Welcome to the last Friday of the month and the last of the September new releases. Let me tell you there are a bunch. There seems to be a little for everyone from Metal to Pop to Christian to Country to Jazz to Electronica to Soundtracks. You name it and it is probably here. I have a few I am interested in and will stream, but nothing that I am running out and buying until I have heard it first. Those choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know who you want to hear and what I might have missed as it is known to happen (quite frequently actually). I hope there is something for you. Have a great weekend.
- Hellyeah – Welcome Home – (Eleven Seven Music): The band’s sixth studio album and first since losing founding member and drummer, the great Vinnie Paul. Luckily for us, he is featured on this album so fans need to grab this for that fact alone. For me, the band is hit and miss. They are hard and heavy, no doubt, and sometimes I need it that way. It will get blasted in the car for sure (and at home).
- Steel Panther – Heavy Metal Rules – (Steel Panther): Yet another release by the Steel Panther. Let me tell you they don’t hold back on this one. Their porn rock has kind of grown old for me and I really wish they would do a straight up rock record that isn’t such filth. It was funny at first, now it is old and boring. I will give it at least one listen, but honestly, not expecting much…sorry guys. Seeing them live is where the fun is really at so go check them out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 27th”
Welcome to the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2016. These songs are my favorite songs of the year and were not necessarily played on the radio or even shot up the charts. They just moved me in some way good or bad!
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2016 or the Top Albums of 2016 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
It is time to start the list so here we go…
20. “Parasite (feat. John 5)” by Ace Frehley off the album ‘Origins, Vol. 1’: I wouldn’t pick a covers song for this list if this one wasn’t so damn good. John 5 on guitar is amazing and since this is an old Kiss song it is perfect for Ace. I think it sounds better than the original.
19. “Raise Hell” by Dorothy off the album ‘RockisDead’: This bluesy gem from Dorothy has such a great sound and Dorothy’s vocals are perfect for this style. I expect big things from this band!
Continue reading “The Top 20 Rock Songs of 2016”
2016 is about to be over so it is time to look back on the year and see what amazing albums rocked my world this year. It was a great year indeed. This was the year I started this blog back in April and it has been a blast. I have listened to a lot of albums this year so I had stuff to write about and it really made the year special.
This list will be my favorite “Rock” albums of the year. All other types of music will be for a later post. I am going to leave this one to my favorite genre. It is a broad genre, but these are the albums that I consider to be ROCK!!
Also note, these are MY FAVORITES!! These are not the most popular or possibly even the ones that have sold the most. These are the albums that I connected with during the year and kept coming back to again and again. And without further adieu, here are the Top Rock Albums of 2016:
My #1 Album of the Year:
Hellyeah – UnDen!able (Eleven Seven Music): This album screams Rock & Roll to me! It is heavy and pounding with aggressive vocals and lyrics and was perfect for me when I got stuck in traffic and needed to vent a little. With songs like “Startariot”, “X”, “Scratch A Lie” and “Be Undeniable”, I was completely satisfied with this gem. Check out the review at this link to see what I thought in detail about the album.
Continue reading “The Top Rock Albums of 2016”
I am not usually political, but I feel this country is screwed no matter who gets elected. I am not partial to Trump or Clinton. I think they both suck!! Since we are celebrating the birthday of our country, I thought I would do a playlist of songs about Revolution rather than going all patriotic.
Something needs to change soon or I fear the country my children are growing up in will be worse off than it is now. Patriotism doesn’t seem to be a word in anyone’s vocabulary anymore. Being politically correct, has gone too far in the wrong direction. Racism seems to be at an all time high, when it should be non-existent.
If you say something nowadays that doesn’t jive with how a handful of people feel is the correct way to think, you get bashed on the internet or blasted in the media or even fired from your job. Since when does a person’s opinion deserve that treatment. What happened to freedom of speech.
Continue reading “Happy 4th of July – Is it time for another Revolution?”
Hellyeah’s fifth studio album is ‘Unden!able’ and it is undeniably fantastic (sorry, had to do it). It is the best album they have done to date. It is heavy, hard and pounding but melodic at the same time.
I have had the album for 2 weeks now and have really spent a lot of time absorbing it’s greatness. It is funny how the older I get, the heavier I tend to like it (there are so many ways you could take that). When I was younger, I wouldn’t have given them a listen, but now I can’t get enough.
The album opens with the intro “!” and slowly builds to the hard-driving song “X”. The song will get your blood flowing with the pounding Vinnie Paul drums and Chad Gray’s vocals. He is in top form with his gravelly, semi-screaming vocals. He sings with such power and intensity throughout this album.
Continue reading “Hellyeah – Unden!able – Album Review”
Finally a Friday of new releases to get excited about. The last couple of weeks haven’t given me much that I enjoy. I hope there is something that excites you. The ones that I will be listening to first and probably the most are highlighted in blue.
- Train – Does Led Zepplin II – (Crush Music) – Train is one of my favorite bands and I am anxious to listen to their take on Led Zeppelin II. The great thing about this album is all proceeds go to charity. The charity is Family House, which offers temporary lodging for families of ill children being treated at a hospital in San Francisco, the band’s hometown. If you want to see what else I like by Train check it this post.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 3rd”
Since I did my favorites from 2009 last week, I thought I would continue that this week for Throwback Thursday. These are my favorite albums from 2010 (in no particular order)
Paper Tongues – Paper Tongues: What an impressive debut album. They are from Charlotte, NC which I was unaware of until recently. They haven’t put out a full length album since this one. I need to see if they are still together and maybe playing around town. Some standout songs are “Trinity”, “Ride to California” and “Get Higher”. Just great songs, great music and a positive message. Rock needs more bands like this!!
Continue reading “#TBT -Favorite Albums of 2010”
I will be honest, I am not a big drinker. Doesn’t mean I won’t drink. I choose not too most of the time as I never got a taste for it; however, Mondays make me want to drink. Since I do love alcohol related songs, I figured this Monday needs a playlist of booze drinking songs. There are so many which makes it hard to choose the best ones.
Here is my list of booze related songs that will hopefully help me make it through Monday.
Emphatic – “Put Down the Drink” from the album Damage
Hellyeah – “Alcohaulin’ Ass” from the album Hellyeah
Continue reading “Drinking Booze – Playlist”