This Australian heavy metal band is a full on rock band that is loud, obnoxious and freaking awesome. If you like AC/DC, well here is the second coming of the band. Where Greta Van Fleet get blasted for sounding like Zeppelin, no one seems to care that these guys sound like AC/DC. Hell, they are doing AC/DC better than AC/DC right now.
If you don’t know about the band, know that Lemmy (Motorhead) was a huge fan of the band and even showed up in one of their music videos from their debut album. That was enough for me to give this band a try and and I am so glad I did. After Lemmy’s passing, the band paid tribute to Lemmy in their song “It’s All For Rock & Roll” and even had the airplane lighting rig Motorhead used on tour in the video. It was pretty cool to see.
After the band’s fourth album, ‘Breakin’ Outta Hell’, they decided to put together a collection of B-Sides together for an album and released it as a Box Set that included their first 3 albums. I received the Vinyl Edition as a Christmas gift from my girls and to top if off, the bought “Breakin’ Outta Hell’ on vinyl as well. My Airbourne Vinyl collection was complete.
Continue reading “Airbourne – Diamond Cuts Box Set – Album Review”
Welcome to the last Friday New Releases of the month. There are too many new releases this week and no way to even come close to listening to it all. There a handful I will attempt to get to and those will be highlighted in Blue, but doesn’t mean there aren’t others on this list I don’t want to hear. I have to some way prioritize the listening choices. I am sure there is something on here that you will find exciting. Let me know what you are interested in getting.
- Shania Twain – Now – (Universal Nashville): Oh Shania, how we have missed you. Back with her first album in 15 YEARS!!!. I have heard a couple songs off the album and haven’t been overly impressed so I am little worried about this one. My wife and I enjoy Shania and went saw her in concert about 2 years ago and we also had “From This Moment” played at our wedding. As a result, I will give this a listen despite my hesitations.
- Black Stone Cherry – Black to Blues EP – (Mascot Label Group): The Southern Hard Rock band is bringing us a little EP to hold us over until their next album…I am so cool with that. They don’t seem to ever disappoint and I could use a good old rock album about now.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 29th”
Welcome to the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2016. These songs are my favorite songs of the year and were not necessarily played on the radio or even shot up the charts. They just moved me in some way good or bad!
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2016 or the Top Albums of 2016 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
It is time to start the list so here we go…
20. “Parasite (feat. John 5)” by Ace Frehley off the album ‘Origins, Vol. 1’: I wouldn’t pick a covers song for this list if this one wasn’t so damn good. John 5 on guitar is amazing and since this is an old Kiss song it is perfect for Ace. I think it sounds better than the original.
19. “Raise Hell” by Dorothy off the album ‘RockisDead’: This bluesy gem from Dorothy has such a great sound and Dorothy’s vocals are perfect for this style. I expect big things from this band!
Continue reading “The Top 20 Rock Songs of 2016”
Airbourne is out of Australia and let me tell you they will rock the hell out of you. ‘Breakin’ Outta Hell’ is the band’s fourth studio album and they are really going all out on this release. If you are in to the 80’s rock sound and love AC/DC and Quiet Riot, you have found the band to carry that torch. The songs are heavily influenced by those bands both in vocals and sound. The album came out on Spinefarm Records back on September 23rd, 2016.
The album comes out of the gate swinging and does not stop until the last note is played. It never slows down and there are no power ballads, it is just loud, head banging rock & roll…like it should be.
There are basically 5 types of songs on this album. Songs referencing Hell, songs about Rock, songs about Fighting, songs about Drinking and songs about Sex. No surprise because what else is there to sing about?
Continue reading “Airbourne – ‘Breakin’ Outta Hell’ – Album Review”
Happy Friday!! We made it through another week. Now let’s enjoy the weekend with some great new music. There is so much to choose from this weekend and some I can’t wait to grab a hold of and sonically consume. Let me know what your interested in, and as always, my most anticipated ones are highlighted in Blue. There are a lot so I am only going to comment on four of them, the others Bruce Springsteen and Joe Bonamassa are just too obvious choices that I am sure a lot of you are interested in as well.
- Airbourne – Breakin’ Outta Hell – (Spinefarm): Are you ready to rock 80’s style? Then turn that volume up and rock your ass off with Airbourne. One of the most exciting retro rock bands to come out in the last 10 years. Listen to the title track and then go get this album and turn to 11.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 23rd”