I learned a new phrase today. I learned that Friday’s are also called “POETS” Day. A British slang I believe for “Piss Off Early, Tomorrow’s Saturday”. So why don’t we all celebrate “POETS” Day every Friday and treat ourselves to some music. There are a good amount of releases today and my choice is highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in hearing and what I missed on the list as I only usually put stuff on here for bands that I actually know something about so I miss a lot. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend…now Piss Off!!
- Dee Snider – For the Love of Metal (Live) – (Napalm Records): Speaking of live albums, we have a new one from Dee Snider from this tour of his latest album, For the Love of Metal. Looking forward to hearing this as that was a great album.
And here are the rest…some good stuff that might get checked out in the near future…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 31, 2020”
- The Psychedelic Furs – Made of Rain – (Cooking Vinyl)
Happy Friday and welcome to the last Friday of October. Halloween is just around the corner, but sadly not much to scare up in the releases this week. There a couple I might check out and if I get in the early Christmas spirit, maybe the William Shatner Christmas album will get a spin…but seriously doubt it. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what interests you, if anything, and let me know what I am missing out on this week. Thanks and have a great weekend.
- The Struts – Young&Dangerous – (Interscope): It has been a couple years since the Struts debut and they felt like they might the next big thing. But for me, the Jury is still out as they seem to be more of a novelty act than anything. The lead singer is a little over the top now and seems to be trying too hard to be something he really isn’t. I haven’t been overly excited of what I have heard so far, but I will give it a listen as they did interest me at one time. Man, I am really selling this one aren’t I!!!
- Boy George & Culture Club – Life – (BMG): Boy George is back and with Culture Club. That alone is enough to sell this one. I don’t know why, but this one interests me. I haven’t heard anything on it yet (not even the video posted below), but I want to hear it. It will get a spin mainly out of curiosity.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 26th”
Friday again and we are definitely getting closer to Christmas as there are several Christmas albums on the new release schedule (and I don’t want to listen to any of them!!!). Thank goodness there are some great rock releases as well. If you like women rockers, there are two great ones coming out today in The Pretty Reckless and The Pretenders. So many to listen to and can’t wait to hear them. My choices are highlighted in Blue.
- Pretty Reckless – Who You Selling For – (Razor & Tie): Taylor Momsen and gang are ready for the new hard rock release. Taylor has a great voice that is perfect to rock out. She is amazing and so is this band. High hopes for this one.
The Pretenders – Alone – (BMG): This was an unexpected surprise. So excited that Chrissie Hynde is back. I have followed them since the early 80’s and love everything they do. This is a must for me.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 21st”
Over the last 10 years, the quality of Christian Music is a vast improvement over where it had been. There are so many great bands and artists now that wear the Christian Music label.
Many of the songs could be and should be played on mainstream radio, but sadly will not. There are so many different musical styles and Christian Music has them all pop, rock, metal, singer/songwriter, hip-hop, dance and indie.
As I get older, the Christian Music genre gets to be more important in my life and tends to hold more meaning for me. I follow bands out of this genre just as passionately as I do any other type of music. If I like it, I am going to listen to it…it doesn’t matter what style or message the music might be expressing.
Below are my favorite songs by Christian artists:
Sanctus Real – “Lead Me” – This song is so powerful and the lyrics are so moving. I listen to it and I want to be a better man.
Continue reading “Favorite Christian Songs – Playlist”