Welcome to the last Friday of the month and the last of the September new releases. Let me tell you there are a bunch. There seems to be a little for everyone from Metal to Pop to Christian to Country to Jazz to Electronica to Soundtracks. You name it and it is probably here. I have a few I am interested in and will stream, but nothing that I am running out and buying until I have heard it first. Those choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know who you want to hear and what I might have missed as it is known to happen (quite frequently actually). I hope there is something for you. Have a great weekend.
- Hellyeah – Welcome Home – (Eleven Seven Music): The band’s sixth studio album and first since losing founding member and drummer, the great Vinnie Paul. Luckily for us, he is featured on this album so fans need to grab this for that fact alone. For me, the band is hit and miss. They are hard and heavy, no doubt, and sometimes I need it that way. It will get blasted in the car for sure (and at home).
- Steel Panther – Heavy Metal Rules – (Steel Panther): Yet another release by the Steel Panther. Let me tell you they don’t hold back on this one. Their porn rock has kind of grown old for me and I really wish they would do a straight up rock record that isn’t such filth. It was funny at first, now it is old and boring. I will give it at least one listen, but honestly, not expecting much…sorry guys. Seeing them live is where the fun is really at so go check them out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 27th”
March is over and it will go out with a ton of releases this week. There is something for everyone with this many releases. We have metal, rock, alternative, country, R&B, jazz and christian music all to be heard and spun. Actually, for me, there isn’t much I am interested in and I will highlight those in Blue. Let me know what you found and if I missed anything. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. If you want to see a bunch of the new releases coming over the next couple months, click New Releases here or at the top of the page.
- Billie Eilish – When We All Fall Asleep – (Darkroom/Interscope Records): Okay, this one is on my list because it is my oldest daughters favorite artist right now and apparently a lot of people are digging her. She is VERY DARK in her attitude, music and especially the lyrics. But she has something that is the “IT” factor right now. A lot of her stuff is a little too weird, but some songs really knock it out of the park. I will be listening to this one a lot…and not all by choice.
- L.A. Guns – The Devil You Know – (Frontiers Records): Is this the real L.A. Guns or one of the two touring bands with the same name?? Kidding…a little. Either way, I will give it a spin and see what this old band still has to offer.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 29th”
Wow! Another HUGE week of releases. There are a ton I am interested in and some I have bought already or will be very, very soon. There is a wide range of artists covering Rock, Metal, Country, R&B, Pop, Showtunes, Christian, Alternative, Hip Hop and many more. There has to be something you will be digging. If not, let me know and let me if there is. I love to know what people are in to and whether or not I am missing out on anything good. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Have a great weekend!!
- Needtobreathe – Acoustic Live, Vol. 1 – (Atlantic Records): If you read my site, you know this is one of my favorite bands so it is no wonder this tops the list. The vinyl is on order and I hope I get it on release day, but doubt it since it is from the NTB webstore and not Amazon. Oh well! The album is a collection of acoustic tracks from their acoustic tour last year. All classic NTB tracks and these guys are fantastic live, so high expectations.
- Chris Cornell – Chris Cornell (Deluxe) – (Universal Music): This set looks S.W.E.E.T.!! An extensive greatest hits compilation of his Soundgarden, Audioslave and Solo work among some rare treats as well. This is another must have in the physical form. It is on the Christmas list and if I don’t get it, I will immediately buy on Amazon Christmas Day.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – November 16th”
We are at the end of another month and what a way to end it. There are so many releases this week I hope there is something you can find and enjoy. My vacation will be ending this week and then back to work next, so I am going to try and do nothing for a couple days except listen to music. My choices are in Blue. Let me know what you are feeling and if I missed anything. Have a great weekend!!
- The Wild Feathers – Greetings from the Neon Frontier – (Reprise Records): This is where I will spend most of my time. I really think these guys are great. They are a mixture of Rock, Folk, Country and blend it all together so nicely. It is always a listening pleasure and so much to take in. Give them a try and as this is their third studio release, go back and get the other two.
- Guns N Roses – Appetite for Destruction Super Deluxe Edition – (Geffen Records): What can I say about this one. One of the greatest debut albums by any band and now we get the ultimate deluxe edition. I can’t afford the big daddy release as I just bought the Def Leppard Vinyl collection (Volume One) so I will end up settling for one of the lesser expensive releases. Either way, it is nice to have for the collection.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – June 29th”
Happy Friday! Of course, all Friday’s are happy. The last day of the work week and new album releases. What could be better…maybe everyday being a Friday. There are a handful of albums this week for me and one was on pre-order and should be at my door when I get home from work…yes, it will be a great Friday. My choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know what you are interested in or if I missed anything which happens all the time. Have a great weekend and enjoy any new music you pick up.
- W.E.T. – Earthrage – (Frontiers Records): Jeff Scott Soto is a busy man between his solo album, Sons of Apollo and now a new W.E.T. album. And it has been too long since the last one, 5 years I believe since the last studio album and that is way too long. Jeff’s vocals are what keep me coming back to everything he releases. With W.E.T., he teams up with Erik Martensson and Robert Sall to form this sensational trio. The bands this trio is from makes up the name…Work of Art, Eclipse & Talisman…all three great bands in their own right. If this first song is what we can expect, hold on tight!! Check them out!
- Kip Winger – Solo Box Set Collection – (Frontiers Records): Kip Winger is such an underrated talent…well at least he used to be. He is now a Classical Composer (Grammy nominated I think)…pretty cool! This set is a collection of all his solo works (it isn’t classical music though). We get 5 CDs, the 3 solo albums, an acoustic album (with Winger songs included) and some rare demos and an unreleased track. Pretty damn fine set of music and worth picking up. This is what I have on pre-order and should keep me busy for awhile!! Here is the collections trailer…
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – March 23rd”