Here we are the 1st day of November and do we have a lot to be “Thankful” for this week with the new releases? Depends on your taste. There are some juicy ones this week for me, but nothing I am going to run and buy…however, streaming will do nicely here. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are digging this week and if I missed anything. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.
- Miranda Lambert – Wildcard – (Vanner Records/Sony): I don’t like Country music that much, but I like Miranda. She’s fiesty, she’s firey and she’s kinda hot!! She is someone my whole family likes and we enjoy listening to her in the car as a whole. And I am just glad my kids don’t have me on video sining “Little Red Wagon” from her earlier work…it is quite embarrassing as I add my own flair to that song that the kids find quite funny. But that ain’t this album. I haven’t heard anything yet, but have heard good things so I will check it out.
- Hootie & the Blowfish – Imperfect Circle – (Capitol Records): After 14 years, Hootie & the Blowfish are BACK!! Darius Rucker is taking a break from his very successful Country career to reignite the Hootie light. And kids from the 90’s rejoice!! Their blend of Pop Rock was a huge hit in the 90’s. Can it translate into something cool in the 21st Century? We will have to see.
- Black Stone Cherry – Black to Blues, Vol. 2 – (Mascot Label Group): Black Stone Cherry had huge success with the Black to Blues, Vol 1 so why not let history repeat itself with another collection of Blues covers. This 6 song E.P. has covers from Robert Johnson, Howlin’ Wolf, Freddie King and others and should be a nice hold over until the next album comes out.
- Jeff Lynne’s ELO – From Out of Nowhere – (Big Trilby Records / Columbia): Jeff Lynne’s ELO just did a fantastic Summer tour with Dhani Harrison opening (and my brother-in-law working Dhani’s sound) and now they have a new album. Which was totally unexpected and has me quite intrigues to see what Lynne still has up his sleeve. This one is pure curiosity on my part.
- R.E.M. – Monster (25th Anniversary Edition) – (Craft Recordings/Concord): 25 years since this monster of an album (yes, pun intended). One of the band’s best albums (they have a bunch of those by the way). This set looks fantastic with 6 Discs of rare demos, re-mixes, an entire live show 1995 with a 25 song set list and a DVD with videos and stuff. This is how you do a box set. Christmas list…this has been added.
- Jeff Goldblum & the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra – I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This – (Decca Records / Universal): It is Jeff Goldblum…enuff said!!
And the rest…
- The Damned – Black is the Night: The Definitive Anthology – (BMG Music)
- Bob Dylan – Travelin’ Thru, 1967-1969: The Bootleg Series, Vol 15 – (Columbia Records)
- Highly Suspect – MCID – (300 Entertainment)
- Fire From the Gods – American Sun – (Eleven Seven Records)
- New Politics – An Invitation to an Alternate Reality – (Big Noise Music Group)
- Cold War Kids – New Age Norms 1 – (AWAL Recordings)