Welcome to the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2018. These songs are my favorite songs of the year and were not necessarily played on the radio or even shot up the charts. They just moved me in some way good or bad!
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2018 or the Top Albums of 2018 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
It is time to start the list so here we go…
#20 – “Loading Zones” – Kurt Vile off the album ‘Bottle it In’: Kurt’s can be about the mundane and anything that troubles him in life. This is about the horrors of trying to park in the city. It has such a great little beat to it and some great guitar and such a simple subject that yet turns into something amazing. The video is great as well.
#19 – “Roll Me Under” – Stone Temple Pilots off the album ‘Stone Temple Pilots (2018)’: I know I did give the album the best review, but I liked this song. It had the old STP sound, but it was also Jeff Gutt at his best on the album. Such a heavy bass and guitar sound, it was just great.
Continue reading “The Top Rock Songs of 2018”
Finally a Friday with an abundance of new releases. There are so many I am interested in that this could take awhile. I hope to get to them all sooner or later. I think there is a little something for everyone today. The ones that are striking my fancy are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to getting or if I am missing something added to the comments. Have a great listening weekend.
- Myles Kennedy – Year of the Tiger – (Napalm Records): Whether with Alter Bridge, Slash or just by himself, there is no getting by the immense talent that is Myles Kennedy. He can definitely sing, but his guitar playing is just as sensational. Looking forward to the focus being all about him. I have purposely not listened to anything off this album yet so I can enjoy it all at one time.
- Judas Priest – Firepower – (Sony Music): Judas Priest is back with a brand new album. Enough said…Mic drop!!!
- Thirdstory – Cold Heart – (Verve Label Group): After waiting for two years, we finally get the full length album they have been promising. My daughter and I saw them open for Tori Kelly two years ago and we bot really enjoyed their harmonies and just the power of their voices. Three guys doing amazing things singing together. We are going to see them again in April when they headline a little club here in Charlotte.
- Calum Scott – Only Human – (Capitol Records): This former Britain’s Got Talent contestant from 2015 finally gets his debut album. After the release of his cover of “Dancing On My Own”, I was completely blown away by his vocals. Can’t wait to enjoy this one.
- Three Days Grace – Outsider – (RCA Records): I have had two heavy and two soft albums and now back to heavy with Three Days Grace. I followed them since their debut in 2003 with the song “I Hate Everything About You”. They have given me consistently good albums and I expect nothing less from this hard rock band out of Canada.
- Jimi Hendrix – Both Sides of the Sky – (Experience Hendrix LLC): Jimi Hendrix…worth giving a listen solely for that matter. This is the third and final in a series of unreleased tracks and surprised their have been so many and why did it take so long for them to come out.
- The Fratellis – In Your Own Sweet Time – (Cooking Vinyl): (MOVED TO MARCH 16) And there is still one more I want to hear and that is the Fratellis. When I heard their album Costello Music, I adored their sound and the whole vibe. As a result, I have been absorbing all their albums and this one will be no different.
- Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats – Tearing at the Seams – (Bottleneck Music)
- The Neighbourhood – The Neighbourhood – (Columbia Records)
- Suicidal Tendencies – Get Your Fight On! – (Suicidal Records)
- Ministry – AmeriKKKant – (Nuclear Blast)
- Nightwish – Decades – (Nuclear Blast Records)
- David Byrne – American Utopia – (Todomundo LTD)
I am not usually political, but I feel this country is screwed no matter who gets elected. I am not partial to Trump or Clinton. I think they both suck!! Since we are celebrating the birthday of our country, I thought I would do a playlist of songs about Revolution rather than going all patriotic.
Something needs to change soon or I fear the country my children are growing up in will be worse off than it is now. Patriotism doesn’t seem to be a word in anyone’s vocabulary anymore. Being politically correct, has gone too far in the wrong direction. Racism seems to be at an all time high, when it should be non-existent.
If you say something nowadays that doesn’t jive with how a handful of people feel is the correct way to think, you get bashed on the internet or blasted in the media or even fired from your job. Since when does a person’s opinion deserve that treatment. What happened to freedom of speech.
Continue reading “Happy 4th of July – Is it time for another Revolution?”