Another Friday is upon us and I am glad you made it through another week. I am sure my kids are glad it is Friday as well since they started school this past week. It is a different type of school for them now thanks to COVID. But one thing that hasn’t changed is Friday is new release day. There is a lot here this week, but there isn’t at the same time. There is one I am looking forward to and one I will give a spin as it looks interesting and they are both marked in Blue. Let me know what you are excited about and what I may have missed. Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous weekend!!
- The Lemon Twigs – Songs for the General Public – (4AD Ltd): I know nothing about this band, but the album cover with them dressed very glam like has made me interested in spinning this one. I need something new, so hopefully this will satisfy that craving.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 21, 2020”
- The Killers – Imploding the Mirage – (Island Records): This album got bounced around so much due to Covid, I lost track of the release date and missed having it as a featured cover on the header. However, this is the main one I would want to hear this week. Sorry this was added late, but it has been added.
Here we are the 1st day of November and do we have a lot to be “Thankful” for this week with the new releases? Depends on your taste. There are some juicy ones this week for me, but nothing I am going to run and buy…however, streaming will do nicely here. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are digging this week and if I missed anything. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.
- Miranda Lambert – Wildcard – (Vanner Records/Sony): I don’t like Country music that much, but I like Miranda. She’s fiesty, she’s firey and she’s kinda hot!! She is someone my whole family likes and we enjoy listening to her in the car as a whole. And I am just glad my kids don’t have me on video sining “Little Red Wagon” from her earlier work…it is quite embarrassing as I add my own flair to that song that the kids find quite funny. But that ain’t this album. I haven’t heard anything yet, but have heard good things so I will check it out.
- Hootie & the Blowfish – Imperfect Circle – (Capitol Records): After 14 years, Hootie & the Blowfish are BACK!! Darius Rucker is taking a break from his very successful Country career to reignite the Hootie light. And kids from the 90’s rejoice!! Their blend of Pop Rock was a huge hit in the 90’s. Can it translate into something cool in the 21st Century? We will have to see.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 1st”
We are now into April and the releases are still coming fast and furious. There is a little something for everyone today and I am sure you will find something you like. We have pop, rock, metal, country, alternative, christian, classical, techno…basically the whole gamut of genres. My interests are focused on the ones highlighted in Blue.
- Michelle Branch – Hopeless Romantic – (Verve Label Group): Michelle Branch?? Am I reading that correctly? It has been over 14 years since she has had a full length solo album. She had an E.P. in 2010, but not since 2003 has she had a full length studio album. This one definitely has me intrigued. I can’t wait to hear what she has to offer.
- Deep Purple – InFinite – (Earmusic): Deep Purple just keep on going after almost 50 years. This is their twentieth studio release and quite possibly their last “Big” tour, whatever that means. I think the band members currently (after many iterations) is Ian Paice, Roger Glover, Ian Gillan, Steve Morse and Don Alrey. Looking forward to this release after hearing some great things about the album.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 7th”