We are to the final week of October and Halloween is right around the corner. I don’t see any scary releases this week except maybe Lea Michele’s Christmas album…that one looks truly frightening and I will stay as far away as I possibly can from that one. Me, i plan on scaring up a couple for sure and maybe give two others a try. They are marked in Blue. Let me know what interests you and what I might have missed. I hope you find something and have a great weekend!
- Airbourne – Boneshaker – (Spinefarm Records): The boys from down under are back with another earth shattering, bone rattling rocker. I have this one on order and the vinyl should be there when I get home. I have everything else they have done on vinyl so why not this one. If you like AC/DC, you will like this. They are loud, aggressive and fantastic. Turn it up and let them blow your ears right off.
- James Blunt – Once Upon a Mind – (Atlantic Records): And if you want something a little more in the pop arena you won’t find anything better than James Blunt. His unique voice, great story telling and song writing are always entertaining and worth quite a few spins. Plus, the man is hilarious. I saw him live and his self-deprecating humor really made me a fan. HIs last album, ‘The Afterlove’ was amazing and so I have high expectations for this, his 6th album.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – October 25th”
Another great week and some awesome releases to grab hold of today. There is not a long list, but some varied and interesting stuff. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Take a look through and let me know if there is anything that interests you and let me know. Let me know also if I missed something good that is out today…as I always miss a few. Have a great weekend and Happy Listening!!
- Slash – Living the Dream (Feat. Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators) – (Snakepit Records LLC): Where does Slash find the time to record with the heavy tour schedule since Guns N Roses reunited (most of the band anyway). Anything with Myles Kennedy on vocals is a must for me. Slash’s name just adds to the excitement. I will be spinning this one for sure.
- Hardcore Superstar – You Can’t Kill My Rock ‘n Roll – (Gain/Sony): Here is a band that the US has kind of ignored and it is a shame. From what I have heard so far sounds great and this might be first up on the drive to work!! Give them a chance and check them out. You might like it!!
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 21st”
Happy Friday. Not a ton of releases that have caught my attention this week. There are two that I will be diving in to and they are at opposite ends of the spectrum for sure. There are a couple more I will try out eventually, but the first two will get most of my attention. All the releases I will be checking out are highlighted in Blue. Take a look around and see what else you might like and let me know in the comments. If you want to see all the new releases coming in the universe over the next several weeks (or months), CLICK HERE.
- James Bay – Electric Light – (Republic Records): Finally, the super talented James Bay is back with his sophomore release. Is the sophomore jinx in place or not, we will have to hear it first to decide. I have heard three singles so far and the first was completely different than his last album which can be good and bad as you don’t necessarily want to alienate the fans you built off that sound. The next two were a little more in the wheelhouse we expect. He is a great songwriter, singer and guitar player so we will check this out. In the meantime, have a glass of “Pink Lemonade”
- Five Finger Death Punch – And Justice for None – (Prospect Park): Now for the other end of the spectrum, there is Five Finger Death Punch. The music is just that, a death punch to the face. Every now and again, I like it hard and I like it loud and this is exactly what I need right now. So prepare your ears to be decimated.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 18th”
We are already to the end of the first month of the year and some good ones so far. And we are ending the month with some even better. My choices are highlighted in Blue. There should be a little something for everyone this week. Let me know which ones you want or if I missed something. I have a lot to get through this weekend. Have a great weekend!!
- Rick Springfield – The Snake King – (Frontiers Records): I love me some Rick Springfield. I am not afraid to admit it. I was a fan as a kid and he was my first concert my sister and I went to go see. Back in 2004 with his album Shock/Denial/Anger/Acceptance, I garnered a new found respect for him and have been following him with more gusto. The new album is more blues rock and a nice change of pace. He keeps trying new things and keeps getting better. I enjoyed the single “Little Demon” and expect great things to come.
- The Poodles – Prisma – (GAIN/Sony): The Poodles have returned after a little break and some little side projects. My only disappointment with this album is it is not new material. It is a cover’s album which I am not always a huge fan of. I will listen, but worried. I don’t want it to be karaoke and from what I hear with “It’s No Good” tells me it won’t be.
- Phil Campbell & the Bastard Sons – The Age of Absurdity – (Nuclear Blast): Motorhead guitarists has his own band and they come at you with dirty, gritty rock and exactly what you need. I am looking forward to devouring this release and blowing out the speakers!
- Delta Deep – East Coast Live – (Frontiers Records): Delta Deep delivers their first live album which is great considering I was unable to attend a show they did last year. Def Leppard’s own Phil Collen is on guitar and Stone Temple Pilots’ own Robert Deleo on Bass, Forrest Robinson on drums and the great vocals of Debbi Blackwell. I got in to them thanks to my Bro-in-law as he did the sound for all their live shows. This should be good…no great!!
- John 5 & The Creatures – It’s Alive – (60 Cycle Hum Records): As much as I loved his last solo release with the Creatures, a live version is a no brainer. Can’t wait to dive into this and to see what I missed when they came to town last year.
- Ammunition – Ammunition – (Frontiers Records): Former members of Wig Wam together again…enough said. This will get some spins for sure.
- Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa – Black Coffee – (J&R Adventures)
- Loudness – Rise To Glory – (Frontiers Records)
- Steve Hackett – Wuthering Nights: Live in Birmingham – (Inside Out Records)
- Armik – Pacifica – (Bolero Records)
- Machine Head – Catharsis – (Nuclear Blast Entertainment)
- Craig David – The Time is Now – (Insanity Records)
Happy Friday! I hope your Summer is going well. This week has very few releases that are on my radar so not a lot to choose from. There are a couple that will get a spin and maybe I can catch up on all the releases earlier in the month. The ones I will listen to are highlighted in Blue…as usual.
- Imagine Dragons – Evolve – (Interscope): The pop/rock band is back with their third studio release. After breaking on to the scene in 2012 with “Radioactive, they hope to capture the magic yet again. If “Believer” is any indication of what is to come, we should have another great release.
- King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard – Murder of the Universe – (Flightless Records): King Gizzard returns with their 2nd album of 2017. The first ‘Flying Microtonal Banana’ was exceptional and can they repeat the magic so quickly? We will see. Plus, they intend to release 4 to 5 albums this year so they better get moving as we are almost half way through the year. This album appears to be quite different from the last as it is broken up into 3 chapters to tell an overall story I am assuming. I will have to wait and hear I guess. NOTE: Video has a warning that if you are susceptible to seizures, DO NOT watch the video.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 23rd”
Happy Friday!! We made it through another week. Now let’s enjoy the weekend with some great new music. There is so much to choose from this weekend and some I can’t wait to grab a hold of and sonically consume. Let me know what your interested in, and as always, my most anticipated ones are highlighted in Blue. There are a lot so I am only going to comment on four of them, the others Bruce Springsteen and Joe Bonamassa are just too obvious choices that I am sure a lot of you are interested in as well.
- Airbourne – Breakin’ Outta Hell – (Spinefarm): Are you ready to rock 80’s style? Then turn that volume up and rock your ass off with Airbourne. One of the most exciting retro rock bands to come out in the last 10 years. Listen to the title track and then go get this album and turn to 11.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 23rd”