Happy Friday. Welcome to the new releases and I am sorry, but there are not a lot this week. Why? Because no one wants to go up against Taylor Swift. She will rule the world this week. That doesn’t mean I don’t have something because I do and it is going to kick some major ass. Sorry Swift, this will get played…yours won’t…except with my girls so I will hear it, but not by choice. What I will hear is in Blue. I hope there is something for you. Let me know what you like and if I missed anything. Thanks and have a great weekend!
- Crobot – Motherbrain – (Mascot Label Group): The boys from PA are back with their fourth studio album. If you like your hard rock with a little funk then come on over as you won’t be disappointed. This album is going on first thing this morning on the way to work…cranked as loud as I can take it. Each album has gotten better and I hope this one follows that trend.
- Taylor Swift – Lover – (Taylor Swift): Okay, I will have to listen to this and it is a really huge release so I will mention it. My prediction is that it won’t do as well as her previous releases as I think she has reached her peak a couple album ago. I am not saying it will be bad, I am saying we have probably heard it all before and she is rehashing old sounds. I think the days of Swift Superiority are coming to an end especially when you have fresh voices like Billie Eilish starting to rule the airwaves.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – August 23rd”
Welcome to the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2016. These songs are my favorite songs of the year and were not necessarily played on the radio or even shot up the charts. They just moved me in some way good or bad!
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2016 or the Top Albums of 2016 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
It is time to start the list so here we go…
20. “Parasite (feat. John 5)” by Ace Frehley off the album ‘Origins, Vol. 1’: I wouldn’t pick a covers song for this list if this one wasn’t so damn good. John 5 on guitar is amazing and since this is an old Kiss song it is perfect for Ace. I think it sounds better than the original.
19. “Raise Hell” by Dorothy off the album ‘RockisDead’: This bluesy gem from Dorothy has such a great sound and Dorothy’s vocals are perfect for this style. I expect big things from this band!
Continue reading “The Top 20 Rock Songs of 2016”
2016 is about to be over so it is time to look back on the year and see what amazing albums rocked my world this year. It was a great year indeed. This was the year I started this blog back in April and it has been a blast. I have listened to a lot of albums this year so I had stuff to write about and it really made the year special.
This list will be my favorite “Rock” albums of the year. All other types of music will be for a later post. I am going to leave this one to my favorite genre. It is a broad genre, but these are the albums that I consider to be ROCK!!
Also note, these are MY FAVORITES!! These are not the most popular or possibly even the ones that have sold the most. These are the albums that I connected with during the year and kept coming back to again and again. And without further adieu, here are the Top Rock Albums of 2016:
My #1 Album of the Year:
Hellyeah – UnDen!able (Eleven Seven Music): This album screams Rock & Roll to me! It is heavy and pounding with aggressive vocals and lyrics and was perfect for me when I got stuck in traffic and needed to vent a little. With songs like “Startariot”, “X”, “Scratch A Lie” and “Be Undeniable”, I was completely satisfied with this gem. Check out the review at this link to see what I thought in detail about the album.
Continue reading “The Top Rock Albums of 2016”
Happy Friday!! We made it through another week. Now let’s enjoy the weekend with some great new music. There is so much to choose from this weekend and some I can’t wait to grab a hold of and sonically consume. Let me know what your interested in, and as always, my most anticipated ones are highlighted in Blue. There are a lot so I am only going to comment on four of them, the others Bruce Springsteen and Joe Bonamassa are just too obvious choices that I am sure a lot of you are interested in as well.
- Airbourne – Breakin’ Outta Hell – (Spinefarm): Are you ready to rock 80’s style? Then turn that volume up and rock your ass off with Airbourne. One of the most exciting retro rock bands to come out in the last 10 years. Listen to the title track and then go get this album and turn to 11.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 23rd”