We are to the final week of October and Halloween is right around the corner. I don’t see any scary releases this week except maybe Lea Michele’s Christmas album…that one looks truly frightening and I will stay as far away as I possibly can from that one. Me, i plan on scaring up a couple for sure and maybe give two others a try. They are marked in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. I hope you find something and have a great weekend!
- Airbourne – Boneshaker – (Spinefarm Records): The boys from down under are back with another earth shattering, bone rattling rocker. I have this one on order and the vinyl should be there when I get home. I have everything else they have done on vinyl so why not this one. If you like AC/DC, you will like this. They are loud, aggressive and fantastic. Turn it up and let them blow your ears right off.
- James Blunt – Once Upon a Mind – (Atlantic Records): And if you want something a little more in the pop arena you won’t find anything better than James Blunt. His unique voice, great story telling and song writing are always entertaining and worth quite a few spins. Plus, the man is hilarious. I saw him live and his self-deprecating humor really made me a fan. HIs last album, ‘The Afterlove’ was amazing and so I have high expectations for this, his 6th album.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 25th”
After last week, we need a bunch of new releases and this week you get just that. This week is also heavy on the rock side which suits me fine. A whole lot to choose from here. Hopefully you will find something you like. I know I have quite a few I am interested and one that is on pre-order and can’t wait to dive into and re-explore. All my choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are looking forward to hearing and if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend!!
- Harem Scarem – The Ultimate Collection Box Set – (Frontiers Records): A 14 CD set spanning the entire Harem Scarem Career. This is massive and I can’t wait. I haven’t gone through their albums one by one in a long, long time…to long in fact. This will be fun and should keep me busy for quite some time. What’s your favorite album?
- Motley Crue – The Dirt Soundtrack – (Eleven Seven Music): The Crue is back with a Netflix Biopic and a soundtrack to boot. The soundtrack has four new songs (sort of) and is a greatest hits collection. It doesn’t look as sweet as the Queen movie soundtrack (now that is how you do it). Let’s hope the songs are better than the movie looks. So far, not overly impress with The Dirt song that was released and there is a cover of Like a Virgin by Madonna…that ain’t helping things look any better. We will see…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 22nd”
Happy Friday. Welcome to December and we are ever closer to Christmas so the choices get more limited and I have to stop buying so my family has something to get me for Christmas (and my Birthday). This week there are a handful of releases and a lot of them live. I have highlighted in Blue those I might give a listen, but no promises. Let me know if there is anything for you or anything I missed. Have a great music Weekend!!
- Coldplay – Live in Buenos Aires – (Parlophone): I haven’t listened to Coldplay much at all lately, so not sure why I am interested in hearing this, but it it is calling me. I will give it a spin.
- Gotthard – Defrosted 2: Live – (Nuclear Blast): When Steve Lee was alive and the lead singer of Gotthard, I was a huge fan. I haven’t been since and it is no fault of the band, I just found Steve to be AMAZING! and it is hard to get back into the band now. The original Defrosted was great and I am willing to give this one a try out of respect for the band.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 7th”
Welcome to the last Friday of April and the new music releases. There isn’t a ton, but there should be something for everyone. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Take a look through and let me know what you are interested in or what I might have missed. Have a great weekend!!
- Sanctus Real – Changed – (Framework Records): Sanctus Real are one of the few Christian bands I still follow. They are consistently great and there are always some gems on each album. They are more pop than rock, but just as good as anything on the radio. Now, here is the twist. The lead singer of the band, Matt Hammitt, has left the band and so they have a new singer. I am going to try this one out, but not sure how much I will dig it as it was Matt’s vocals that always drew me in. He was also the principal songwriter. We will see, but hopes aren’t high.
- Anthrax – Kings Among Scotland – (Megaforce Records): A Live DVD and CD that was recorded last year. It is Anthrax, of course it is going to get a spin or two. Plus, the album is a shout out to Kiss’ Rock & Roll Over cover! Not much else to say on this.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – April 27th”
We are now in December and only 24 more days until Christmas. Here are some great gifts to give…new album releases!!! There is a wide variety of music this week so there might be something for everyone today. My picks are highlighted in Blue. What do you see that you like and want to get from Santa??? Let me know. Also, if you want to purchase an album, you can easily click on the link below the album and it will take you straight to iTunes.
- Chris Stapleton – From A Room: Volume 2 – (Mercury Nashville): I am so glad there is a Volume 2 because ‘From A Room: Volume 1’ was sensational. I am looking forward to what he taps into for this one because if it is anything like the outlaw country / southern rock vibe of the first one, you will be in for a treat.
- Down ‘N Outz – The Further Live Adventures of… – (Frontier Records): Joe Elliott from Def Leppard returns with his side project that celebrates the music of Mott the Hoople, British Lions & Ian Hunter. This time it is a live concert and another reminder of how great their music was. It deserves to be celebrated. As a Joe fan, no brainer for me.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – December 1st”
CD Edition?? What the hell??? This is a series about my journey rediscovering Vinyl. Why would I discuss CDs??
Well, let me tell you why. Before I started re-collecting vinyl, I use to have a pretty extensive CD collection. After we had kids and the digital age, I burned all my CDs to digital and then started selling them off (made pretty good money on some). When we moved from Georgia to North Carolina, I gave my neighbor the final box of CDs as I didn’t want to move them and I was going to have no where to store them (I regret that decision to this day).
Lo and behold, one of my neighbors inherited a collection of CDs he had no desire for keeping. He had a bunch of scratched up, banged up CDs that probably didn’t even work and he was going to try and sell the rest. I let him try and make a little money on the others (which he was able to sell about 100) and if there was any left, I told him I would be interested in whatever he had left.
Continue reading “Turntables & Vinyl #8 – The CD Edition”