Welcome to the last Friday of the month and the last of the September new releases. Let me tell you there are a bunch. There seems to be a little for everyone from Metal to Pop to Christian to Country to Jazz to Electronica to Soundtracks. You name it and it is probably here. I have a few I am interested in and will stream, but nothing that I am running out and buying until I have heard it first. Those choices are highlighted in Blue. Let me know who you want to hear and what I might have missed as it is known to happen (quite frequently actually). I hope there is something for you. Have a great weekend.
- Hellyeah – Welcome Home – (Eleven Seven Music): The band’s sixth studio album and first since losing founding member and drummer, the great Vinnie Paul. Luckily for us, he is featured on this album so fans need to grab this for that fact alone. For me, the band is hit and miss. They are hard and heavy, no doubt, and sometimes I need it that way. It will get blasted in the car for sure (and at home).
- Steel Panther – Heavy Metal Rules – (Steel Panther): Yet another release by the Steel Panther. Let me tell you they don’t hold back on this one. Their porn rock has kind of grown old for me and I really wish they would do a straight up rock record that isn’t such filth. It was funny at first, now it is old and boring. I will give it at least one listen, but honestly, not expecting much…sorry guys. Seeing them live is where the fun is really at so go check them out.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – September 27th”
Another Friday has arrived and as school starts to wind down for some and Summer is coming, there are a bunch of new albums for you to choose from. Anything strike your fancy??? There are a few for me and they are highlighted in Blue. There are more I want to hear, but these three are the ones I will attack first. Enjoy!
- Linkin Park – One More Light – (Warner Bros): Their new song “Heavy” is doing well on the charts and features Kilara. My kids love this song and it doesn’t sound like the Linkin Park of old. I am interested in seeing what the rest has to offer. I haven’t been thrilled with their current releases and hoping for some return to greatness with this one.
- Papa Roach – Crooked Teeth – (Eleven Seven Music): Big fan of Papa Roach and so glad they are back with some more hard rock. The Deluxe Edition of this gives you a live concert from The Fillmore in Detroit. That means the Deluxe is a must grab for me.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – May 19th”
This is a very quiet week for new releases. Only one new one that I am eager to hear, Leeland’s ‘Invisible’. There are 2 greatest hits that you should check out if you don’t have all their stuff already – Dio and Dragonforce. Outside of that, not real excited about the others.
- Leeland – Invisible – (Provident) – It has been about 5 years since their last album. The band’s line-up has changed significantly and only 2 members left. If you like Christian music, they are worth giving a listen.
Continue reading “Friday New Releases – July 22nd”