Welcome to the last Friday of the month and the last of the September new releases. Let me tell you there are a bunch. There seems to be a little for everyone from Metal to Pop to Christian to Country to Jazz to Electronica to Soundtracks. You name it and it is probably here. I have a few I am interested in and will stream, but nothing that I am running out and buying until I have heard it first. Those choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know who you want to hear and what I might have missed as it is known to happen (quite frequently actually). I hope there is something for you. Have a great weekend.
- Hellyeah – Welcome Home – (Eleven Seven Music): The band’s sixth studio album and first since losing founding member and drummer, the great Vinnie Paul. Luckily for us, he is featured on this album so fans need to grab this for that fact alone. For me, the band is hit and miss. They are hard and heavy, no doubt, and sometimes I need it that way. It will get blasted in the car for sure (and at home).
- Steel Panther – Heavy Metal Rules – (Steel Panther): Yet another release by the Steel Panther. Let me tell you they don’t hold back on this one. Their porn rock has kind of grown old for me and I really wish they would do a straight up rock record that isn’t such filth. It was funny at first, now it is old and boring. I will give it at least one listen, but honestly, not expecting much…sorry guys. Seeing them live is where the fun is really at so go check them out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 27th”
Happy Friday and welcome to the last Friday of October. Halloween is just around the corner, but sadly not much to scare up in the releases this week. There a couple I might check out and if I get in the early Christmas spirit, maybe the William Shatner Christmas album will get a spin…but seriously doubt it. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you, if anything, and let me know what I am missing out on this week. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- The Struts – Young&Dangerous – (Interscope): It has been a couple years since the Struts debut and they felt like they might the next big thing. But for me, the Jury is still out as they seem to be more of a novelty act than anything. The lead singer is a little over the top now and seems to be trying too hard to be something he really isn’t. I haven’t been overly excited of what I have heard so far, but I will give it a listen as they did interest me at one time. Man, I am really selling this one aren’t I!!!
- Boy George & Culture Club – Life – (BMG): Boy George is back and with Culture Club. That alone is enough to sell this one. I don’t know why, but this one interests me. I haven’t heard anything on it yet (not even the video posted below), but I want to hear it. It will get a spin mainly out of curiosity.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 26th”
Welcome to another Friday of new releases. There is not a whole lot I am interested in and might give one or two a listen (highlighted in Blue) but still undecided. Next week will have more to offer. Hopefully there is something here for you. Since there isn’t many, I will leave some videos for a number of the artist so you can try them out.
- Nathan Angelo – A Matter of Time – (Nathan Angelo Music): Nathan Angelo is a singer/songwriter and more on the pop side. I have liked some of his older offerings, so if I am in the mood, I will throw this on and give it a spin.
- Steven Wilson – To The Bone – (SW Records): I am not familiar with Steven Wilson, but this song was good and has peaked my interest a little. Maybe I will play this one as well.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 18th”