Welcome to the Top 20 Rock Songs of 2016. These songs are my favorite songs of the year and were not necessarily played on the radio or even shot up the charts. They just moved me in some way good or bad!
If you missed the Top Rock Albums of 2016 or the Top Albums of 2016 (that were not Rock), just click on the link and go check them out.
It is time to start the list so here we go…
20. “Parasite (feat. John 5)” by Ace Frehley off the album ‘Origins, Vol. 1’: I wouldn’t pick a covers song for this list if this one wasn’t so damn good. John 5 on guitar is amazing and since this is an old Kiss song it is perfect for Ace. I think it sounds better than the original.
19. “Raise Hell” by Dorothy off the album ‘RockisDead’: This bluesy gem from Dorothy has such a great sound and Dorothy’s vocals are perfect for this style. I expect big things from this band!
Continue reading “The Top 20 Rock Songs of 2016”
2016 is about to be over so it is time to look back on the year and see what amazing albums rocked my world this year. It was a great year indeed. This was the year I started this blog back in April and it has been a blast. I have listened to a lot of albums this year so I had stuff to write about and it really made the year special.
This list will be my favorite “Rock” albums of the year. All other types of music will be for a later post. I am going to leave this one to my favorite genre. It is a broad genre, but these are the albums that I consider to be ROCK!!
Also note, these are MY FAVORITES!! These are not the most popular or possibly even the ones that have sold the most. These are the albums that I connected with during the year and kept coming back to again and again. And without further adieu, here are the Top Rock Albums of 2016:
My #1 Album of the Year:
Hellyeah – UnDen!able (Eleven Seven Music): This album screams Rock & Roll to me! It is heavy and pounding with aggressive vocals and lyrics and was perfect for me when I got stuck in traffic and needed to vent a little. With songs like “Startariot”, “X”, “Scratch A Lie” and “Be Undeniable”, I was completely satisfied with this gem. Check out the review at this link to see what I thought in detail about the album.
Continue reading “The Top Rock Albums of 2016”
Each week Apple Music creates a playlist for me of songs they feel I will like called “My Favorites Mix”. This week they did a really great job of picking those songs. There were 25 songs and 1 hour & 32 minutes of magic. Here are the songs:
- “Parasite (feat. John 5)” by Ace Frehley – Origins Vol. 1
- “You’re In Trouble” by Ratt – Out of the Cellar
- “Tobacco Road” by David Lee Roth – Eat ‘Em and Smile
- “My Woman in Black” by Scorpion Child – Acid Roulette
- “Outta My Way” by Talisman – Cats and Dogs
- “Monster You Made” by Pop Evil – War of Angels
- “Under and Over It” by Five Finger Death Punch – American Capitalist
- “Fiddler’s” by John 5 – Songs for Sanity
- “We Could Run Away” by Needtobreathe – The Heat
- “Rudebox” by Robbie Williams – Rudebox E.P.
- “Stay the Night” by James Blunt – Some Kind of Trouble
- “No Apologies” by Bon Jovi – Greatest Hits – The Ultimate Collection
- “Professor Satchafunkilus” by Joe Satriani – Professor Satchafunkilus and the Musterion of Rock
- “Lighter Shade of Green” by Alcatrazz – Disturbing the Peace
- “Start Me Up” by the Rolling Stones – The Complete Collection 1971-2013
- “Something More” by Train – Drops of Jupiter
- “Invisible Touch” by Genesis – Invisible Touch
- “Run to You” by Bryan Adams – Reckless
- “Bring It On Home” by Dread Zeppelin – Un-Led-Ed
- “One Thing Leads to Another” by The Fixx – Reach the Beach
- “Suicide Blonde” by INXS – The Best of INXS
- “Sure Know Something” by Kiss – Dynasty
- “Save A Prayer” by Duran Duran – Greatest
- “Let’s Dance” by David Bowie – Best of Bowie
- “Hollywood” by Collective Soul – Afterwords
When I gave this a listen the first time, this playlist put me in a great mood. I hope the new playlist coming up on Wednesday is as good as this one. Go to Apple Music and give it a listen at this link.
Another great Friday of releases. The one I am most excited about is Scorpion Child. I hope there is something that gets your blood pumping. The ones in blue are the ones I will be listening to over the next couple of days.
- Scorpion Child – Acid Roulette – (Nuclear Blast America) – They are back and I couldn’t be happier. Their self-titled first album was a masterpiece. They have a classic rock sound with a modern edge. I can’t get enough of new bands that have that retro sound. This will be the first album I listen to in the car on the way to work.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 10th”