money already on Christmas presents. Now, there isn’t a whole lot I care about this week and in fact, there is only one. Some of the other might get a listen sooner or later. Have a great day and let me know what you are interested in hearing. Mine is in Blue.
- Def Leppard – The Story So Far – (Virgin EMI/Mercury): Def Leppard is bringing yet another greatest hits release. Just what we needed, right? Well….not really. However, that doesn’t stop me from buying it. I have it on pre-order for the vinyl so I can’t get the 7″ Single of their Depeche Mode cover of “Personal Jesus”. Yes, I am becoming a completist with Def Leppard. Anyway, this is a pretty complete greatest hits package and not a bad one to get if you don’t have on yet. Enjoy!!
- The 1975 – A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships – (Dirty Hit / Polydor / Interscope)
- Neil Young – Songs for Judy – (Shakey Pictures Records)
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 30th”
Finally!!! The new releases start picking up. August was such a slow month, but it is about to get busy. The floodgates are opening and the new releases are coming in full force. So hold on and open your wallets, it is going to get expensive. This week gets off nicely and the ones I am interested in are highlighted in Blue. There should be something in here for everyone especially some great rock and a ton of country. Let me know what you like.
- Alter Bridge – Live at the O2 Arena + Rarities – (Napalm Records): Alter Bridge live is going to be good. You have the boys from Creed and Myles Kennedy who is one of the hardest working singers in the business between Alter Bridge, Slash and so many other projects, he is always working. There have been a lot of good live albums lately and this should be no exception. The plus side is there are a bunch of rare tracks on here as well that really has my interest.
- Jonny Lang – Signs – (Concord Records): Blues rocker Jonny Lang is back with his first album in 4 years and it has been way too long. I am looking forward to hearing some more of his guitar magic. With a new album from Kenny Wayne Shepherd and now Jonny, blues rock is alive and kicking.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 8th”